2019 Yankees

Maxman

Frankly, big blunder by Cashman in not signing Keuchel. It only costs them money. Every other starter will cost assets.  The rotation is a ticking time bomb and they're trying to win the WS. You don't go cheap on that.

Really bad by Cashman and I hope it doesn't bite them later in the year.

3 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Keuchel for prorated one year was such a no brainer it's idiotic that they apparently got outbid by a million, especially since he really just needs to be a back-end option for German's innings limit and Paxton/CC injury risk.

But really, the Corbin non-signing in favor of Happ was the dumbest move that still is annoying.

Absolutely. Again, it's just money. Luxury tax threshold has already been re-set.  

Yanks have needed starting pitching for a number of years and repeatedly Cashman has balked because of money.  If money is such an issue, try to trade Stanton.  They're fortunate to have Judge, Sanchez and Torres on cheap deals

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

Paxton is so fabulous.   1 start so far this season where he even touched the 7th inning.

I know he was hurt, but blah.

Since he came off the IL is velocity is not back where it was.  He really turned a corner before he go hurt and wonder if mentally he is thinking about the knee and not driving his pitches.  Was a injury concern when we traded for him.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, Barton said:

Amazing how Cashman continually lacks the foresight to enter a season with more than 5 starting pitchers. 

He’s gotten insanely lucky that German has been lights out so far 

Pray that Severino comes back in about a month we ain’t getting nobody

23 hours ago, chirorob said:

CC   Win # 250 in his career.   After him is Verlander, after that, I don't think anyone else.

250 wins, CY Young, WS win as a staff ace.  Almost 100 games over 500 for his career.  He has to go to the HOF.

I really hope CC changes his mind and sticks around a few more years to get to 300 wins

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I really hope CC changes his mind and sticks around a few more years to get to 300 wins

It would take 4-5 years.   I don't see him getting there.

My favorite as a kid was Tommy John.   288 career wins.   I SOOOOO wanted him to get there, but he was just done.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:09 AM, Philc1 said:

Pray that Severino comes back in about a month we ain’t getting nobody

Unfortunately I wouldn't count on this. They always say a guy will be back at a certain time and it always gets pushed back. He's not even enough anyway the Yankees need a true ace. Cashman should give the nats basically whatever they want for Scherzer.

13 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't count on this. They always say a guy will be back at a certain time and it always gets pushed back. He's not even enough anyway the Yankees need a true ace. Cashman should give the nats basically whatever they want for Scherzer.

But he doesn’t even need to give up anything crazy to get Scherzer.  Scherzer is about to get his right of first refusal to vest

Cashman can offer a very reasonable package that doesn’t even include anything crazy like Severino

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Yankees NEED starting pitching JA Happ bad CC Sabathia old.......

Cashman needs to acquire 2 starters ASAP 

We can get away with ok starting pitching in the regular season with this offense but come playoff time we need killers in the starting rotation

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2019 at 1:57 PM, chirorob said:

Stanton out until August.   Only 200 million more owed to this guy.  

Miami looks like the big winners on that deal.   Guy is made of glass, he has Greg Bird itis.

He wasn’t hurt last season.  Injuries happen let’s not declare him Jacoby Ellsbury yet

The Yankees/Cashman actually blew it big time 2 years ago with Verlander and that would have won them the last 2 WS.

If they don't get an ACE it's going to make it real hard to win a seven game series facing a guy like Verlander 2 possibly 3 times.

• Upvote 1