2019 Yankees

Maxman

13 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Yankees need two out of these three.

Grienke Bauer and Noah. Go all in this year.

Bauer - not happening

Greinke - would be another Vazquez/Sonny Gray

Noah-  makes most sense but Mets will want Gleyber plus prospects.  Too much

But hey at least Cashman refuses to sign Keuchel when he has a thousand different chances

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Well I think they’ll trade him like everyone is saying but yeah the Mets probably wouldn’t make that kind of trade with the Yankees. Just wishful thinking. 

Mets want Gleyber.  Guy is just too good and will probably be our full time shortstop next year if Didi leaves in free agency

Everyone was laughing at Jeter for trading Stanton to us for nothing it’s looking like Jeter won that trade.  I doubt Cashman is as gun shy to sign Carpenter or Keuchel if he doesn’t have Stanton’s whale contract the next 8 years

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Mets want Gleyber.  Guy is just too good and will probably be our full time shortstop next year if Didi leaves in free agency

Everyone was laughing at Jeter for trading Stanton to us for nothing it’s looking like Jeter won that trade.  I doubt Cashman is as gun shy to sign Carpenter or Keuchel if he doesn’t have Stanton’s whale contract the next 8 years

Jeter won that trade.   Stanton is a big right handed guy who is hurt.  A lot.

Signing Happ, and letting Morton go to the Rays is killer.   I loved that guy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Mets want a kings ransom for Noah no way I trade Torres for Noah. 

Maybe they can lure them to buy into Clint Frazier and a few minor league top prospects. 

Doubt it though

Yeah I doubt the Mets would take Frazier. Everyone probably got scared off after that bad game against bahstan. 

23 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don’t think so the Mets would probably rather take less from another team rather than trading him to the Yankees. 

Doubtful. I don't think Brodie gives much of a crap given he just dealt Vargas to Philly. There are a bunch of theories floating around today but two the that make the most sense for the Mets in the Stroman trade are 1. Easy replacement for Wheeler or 2. He's trying to bait suitors, notably the Yankees, into outbidding San Diego for Thor.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Doubtful. I don't think Brodie gives much of a crap given he just dealt Vargas to Philly. There are a bunch of theories floating around today but two the that make the most sense for the Mets in the Stroman trade are 1. Easy replacement for Wheeler or 2. He's trying to bait suitors, notably the Yankees, into outbidding San Diego for Thor.

Thor can stay a Met.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s just weird.  The Mets traded Vargas to the Phillies for nothing when they could have gotten good players from the Yankees 

On 7/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, Apache 51 said:

Yankees have the leverage, No?

Yankees have zero leverage.  Cashman waited too late to get aggressive 

Our entire playoffs hinges on Betances and Severino both coming back and being effective by October 

MLB trade rumors: Yankees turned down this Clint Frazier trade in talks for Diamondbacks’ Robbie Ray

Updated 3:22 PM; Today 3:00 PM

New York Yankees' Clint Frazier was a part of trade talks with the Arizona Diamondbacks.

By Brendan Kuty | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

NEW YORK — The Yankees channeled their inner Meat Loaf in talks with the Diamondbacks.

They’ll do anything for pitching, but they ... won’t ... do ... that.

The Yankees discussed a trade with Arizona that would have landed lefty Robbie Ray in the Bronx, but they refused to give the Diamondbacks slugging outfielder Clint Frazier plus three prospects, including 2017 first-round pick Clarke Schmidt, according to a report from MLB Network’s Jon Heyman.

Dbacks asked the Yankees for Clint Frazier plus 3 prospects for Robbie Ray. That’s not happening. Sides very far apart @BNightengale called talk dead

Dbacks asked Yanks for Clarke Schmidt along with Frazier plus more in Ray talks

Ray, a 27-year-old strikeout machine who also walks too many hitters and gives up too many homers, was thought to be one of the few remaining quality starters remaining on the trade market before the 4 p.m. deadline. This season, he’s 9-7 with a 3.91 ERA in 23 starts. He’s struck out 173 batters while alking 58 and giving up 23 bombs.

Frazier hit very well in his time in the majors this year, though his defense has been considered suspect.

Schmidt is thought to have the upside of a back-end starting pitcher. The 23-year-old is 3-4 with a 3.38 ERA in 11 games and 10 starts with High-A Tampa.

Yankees bullpen coach Mike Harkey was Ray’s pitching coach with Arizona in 2015. He had huge praise for Ray.

“He had all the tools,” Harkey said recently. “He just had to refine his breaking ball, his changeup, his secondary pitches so that he can be the power pitcher with some secondary pitches that would keep him from having to throw 100 pitches every five innings. He gets swings and misses but guys foul balls off because you’re not really worried about the secondary pitches. But now the last three years he’s turned that into a big weapon for him.”

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Great weekend, Swept the Sox.

Encarnacion broke wrist.    Hicks, strained elbow, Torres another core issue.

I don't know who the Yanks trainer is, but he sucks.   How many core/abdominal injuries has this team had this year?

The injuries keep coming luckily we are 12 games up on the Sux and 9 on the Devil Rays

• Sympathy 1

On 8/5/2019 at 10:53 AM, chirorob said:

Great weekend, Swept the Sox.

Encarnacion broke wrist.    Hicks, strained elbow, Torres another core issue.

I don't know who the Yanks trainer is, but he sucks.   How many core/abdominal injuries has this team had this year?

Gene Monahan retired a long time ago. 

Some of these core issues are a relatively new thing.  There is a doctor in Philly that for the last decade or so has been doing sports "hernia" surgery on guys that another doctor might say had nothing really wrong.  That is what Voit has.  Don't ask me how I know.  <No surgery for me>  I think John Abraham had that surgery 4+ times.  Torres DH'ed yesterday, so I assume it wasn't much of an issue. 

Maybe this trainer pushes the core training a bit?  Sometimes that causes more strains and injuries.  My advice is don't pile up the weight for one legged leg presses!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Gene Monahan retired a long time ago. 

Some of these core issues are a relatively new thing.  There is a doctor in Philly that for the last decade or so has been doing sports "hernia" surgery on guys that another doctor might say had nothing really wrong.  That is what Voit has.  Don't ask me how I know.  <No surgery for me>  I think John Abraham had that surgery 4+ times.  Torres DH'ed yesterday, so I assume it wasn't much of an issue. 

Maybe this trainer pushes the core training a bit?  Sometimes that causes more strains and injuries.  My advice is don't pile up the weight for one legged leg presses!

That's what I was thinking, the trainer is pushing them to do things that is causing injuries.

Also, once you have that surgery, you will have scar tissue, which is not as flexible as normal muscle or connective tissue, which lends itself to re tearing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That's what I was thinking, the trainer is pushing them to do things that is causing injuries.

Also, once you have that surgery, you will have scar tissue, which is not as flexible as normal muscle or connective tissue, which lends itself to re tearing.

I SAID I DIDN'T HAVE THE SURGERY!!!!

Seriously, I didn't but I probably should have.  It sucks getting old, but I guess it beats the alternative.

Whatever this trainer is doing seems to be working for Tauchman, LeMahieu, Urshela, Romine, Maybin, etc, etc.  Bad news is that Gleyber got pulled after a couple of weak at bats yesterday.  Ugh. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I SAID I DIDN'T HAVE THE SURGERY!!!!

Seriously, I didn't but I probably should have.  It sucks getting old, but I guess it beats the alternative.

Whatever this trainer is doing seems to be working for Tauchman, LeMahieu, Urshela, Romine, Maybin, etc, etc.  Bad news is that Gleyber got pulled after a couple of weak at bats yesterday.  Ugh. 

OK, when I said "You" I meant any person.   As in John Abe.

I was about to reply about Gleyber getting pulled again.