Browns interested in interviewing Condoleeza Rice

BallinPB

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Smart.......check all the politically correct boxes before the end of the year. Actually, may be brilliant when all is said and done.

i don't know if it's smart if it's a transperant attempt to check rooney rule boxes but it may be smart from the thinking outside of the box aspect.  she will not get the job but she may be able to provide some good insight (or at least a different point of view) about the browns issues.

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i don't know if it's smart if it's a transperant attempt to check rooney rule boxes but it may be smart from the thinking outside of the box aspect.  she will not get the job but she may be able to provide some good insight (or at least a different point of view) about the browns issues.

Actually I mention this is another thread, I’m pretty sure when they hired Goodell they at least mentioned her name. 

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

She’s incredibly plugged in to football fwiw

She might make a very good club president/figurehead. Has been on the NCAA selection committee for a while, and is a serious  long term NFL fan.Probably would be  major improvement over Goodell as commissioner. 

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think it's ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Crazy. But awesome to see women move up the coaching ranks like this. 

I think it's ridiculous.  That said, she would make a great commissioner.  If the Browns feel she truly can coach, how do you start at the top as HC when you've never coached before? 

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Man the Browns have it all together they are such a better organization than the Jets

LOL

Seriously. If this were the Jets, everyone here would roll their eyes so hard they’d damn near pop out of their sockets.

But the Browns really have it together they tell me... 

28 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Crazy. But awesome to see women move up the coaching ranks like this. 

But how is she moving up the ranks? What is her prior experience? Seems like it would be more like starting at the top, not moving up the ranks.

Players won't respect a coach who clearly doesn't know what they're doing. She's probably not qualified to be a positional coach let alone head coach. That has nothing to do with what's between her legs. 

This is a joke.

Browns want to interview Condoleezza Rice for head-coaching job

Browns general manager John Dorsey said last week that he was open to hiring a woman as Cleveland's next head coach, and there is one prominent name on the team's wish list to interview.

The Browns would like to interview former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for their head-coaching job, a league source tells ESPN.

If the Browns follow through on it, Rice would become the first woman ever to interview for an NFL head-coaching job.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2014%2F1016%2Fncf_u_con Condoleezza Rice would become the first woman in NFL history to interview for a head coaching position if the Browns follow through with their plans. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

Cleveland's interest in interviewing Rice comes at a time when women recently have moved into decision-making roles in men's professional sports. The Spurs hired Becky Hammon as an assistant coach, the Buffalo Bills hired Kathryn Smith as a quality control assistant, the Raiders hired Kelsey Martinez to their strength staff, and the 49ers hired Katie Sowers as an offensive assistant.

A potential interview hardly means the Browns will hire Rice, but they are interested in talking to her about the job and seeing what she could bring to the position and the organization.

"She's an amazing person," one Browns source told ESPN.

The interview process could even lead to Rice becoming more involved in the organization in an official capacity or as a consultant.

As much as the Browns admire Rice -- she attends some of their games and was spotted on the field with owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam before Cleveland's game in Oakland on Sept. 30 -- she admires them.

Rice, 64, is a lifelong Browns fan, a love she got from watching Cleveland's games with her father at their home in Birmingham, Alabama. Rice has been featured in a Browns jersey in NFL ads, and there has been speculation that she even could become commissioner of the NFL.

Rice has become more involved in sports, specifically on the collegiate level, since serving as secretary of state under President George W. Bush from 2005 to 2009. She was one of the inaugural members of the College Football Playoff selection committee, where she worked from 2013 to 2016.

Rice also recently chaired a commission on college basketball that recommended major changes to the sport this year, including an end to the one-and-done rule.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Condi praise makes me sick. She was a member of W Bush’s cabinet when they lied the county into war yet now she’s everyone’s hero?   She’s a war criminal.

And your just some guy injecting politics into a light hearted thread that was posted by the OP to have a little fun with. Nice job!

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

But how is she moving up the ranks? What is her prior experience? Seems like it would be more like starting at the top, not moving up the ranks.

Players won't respect a coach who clearly doesn't know what they're doing. She's probably not qualified to be a positional coach let alone head coach. That has nothing to do with what's between her legs. 

This is a joke.

I meant women in general. 

Archived