Browns interested in interviewing Condoleeza Rice

BallinPB

We will see female coordinators etc at some point and there will be a pool of female coaches. The more qualified candidates the better. It’s just going to take some time and they need to have the experience to justify the positions. I don’t follow college ball so I’m not sure how much progress they’ve made on that front.

But Condoleeza Rice? Unless I’m missing something, this just seems bizarre. If she’s so smart and they want to utilize her strengths, why not make her part of the front office. Unless I am missing something, what the hell does she have to do with football? Serious question. 

We will see female coordinators etc at some point and there will be a pool of female coaches. The more qualified candidates the better. It’s just going to take some time and they need to have the experience to justify the positions. I don’t follow college ball so I’m not sure how much progress they’ve made on that front.
But Condoleeza Rice? Unless I’m missing something, this just seems bizarre. If she’s so smart and they want to utilize her strengths, why not make her part of the front office. Unless I am missing something, what the hell does she have to do with football? Serious question. 

I feel like the head coaching position is more about managing your staff and players than anything else. Managing how well they are utilizing their section of the roster. Managing how committed a player is. Managing how well the game plans are put together. I dont know if she has the ability to perform all of those tasks but I dont think you need to be a really good position coach to perform them. You just really need to be able to measure performance and make the appropriate judgements and decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This world has gone crazy. A person with absolutely no coaching background is being considered for an NFL HEAD COACH, not only that there are people thinking it’s a good idea. 

Except for th guy that just wants the optics of her on the sideline how can anyone think this is a good idea?  Has to be a P.C. thing that people are afraid to condem this crazy thought for obvious reasons

7 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I feel like the head coaching position is more about managing your staff and players than anything else. Managing how well they are utilizing their section of the roster. Managing how committed a player is. Managing how well the game plans are put together. I dont know if she has the ability to perform all of those tasks but I dont think you need to be a really good position coach to perform them. You just really need to be able to measure performance and make the appropriate judgements and decisions.

That’s not the type of head coach that I would want at all. That type of person belongs in the front office. If you don’t know the X’s and O’s which takes years to understand, you don’t have any business being a head coach.

However, after witnessing what Todd Bowles has done, I would take anyone over him so I guess why not. I just wouldn’t do it. 

Reporter: Can you explain your plans for the offense?

Rice: There are plenty of weapons there.

Reporter: Are you sure? Because it doesn’t appear as though there’s enough talent to...

Rice: They’re there. You just can’t see them.

Reporter: Well, ok, uh

Rice: Here is a grainy photo of what appears to be a receiver.

That’s not the type of head coach that I would want at all. That type of person belongs in the front office. If you don’t know the X’s and O’s which takes years to understand, you don’t have any business being a head coach.

However, after witnessing what Todd Bowles has done, I would take anyone over him so I guess why not. I just wouldn’t do it. 

Years? McVay is 30 years old. Lol

LOL

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Trump has no clue what hes doing and the economy is great.  It just may work.

Don’t make this thread more political and forcing me to lock it please. Tired of rehashing same old topics. Fire Bowles! Fire Macc! Sam sucks! 

If you can’t, please feel free to not post in this one. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Condi praise makes me sick. She was a member of W Bush’s cabinet when they lied the county into war yet now she’s everyone’s hero?   She’s a war criminal.

You being unable to not turn threads more political makes me sick. You do it every time no matter him many times you are asked not to . You need a break. 

21 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

One of you has no clue and it ain't him..:roll:

Ok, maybe this came out wrong.  He didnt have the textbook qualifications to be the president of the US.  But the economy is doing well.

Just like rice doesnt have the football background.  But maybe the browns would prosper under her.

Archived