Sources: Jags likely to consider Ramsey trade - DO IT!

Gas2No99

Jaguars likely to consider trading Jalen Ramsey in offseason

Adam Schefter

ESPN Senior Writer

Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey is likely to be one of the many players whose names will unexpectedly emerge in trade talks this offseason.

Ramsey is slowly but surely forcing the Jaguars into considering a blockbuster trade this offseason, league sources told ESPN.

One league source said he "absolutely" believes the Jaguars will entertain the idea of trading Ramsey, while an NFL general manager said he would not be surprised if that's the route the Jaguars decide to pursue.

Much of this has been brought on by Ramsey, who tweeted last week: "When I'm gone from here, y'all gone miss me."

Ramsey addressed the tweet on Thursday, saying it was meant for "fake fans" who haven't stuck with the Jaguars, who have been among the biggest disappointments in the NFL this season. The Jaguars went 10-6, won the AFC South and reached the conference championship game last season.

But despite starting 3-1 this season, Jacksonville (3-6) is last in the AFC South thanks to a five-game losing streak.

Ramsey emphasized Thursday that he wants "to play for one team my whole career," but his behavior has caught the attention of his team, according to sources. The outspoken cornerback has made headlines multiple times in recent years because of his brash opinions -- both about himself and opposing players.

As unthinkable as trading away a player of Ramsey's caliber would be, bear in mind that the Giants considered trading Odell Beckham Jr. last offseason before deciding to sign the star receiver to a long-term contract.

Ramsey has next season and a fifth-year option remaining on his contract with the Jaguars, who will either have to make him the highest-paid cornerback in the game or make the decision to move on from him.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jamsey is an overatted loudmouth.  We have one overpaid underperforming corner and now we should trade picks for another.

The football knowledge of this fanbase is so low its mindboggling.

Amen! Ramsey is the last thing this team needs. If our GM can't draft, no amount of trades or cap space will turn this franchise around.

16 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

If we keep Mac (who can’t draft) I am all for trading picks. He’s not going to draft offense and even if he did, I have ZERO faith in him (to Draft well). What am I saying, nothing will matter if we keep him so whatever....

+1 and my edit in parenthesis. 

sadly, this is the logical conclusion I've reached at this point in regards to our incumbent Jets GM. 

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1 and my edit in parenthesis. 

sadly, this is the logical conclusion I've reached at this point in regards to our incumbent Jets GM. 

Yes it’s called settling and hopeless moves. Trading for Ramsey isn’t a good move but for how this team will be run, why not? We don’t do anything right so sure.

Do whatever you want Mac. Sign me up. I will have no choices and be “signed up” for more Mac anyways so what’s it matter? 

Best way to fix the Jets? You guessed it, folk’s, spend all our money and draft picks bringing in every malcontent in the league
So long as they play defense.

Can't risk spending any resources on the offense, who knows what might happen.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, RSJ said:

He will most likely be traded for more than the Jets could afford to give up at this point. Plus the off field stuff seems like a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Seems similar to the Marcus Peters situation for a 4th round pick. I want to keep picks unless Mac is back. Then trade for any good young player. I don’t care anymore because there is no plan. Just horde talent and pray that Darnold can grow and carry the team despite a terrible GM. 

Here’s a little song I wrote

you might want to sing it note for note

Don’t worry,

Don’t invest resources into players that smarter organizations are looking to dump.

In every life, we have some trouble

But when you worry, you make it double.

Don’t worry,

Don’t invest resources into players that smarter organizations are looking to dump.

41 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

You mean the guy who quit on the team-wait, I’m not even getting into this again

What's your definition of quitting? Getting traded by your first love because you had a major injury or coming back to your first love to end your career even though you're beat up and past your prime?

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Our offense is total horsesh*t and we’re about a stones throw away from screwing up Darnold...yet people still want us to trade high picks and dish out big money for defensive players...

Why?

Because signing a top corner has absolutely nothing to do with screwing up a QB?

In fact a solid case can be made for a top defense helps a offense and therefore a QB. 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because signing a top corner has absolutely nothing to do with screwing up a QB?

In fact a solid case can be made for a top defense helps a offense and therefore a QB. 

You aren’t just signing him. You’re giving up a top draft pick for him and we’re already without a 2nd rounder.

All for a diva of a CB.

F*ck that noise

I’ve been saying this for months now. Use FA to bring in a playmaking back like Bell, a pair of edgerushers (which this FA market will have), re-sign Enunwa and then attack OL and WR early in the draft.

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You aren’t just signing him. You’re giving up a top draft pick for him and we’re already without a 2nd rounder.

All for a diva of a CB.

F*ck that noise

I’ve been saying this for months now. Use FA to bring in a playmaking back like Bell, a pair of edgerushers (which this FA market will have), re-sign Enunwa and then attack OL and WR early in the draft.

I dont really care.  Hes a top defender who makes the team better.  You dont want him because you think you know what it would take to get him and dont want to pay.  OK, call me crazy but until the price comes out, I'm listening and then I'll make up my mind whether I want to get into the mix. 

Archived