******THE OFFICIAL SUNDAY NON-NY JETS FOOTBALL GAMES THREAD******

joewilly12

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s what? Week 11? 

Three straight years of 4K yards and great seasons never showed you anything? I’d kill to get QB play that competent. 

They paid him to be better than Case Keenum. They were obviously as a team going to regress from 13-3 based on schedule strength, etc. Let’s see how the whole season plays out before we judge how the deal is working for them. 

I agreed to take your word for it, but we're not talking about Dan Marino here, so chill out. Let's be real here, saying "they paid him to be better then Case Keenum" is ridiculous. For 60 million you're expecting a lot more then that.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Amazing what some pass rushers can do for you as opposed to run stuffers, set the edgers

Yup.  A ton of people here said that Mack wasn't worth it.  I don't think they're still singing the same tune.

***As I'm typing this, Bears pick 6.  This defense is FILTHY.***

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup.  A ton of people here said that Mack wasn't worth it.  I don't think they're still singing the same tune.

***As I'm typing this, Bears pick 6.  This defense is FILTHY.***

Regardless of what Mack does I'm fine for not trading for him. We need to pour every single resource into helping Darnold out.....that is all that matters as of now.

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This Vikings O-Line might be worse than ours.  

Pat Elflein and the LT are being abused.

Elflein has been garbage since he was drafted, yea I'd prefer him over Stewart since he's no longer with us but some people would try to make you think we missed out on the second coming of Mangold.

Just now, RobR said:

Regardless of what Mack does I'm fine for not trading for him. We need to pour every single resource into helping Darnold out.....that is all that matters as of now.

As long as the price was a single 1st round pick, I was more than ok with it.  There were some here that said that even a single 1st would be too steep.  While I agree with building around Sam, Mack is the type of player you select 10 times out of 10 unless there is a Blue Chip QB and you desperately need one.  Edge Rusher is that valuable.  If we pick in the top 3, can't trade down, and Bosa is sitting there, I can't imagine that he's not the pick. He has Mack potential all over him.  

However, this could all change if we get someone like Jadaveon Clowney or DeMarcus Lawrence in FA.  If that's the case, gimme Jonah Williams or the top WR.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

As long as the price was a single 1st round pick, I was more than ok with it.  There were some here that said that even a single 1st would be too steep.  While I agree with building around Sam, Mack is the type of player you select 10 times out of 10 unless there is a Blue Chip QB and you desperately need one.  Edge Rusher is that valuable.  If we pick in the top 3, can't trade down, and Bosa is sitting there, I can't imagine that he's not the pick. He has Mack potential all over him.  

However, this could all change if we get someone like Jadaveon Clowney or DeMarcus Lawrence in FA.  If that's the case, gimme Jonah Williams or the top WR.

It's looking more and more like we will have a Top 5 pick and should be able to draft a LT for the future. I'd take a big time LT for our future than even more resources dumped into this dumpster fire of a defense. We're not getting Clowney or Lawrence in free agency, so I'd dismiss that thought.

Until this regime starts putting all of it's assets into turning this offense around we're going to be stuck in mediocrity....which is painful as a fan.

For once I honestly feel we have the right kid behind Center and our GM and Coaches have failed him miserably. The new whatever coaches we unveil next season has too make their first and foremost priority Sam Darnold. I could give a **** about adding resources to our defensive unit.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

It's looking more and more like we will have a Top 5 pick and should be able to draft a LT for the future. I'd take a big time LT for our future than even more resources dumped into this dumpster fire of a defense. We're not getting Clowney or Lawrence in free agency, so I'd dismiss that thought.

Until this regime starts putting all of it's assets into turning this offense around we're going to be stuck in mediocrity....which is painful as a fan.

For once I honestly feel we have the right kid behind Center and our GM and Coaches have failed him miserably. The new whatever coaches we unveil next season has too make their first and foremost priority Sam Darnold. I could give a **** about adding resources to our defensive unit.

Hard to argue getting a big time LT. I'm no expert on evaluating college linemen. Who's the guy you have in mind? 

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Hard to argue getting a big time LT. I'm no expert on evaluating college linemen. Who's the guy you have in mind? 

We have a draft forum and I've done some early observations on the top two guys. It's amazing how different I feel about both players. 

If you’re keeping score at home, Mike Maccagnan tried to give Kirk Cousins $124 million in cash and Eddie Jackson, safety, was drafted in the fourth round in the same draft that Big Maccagnan burned the sixth and 39th pick on safeties. Jackson has more  INTs that Adams and Maye combined, and has scored three fewer career TDs (4) than every offensive player drafted by Mike Maccagnan combined (7).

Archived