Bell’s expecting price revealed

Patriot Killa

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

For those who can’t watch the video it’s 45+ guaranteed.

It’s all about the guaranteed money with him. That’s why everything that’s happened has happened. Basically it’ll be a 3 year guaranteed contract with fluff on he back end which will lead to cutting because he is older at that point or a restructure if he is still good which is possible at 30 playing the way that he does. I think he gets $50mil guaranteed for 5years/$85mil with the last 2 years being cuttable.

I hope that the Steelers put the transition tag on him, and he sits out for another year. I'm tired of these overgrown children pretending that they can't feed their kids on a paltry 14.5 million. You don't have to give the money back when you suck, which almost always happens when an aging RB gets a big second contract. 

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I hope that the Steelers put the transition tag on him, and he sits out for another year. I'm tired of these overgrown children pretending that they can't feed their kids on a paltry 14.5 million. You don't have to give the money back when you suck, which almost always happens when an aging RB gets a big second contract. 

It’s not about being able to feed your kids with these large contracts. It’s the never ending battle of players VS owners. There is no loyalty anymore. It’s literally a pissing match between both and it’s expected and commended now when players hold out etc. It has become all part of the process anymore.

Even over the last 10 years it has changed a ton. Every contract negotiation seems to end in hold outs and other nonsense. It’s the #1 tool of the player. 

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s not about being able to feed your kids with these large contracts. It’s the never ending battle of players VS owners. There is no loyalty anymore. It’s literally a pissing match between both and it’s expected and commended now when players hold out etc. It has become all part of the process anymore.

Even over the last 10 years it has changed a ton. Every contract negotiation seems to end in hold outs and other nonsense. It’s the #1 tool of the player. 

I don't blame Le'Veon Bell at all for sitting out this year.  The Steelers, thinking they wouldn't re-sign him, could've easily given him 350 carries and burned him out (costing him a lot of $$ on his next contract).  He did the right thing.  This is going to be his big payday.  He needs to maximize it.  

As for him already having a ton of money, the idea is to live off your interest.  If you can get a 5% return on $10M that's $500K per year.  If you can get 5% on $50M, that's $2.5M per year.  That's a nice number for not working.

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Transition tag doesn’t force Bell to sit, or hold out.  Under the transition tag Bell is allowed to negotiate with any team who wants to sign him, and if he does sign a contract with another team the Steelers have the right to match, and keep him either way Bell is happy with the contract, and will have to report to every mandatory meeting, practice, workouts.

The Steelers can still Franchise him again though, and be real ***** should they choose, but that might start WWIII between the PA, and NFL the nuke launch codes will be entered, and buttons would be pressed to deploy if they do.

Well if he’s looking at the Jets, he’s shopping at the right place. The Jets have an inherent history of grossly overpaying for underperforming vets. He may have been great but wait til he gets his BIG contract. I’d give a list but I really don’t feel like it. If you been around long enough, you get the point. 

Just now, MaxAF said:

Well if he’s looking at the Jets, he’s shopping at the right place. The Jets have an inherent history of grossly overpaying for underperforming vets. He may have been great but wait til he gets his BIG contract. I’d give a list but I really don’t feel like it. If you been around long enough, you get the point. 

I seem to remember some vets who played an integral part in us appearing in back to back AFC Championship games. 

is there anything in an NFL player contract that says the player has to go in the game when the coach says so?

If I were bell I would have said, "I aint touching the ball more than 15 times a game". once he reaches 15 carries, then he goes and sits on the bench for the rest of the game. then he could have gotten paid this year. "now if you pay me 15 mil, then ill touch the ball however many times you want."

if so, then Bell is pretty dumb to have given up 12 mil.

33 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Most FAs are overpaid.  Teams starting bidding, price goes up.  How it works.  Jet fans think theyre th only team that pays. 

11 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

is there anything in an NFL player contract that says the player has to go in the game when the coach says so?

If I were bell I would have said, "I aint touching the ball more than 15 times a game". once he reaches 15 carries, then he goes and sits on the bench for the rest of the game. then he could have gotten paid this year. "now if you pay me 15 mil, then ill touch the ball however many times you want."

if so, then Bell is pretty dumb to have given up 12 mil.

He's going to get $45M for sitting out the year, it was absolutely worth it. Why on Earth would you roll the dice on that? I don't think it's fair to say "well he could have had this year's salary plus the $45" without acknowledging that if he gets hurt he only gets this year's salary. If it was going to be a smaller contract then I completely agree but you had to know without lifting a finger he was worth a hefty sum.

53 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

You completely went off the reservation here. First, despite whatever you think about the Jets past history of over paying, Bell is definitely not an UNDER PERFORMING vet. He is a superstar, whether you see it or not. That's a fact. To your second point about how he'll play once he gets a big contract? No, I don't get your point. If we follow your logic here, no player should ever be signed to a second contract.

56 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Just thinking of Revis, Mo and Johnson off the top of my head.

You've really got to get off this. We drafted a guy in the 3rd round this year who is 24. Bell is 26 years old! He is as good a receiver as he is a RB. If we sign him, Bell will instantly become the BEST offensive weapon the Jets have ever had in their history. I think that's a shot worth taking.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Watch the sap blow out a knee (of the career ending variety) over the winter playing beach volleyball.  

Sadly that's about par for the course with us. WAY back in the day (AFL) we drafted (1st round) a LB Carl McAdams I think, out of Oklahoma.  He shattered his ankle walking off a curb seconds after he signed with the Jets. Never was the same and he faded fairly quickly after 2 years.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You've really got to get off this. We drafted a guy in the 3rd round this year who is 24. Bell is 26 years old! He is as good a receiver as he is a RB. If we sign him, Bell will instantly become the BEST offensive weapon the Jets have ever had in their history. I think that's a shot worth taking.

He’ll be 27 next year and want a 5 year contract. He’s obviously in it for himself by sitting out a whole year. Could have played this year for 14.5 million, but it wasn’t enough for him. He didn’t give a rats ass about his team and lucky for the Steelers Connors has worked out for them. He’s gonna want 17 million for starters plus. When he gets his money will he pull a Revis or a Mo move? His money will be guaranteed. This concerns me considering he left his team and teammates high and dry.

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Yeah, this makes sense. Let the best offensive weapon, who's 26 years old, go somewhere else. because we're so loaded on offense what would we need him for? More touches for Trent Cannon right? Just don't post next year complaining The Jets are ruining Sam, he doesn't have any weapons, and that's why he's not progressing.

Well we just paid Trumaine Johnson 45 million gaurenteed last year.  Let that sink in for a second.  Is leveon bells asking price that ridiculous? 

I don't think so. He would be worth every penny IMO. Bell is a game-changer and would go a long way in Darnolds development.

And for those who say you can just draft a RB in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round. I get it, your right. But do you really trust Maccagnan to make that pick? Even if he takes a RB it will probably be the wrong one. He would be another Mccagnan bust who is no longer in the league.  ( Devin Smith, hackenburg, Stewart, Henson, Burris, mauldin, Donahue, etc.)  I don't trust Maccagnan to make that pick. I'd rather just sign Bell.

1 minute ago, MaxAF said:

He’ll be 27 next year and want a 5 year contract. He’s obviously in it for himself by sitting out a whole year. Could have played this year for 14.5 million, but it wasn’t enough for him. He didn’t give a rats ass about his team and lucky for the Steelers Connors has worked out for them. He’s gonna want 17 million for starters plus. When he gets his money will he pull a Revis or a Mo move? His money will be guaranteed. This concerns me considering he left his team and teammates high and dry.

You certainly have bought into the company line there. It sounds like you really don't understand what went down in Pittsburgh with Bell, or just don't want to. The reason being you're convinced no free agent is worth signing, because you feel once they get paid, no athlete is going to play hard ever again. 

Just now, 14 in Green said:

You certainly have bought into the company line there. It sounds like you really don't understand what went down in Pittsburgh with Bell, or just don't want to. The reason being you're convinced no free agent is worth signing, because you feel once they get paid, no athlete is going to play hard ever again. 

I’m not really saying that. The Jets recently have been burned pretty bad in recent years. Who would have thought that Mo would pack it in once he got his big contract. I was all in on his signing because based on his pre-contract performance he looked worth it. Trumaine has not lived up to the money the Jets paid him so far. Hey if they sign him I hope for all our sakes he tears it up but just buyer beware. 

Archived