Bell’s expecting price revealed

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah but I already made the Check out for 60.                      -Macc

I hope that the Steelers put the transition tag on him, and he sits out for another year. I'm tired of these overgrown children pretending that they can't feed their kids on a paltry 14.5 million. You

I don't blame Le'Veon Bell at all for sitting out this year.  The Steelers, thinking they wouldn't re-sign him, could've easily given him 350 carries and burned him out (costing him a lot of $$ on his

is there anything in an NFL player contract that says the player has to go in the game when the coach says so?
If I were bell I would have said, "I aint touching the ball more than 15 times a game". once he reaches 15 carries, then he goes and sits on the bench for the rest of the game. then he could have gotten paid this year. "now if you pay me 15 mil, then ill touch the ball however many times you want."

if so, then Bell is pretty dumb to have given up 12 mil.

Then he would actually have to look in the eyes of his teammates. That just won’t do. The way he did it is much more digestible. Cowardice can be very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Then he would actually have to look in the eyes of his teammates. That just won’t do. The way he did it is much more digestible. Cowardice can be very comfortable.

for 12 mil I could careless about what my soon to be former teammates think of me

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Thanks and no surprise, Gurley got  $45m guaranteed and confirms the reason Bell did not sign the Steelers deal since it had much less guaranteed money

Cousins set the bar 

Yup. Bell made the right decision. The Steelers were low balling him. I don't think he will get the $17 mil per on a total basis (likely closer to the $15 mil per Gurley got). But $45-$50 million guaranteed is more than likely.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Larz said:

From Ben, brown, decastro and pouncy

To the Jets

on a huge guaranteed deal

Seems to make more sense to get a brown and a pouncy to me

But a Brown or Pouncey is not available. We can potentially get a number 1 WR in the first round (maybe). There isn't a top rated C in the draft. And there definitely isn't a Brown or Pouncey available in free agency. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

The guy reeks of "not interested in football" and will disappear when things are difficult without a HOF QB, a possible HOF WR and a great offensive line with a lot of guaranteed money.

That's definitely a risk. He apparently wants to start a music career.

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

So the premise of the pro sign bell argument is that...

The steelers are making a huge mistake

and

the Jets are making a great move

seems legit

Funny.   But let's tweak this narrative,  shall we?

The "mistake" :   The Steelers tried to resign Bell, for quarters on the dollar... When he said no, they slapped him with an unfair rule called the franchise tag... for a 2nd time.

The "great move" :   The Steelers can get away with letting Bell walk, they already have a Hall of Fame QB.  The Jets have a kid entering his 2nd season who needs all the help he can get, which a dual-threat all-pro running back provides.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Funny.   But let's tweak this narrative,  shall we?

The "mistake" :   The Steelers tried to resign Bell, for quarters on the dollar... When he said no, they slapped him with an unfair rule called the franchise tag... for a 2nd time.

The "great move" :   The Steelers can get away with letting Bell walk, they already have a Hall of Fame QB.  The Jets have a kid entering his 2nd season who needs all the help he can get, which a dual-threat all-pro running back provides.

Don't fall in love with bell yet 

Steelers control his destiny and the colts will have $24 million more in cap room to sign bell 

What did bell say about signing with the Jets last year? 

"I can't wait to work my butt off and win a championship for Jets fans" 

Something like that? 

for 12 mil I could careless about what my soon to be former teammates think of me

He wouldn’t show up for 14.5 mil. While I share your feelings, (being less than a multi millionaire as I am) I doubt bell would hang out and pull this crap on the sideline.
Much easier to hide at home.

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

Steelers control his destiny and the colts will have $24 million more in cap room to sign bell 

Something like that? 

I know he may go elsewhere.  Anybody would.  The Jets suck. 

But they have to make him an offer he can't refuse.... or at least very difficult to refuse...  They have to offer him more money than any other team.   Otherwise it will be Trumaine Johnson part two at some other position that doesn't help Sam Darnold.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I know he may go elsewhere.  Anybody would.  The Jets suck. 

But they have to make him an offer he can't refuse.... or at least very difficult to refuse...  They have to offer him more money than any other team.   Otherwise it will be Trumaine Johnson part two at some other position that doesn't help Sam Darnold.

When you have to beat someone over the head with bags of money to bring them into your organization it never works out

Beating the best offer by a little is fine and routine

The bell situation is a giant red flag on a neon red billboard

• Upvote 2
Just now, Larz said:

When you have to beat someone over the head with bags of money to bring them into your organization it never works out

Beating the best offer by a little is fine and routine

The bell situation is a giant red flag on a neon red billboard

Fraud agency as a whole is a giant red flag on a neon red billboard.   I am only advocating for the player that I believe will help the kid.

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I hope that the Steelers put the transition tag on him, and he sits out for another year. I'm tired of these overgrown children pretending that they can't feed their kids on a paltry 14.5 million. You don't have to give the money back when you suck, which almost always happens when an aging RB gets a big second contract. 

The owners also don't give the money back to fans when the team sucks.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He won’t get what he wants after sitting out..Owners are tired of the holdout guys, and/or guys who threaten to, and then once they get the payday show zero hustle. We have had a couple of those guys the past few years. Owners take notice..

Smells like collusion to me.

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Fraud agency as a whole is a giant red flag on a neon red billboard.   I am only advocating for the player that I believe will help the kid.

The hungry kid playing for 45 million guaranteed or the kid playing after he gets it?

The kid playing behind decastro and pouncy or the kid playing behind whatever the Jets throw out there?

There is zero chance he brings that production with him

In a hard cap sport you can't miss by 50 % on the value of your more expensive deal

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, this makes sense. Let the best offensive weapon, who's 26 years old, go somewhere else. because we're so loaded on offense what would we need him for? More touches for Trent Cannon right? Just don't post next year complaining The Jets are ruining Sam, he doesn't have any weapons, and that's why he's not progressing.

Are you responding to someone else? This has nothing to do with what I said.

7 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I hope that the Steelers put the transition tag on him, and he sits out for another year. I'm tired of these overgrown children pretending that they can't feed their kids on a paltry 14.5 million. You don't have to give the money back when you suck, which almost always happens when an aging RB gets a big second contract. 

playing devils advocate... what's your mental or physical health worth to you?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Larz said:

The hungry kid playing for 45 million guaranteed or the kid playing after he gets it?

The kid playing behind decastro and pouncy or the kid playing behind whatever the Jets throw out there?

There is zero chance he brings that production with him

In a hard cap sport you can't miss by 50 % on the value of your more expensive deal

Yeah, you're right. Lets just stay with Cannon. No need to try to upgrade with the guy who would be the best offensive weapon in the teams history. Sam doesn't need any playmakers, and like you said there's zero chance he'll play well.

8 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

As far as I know this is going to be his only big contract. Correct me if I’m wrong but he’s been franchised 2 times off his rookie contract.  Plus he’s only 26, not very old.

• Like 1
This really isn’t that hard, people. You have money for the best FA available, you sign best FA available. Not only is he the best FA but he’s also the best running back in the league and fits a need — offensive playmaker. 
A whole lot of what ifs have to go into signing a player who hasn't taken a snap in over a year to the largest free agent contract at that position ever.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You've really got to get off this. We drafted a guy in the 3rd round this year who is 24. Bell is 26 years old! He is as good a receiver as he is a RB. If we sign him, Bell will instantly become the BEST offensive weapon the Jets have ever had in their history. I think that's a shot worth taking.

If he has the character and pride of a Curtis Martin, or Ladainian Tomlinson, count me in.

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Something like that? 

He said he wouldn’t sign with the Jets for $60 million guaranteed.

19 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s all about the guaranteed money with him. That’s why everything that’s happened has happened. Basically it’ll be a 3 year guaranteed contract with fluff on he back end which will lead to cutting because he is older at that point or a restructure if he is still good which is possible at 30 playing the way that he does. I think he gets $50mil guaranteed for 5years/$85mil with the last 2 years being cuttable.

Yep. Even better would be to give him a six-year deal, considering he really wants that 17 million per year average for face saving reasons. If you can get him for 15 million / over the first three years, then give him 20 million / over the last 3 years, 6 for 105 with 50 guaranteed is a palatable deal for for Bell (from a team standpoint).  It's basically 3/45 and a 5m dead cap buyout year 4.

Bell gets to say he got the biggest ever RB contract including the highest guarantee.