JN Film Room: Greg Little

maury77

8 hours ago, maury77 said:

Are there 2 tackles worthy of going in the top 10 of the draft? Let's find out!

I just made it 5 minutes into that video and he looks like hot garbage. I'll watch the rest and post back.

After watching the first vid I hate this prospect. He reminds me of a slightly better version of Orlando Brown.

Positives: He is huge and will measure great with a giant wingspan. His passpro base is large only because of his frame.

Negatives: He has no feet and will never be a LT in the league.

Lazy, lethargic player....possibly because of his lack of athleticism. 

Horrible against edge rushers.....because of his feet.

Lacks strength for someone that big.

Poor blocker at the second level.

Plays soft.....and I'll stop there.

He is easily on my players I do not want too draft next year in the first round....but we know how that has turned out.?

I would put a 3rd round grade on him based solely on his size and wingspan. He reminds a bit of LaRaven Clark coming out, although I thought Clark was a better athlete. He is not a first round Tackle....Williams is 100x better. 

Physically, he looks the part. Big frame and long arms. 

His feet have a tendency to go dead

Based on the Bama tape, his feet looked ok to me for a guy his size

He is often inaccurate with his hand strikes

He is athletic in getting to the second level, but he whiffs a lot when he gets there. 

Is a bit soft and lacks a mean streak to his game

Will reach at times

Due to his height, he will sometimes lose the leverage battle

I understand why some people like him a lot. Physically he has good tools, but he has some technical issues (which are fixable) and he looks a little soft (which may not be fixable).

I'd take him as early as late round 1, but I'm not taking him in the top 10. 

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Physically, he looks the part. Big frame and long arms. 

His feet have a tendency to go dead

Based on the Bama tape, his feet looked ok to me for a guy his size

He is often inaccurate with his hand strikes

He is athletic in getting to the second level, but he whiffs a lot when he gets there. 

Is a bit soft and lacks a mean streak to his game

Will reach at times

Due to his height, he will sometimes lose the leverage battle

I understand why some people like him a lot. Physically he has good tools, but he has some technical issues (which are fixable) and he looks a little soft (which may not be fixable).

I'd take him as early as late round 1, but I'm not taking him in the top 10. 

He's about the same player we each watched in those tapes. He was definitely better in the Bama tape but it still showcased his shortcomings.

I wouldn't touch him in the first or early second round.

12 hours ago, RobR said:

He's about the same player we each watched in those tapes. He was definitely better in the Bama tape but it still showcased his shortcomings.

I wouldn't touch him in the first or early second round.

I tend to agree with you after watching that.  The mantra will start to change on him from potential franchise LT to More of a RT and then Mayock will throw out his “kick him inside” to guard mantra.  

On 11/18/2018 at 8:49 PM, RobR said:

After watching the first vid I hate this prospect. He reminds me of a slightly better version of Orlando Brown.

Positives: He is huge and will measure great with a giant wingspan. His passpro base is large only because of his frame.

He is easily on my players I do not want too draft next year in the first round....but we know how that has turned out.?

I would put a 3rd round grade on him based solely on his size and wingspan. He reminds a bit of LaRaven Clark coming out, although I thought Clark was a better athlete. He is not a first round Tackle....Williams is 100x better. 

What do you think about Trey Adams and Jonah Williams?

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

What do you think about Trey Adams and Jonah Williams?

I did a couple of ore breakdowns in the "mock offseason" thread including one on Willliams. As of now I have no opinion on Adams...at least yet.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:49 PM, RobR said:

Did you know, Orlando Brown has played in every game for the Ravens this season and he has started and played every single offensive snap at RT for the last 4 games and that he is grading out very high? 

Per @PFF, Ravens RT Orlando Brown Jr. graded as the best offensive lineman on Sunday (70.1), giving up zero pressures. He has allowed no sacks or hits so far this season.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did you know, Orlando Brown has played in every game for the Ravens this season and he has started and played every single offensive snap at RT for the last 4 games and that he is grading out very high? 

Per @PFF, Ravens RT Orlando Brown Jr. graded as the best offensive lineman on Sunday (70.1), giving up zero pressures. He has allowed no sacks or hits so far this season.

I do know that he fell to the third round unlike where many of the so called experts had him going. 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You liked him.  I didn't.  PFF has a sort of high middling grade on him. Seemed a bit too Zach Banner for me. 

I did like him, a lot.  I lost a bet to Rob about it, which is why I brought that up.  haha 

I had him 1st round and mocked him to the Jags. 

see above:  he hasnt let up a sack or pressure yet this season and the Ravens just ran the ball for 300 yards last week

Just now, RobR said:

I do know that he fell to the third round unlike where many of the so called experts had him going. 

From what I hear, it sounds like he was pretty embarrassed by the combine and started to work to change his body, etc.  Kid is a wall in pass protection.  Has been since college.  Still is. 

I brought it up because I'm a sore loser and wanted to feel better about losing the bet. lol

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Also what do you think of Little after watching those tapes? I only used Orlando Brown as a comparison because they look like similar players to me.  

51 minutes ago, RobR said:

Also what do you think of Little after watching those tapes? I only used Orlando Brown as a comparison because they look like similar players to me.  

I think you're a tough critic!  haha

The most important thing that stands out at me when watching Little is there is nothing egregious on his tape.  He doesnt lose.  Which in my opinion, at the end of the day, is the #1 responsibility of an offensive lineman.  Especially when they have all plus premium traits.  You can find a place for guys like him in the NFL.  He may never be elite because this stuff is natural to the best guys in the business but he also does his job, on every play.  Nobody is dictating his assignments or getting him off his base.  Those are attractive traits for a guy who looks and moves like he does.  OL coaches see a moldable dude IMO.

That said, he's certainly not clean and he lacks consistency.  His hand game is all over the place.  Looks like he handles the bull rush with ease but I worry about him vs. the bendy fast twitch edge guys in the NFL because he doesnt look very flexible.  Cant imagine him playing LT in the NFL. I dont hate his footwork.  It's inconsistent but it looks like it's there for the most part.  You dont see it getting him into trouble, in some cases it makes up for the inconsistencies with his hands and the fact he's pretty upright.

Looks like an early 2nd round pick to me.

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

The most important thing that stands out at me when watching Little is there is nothing egregious on his tape.  He doesnt lose.  Which in my opinion, at the end of the day, is the #1 responsibility of an offensive lineman.  Especially when they have all plus premium traits.  You can find a place for guys like him in the NFL.  He may never be elite because this stuff is natural to the best guys in the business but he also does his job, on every play.  Nobody is dictating his assignments or getting him off his base.  Those are attractive traits for a guy who looks and moves like he does.  OL coaches see a moldable dude IMO.

That said, he's certainly not clean and he lacks consistency.  His hand game is all over the place.  Looks like he handles the bull rush with ease but I worry about him vs. the bendy fast twitch edge guys in the NFL because he doesnt look very flexible.  Cant imagine him playing LT in the NFL. I dont hate his footwork.  It's inconsistent but it looks like it's there for the most part.  You dont see it getting him into trouble, in some cases it makes up for the inconsistencies with his hands and the fact he's pretty upright.

The only tackle @robr ever liked is Tunsil. 

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thanks for the feedback. These breakdowns and analysis wouldn't be any fun if everyone agreed on every single prospect and every aspect of their respective games. 

We've already accomplished more on Little here than most of the worthless draft sites because they are just regurgitated garbage. So far everyone that's chimed in doesn't see a first round pick, yet many of these great draft sites that so many follow like gospel still label him as a top 10 pick. 

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The only tackle @robr ever liked is Tunsil. 

Huh? I've fell in love with numerous Tackle prospects over the years.....unfortunately we never draft them and look where we're at now. I'd like to think I have a pretty good track record over the years when it come to the Oline.  Just don't ask me what CB I like. ?

Archived