LAMAR JACKSON

14 in Green

I didn't get to see any of the Ravens game yesterday, but the kid had a pretty good stat line. He ran for over a 100, and the team won his first start. If anyone watched it, I'm curious what you thought. It would be interesting if yesterday signaled a changing of the guard in Baltimore with Flacco the odd man out. A lot of people here have thrown out Harbaugh's name as a HC/GM type here with the Jets, but if he's bought in on Jackson, why would he leave the Ravens for us?

27 carries (and only 19 throws) out of the QB is friggin insane, and unsustainable.  He's an exciting player and I think worth taking where the Ravens took him.  But they're going to have to figure out how to use him in a way that keeps him safe if he's the future at the position.

Definitely wayyyy better to have gotten Jackson in the late 1st over Josh Allen in the top 10. 

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I didn't get to see any of the Ravens game yesterday, but the kid had a pretty good stat line. He ran for over a 100, and the team won his first start. If anyone watched it, I'm curious what you thought. It would be interesting if yesterday signaled a changing of the guard in Baltimore with Flacco the odd man out. A lot of people here have thrown out Harbaugh's name as a HC/GM type here with the Jets, but if he's bought in on Jackson, why would he leave the Ravens for us?

Nobody leaving anything for us other than maybe prison.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

He ran 27 times and he looked good running, looked a good bit like rg3 to me maybe more raw. Coaching staff did a good job playing to his strengths to win the game.

They're risking his long-term health.  That's not a smart plan in order to win just one football game.  Unless of course they like throwing 1st round picks away. 

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Like a C+ version of Mike Vick 

Did you get to watch any of the game yesterday nico? It was his first start, and his stat line looked good. I'm not sure I'd want my QB rushing for 100+ every week, but if his college game can translate to the NFL, watch out.

I watched most of the game. He made a few nice throws on the run. Mostly playground plays with the passes. Spins, runs around hits a guy down the sideline, etc. Morningdouche was in all his wildcat glory. They did not throw a single pass on their first drive of the game, I think it was literally 12 or 14 straight run plays. His accuracy in the pocket was shaky. This is not a sustainable offense IMO, he will break in a few games if continues to be the starter. 

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Harbaugh is playing for his job probably and plans for a healthy flacco to be his starter?

Harbaugh doesn't need to make any panic decisions.  This is more of a mutual breakup, with Harbaugh being able to command where he goes next. 

No chance he has any vested interest in either Flacco or Jackson. 

Harbaugh doesn't need to make any panic decisions.  This is more of a mutual breakup, with Harbaugh being able to command where he goes next. 
No chance he has any vested interest in either Flacco or Jackson. 
No, but he probably would like his last season with the ravens to end successfully none the less.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Sure, but that puts Lamar Jackson at risk.  Harbaugh doesn't care much if he tears his ACL.  Not his QB next season, not his problem.
I would imagine his only care right now is the wins and losses will have on his next resume. Honestly I don't think harbaugh wanted Lamar Jackson in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I watched most of the game. He made a few nice throws on the run. Mostly playground plays with the passes. Spins, runs around hits a guy down the sideline, etc. Morningdouche was in all his wildcat glory. They did not throw a single pass on their first drive of the game, I think it was literally 12 or 14 straight run plays. His accuracy in the pocket was shaky. This is not a sustainable offense IMO, he will break in a few games if continues to be the starter. 

Yeah, I don't think any of us think it's smart having your QB run 20+ plays a game. But if you think about it, it's a intriguing situation there. Lets assume they're willing to revamp their offense to suit him better. Maybe they feel with all the new rules protecting the QB in the pocket, and the slide rule when they run, Lamar won't be taking the beating a Vick did 10-15 years ago. Put in lots of wide open college type stuff. Then they'd also have a damn good trade chip in Flacco, which could bring picks that fit the offense. Jackson is a low cost QB on a rookie contract, then you have RGIII to come in play a similar style when the kid gets the inevitable bumps and bruises.

They aren't treating him like a QB.  He's basically an RB who throws the ball occasionally.

He was looking at his first read and if it wasn't open he would run.  They aren't doing him

any favors because he's not developing

51 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Did you get to watch any of the game yesterday nico? It was his first start, and his stat line looked good. I'm not sure I'd want my QB rushing for 100+ every week, but if his college game can translate to the NFL, watch out.

Watched on redzone. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Wow, Rookie QB had a good game. He's definitely going into the hall of fame. I've never seen a rookie come in have a good game and then not do well afterwards.

WTF? Chill out man, its a quiet Monday, just discussing some football, which is kind of what we do here. You think you might be over reacting? What's with the smart ass attitude?

I watched the game. It was clear that Lamar being sick all week hampered game planing. They had to play it conservative, hence the butt load of carries. He was faster than most defenders/humans. Gonna be a nightmare defending him. Needs to learn to slide tho or he won’t last 2 years. Couple nice throws, couple that’ll make you grimace. Looked like a rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of his runs were to or along the sideline & he got what he could & ran out of bounds. He took off & slid whenever he was in the middle of the field. Throws better on the run (short passes), shaky in the pocket. 

The team overall is just well coached & prepared. Whatever it takes for the win.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

He ran 27 times and he looked good running, looked a good bit like rg3 to me maybe more raw. Coaching staff did a good job playing to his strengths to win the game.

Once other teams DC see the tape they'll scheme against that run like Beliprick did with Flutie.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Are you saying that the coaches schemed and called certain plays to get the most of their QB? 

I've been told, that's not possible. 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

They aren't treating him like a QB.  He's basically an RB who throws the ball occasionally.

He was looking at his first read and if it wasn't open he would run.  They aren't doing him

any favors because he's not developing

What is supposed to happen after the first read? You'll have to excuse me, I only watch the Jets.

Archived