Darnold is out of walking boot but didn’t practice today

Patriot Killa

15 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Just curious, where did you get this?  I know that he wasn’t that interested, and preferred playing sports on the beach.  He played baseball, basketball and football.  Being a good athlete requires balance.

This article.  The pictures of his room make him a bigger kook.  Surf gear all over, yet, he's a boogie boarder.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-sam-darnold-usc-20170728-htmlstory.html

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Bowles must have heard you started all those threads about him

Bowles deserves every thread & more. Can't beat a backup QB in almost 4 years of trying, his defense gives up 41 to the recently acquired Matt Barkley AT HOME to a team averaging 10 points a game! Disgusting, embarrassing, pathetic! 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

To be fair, all those stickers apply to body boarding as well.  Except the “All we do is surf” sticker. Lol.. 

They apply only from a like retail clothing perspective but real hardcore boogie boarders would have more logos that are boogie specific...morey, own the wave, lucky bums, turbo, etc.  totally lame names too. 

So he's a poser too.

lmfao

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

He must play. If Darnold is for real - he fights his way onto the field.

It is his job and his team. Sam needs to be the person to come in and steady the ship.

What you say would make sense if he was on most other teams.  With the Jets and their bottom of the league incompetency from Owner, “GM”, “HC”, “coaching” staff, and roster....it’s a suicide mission.

Watching Sam run for his life every time he drops back, after leaping or diving for a bad snap, Oline going “Olay”, with NO receivers getting any kind of separation...reminds me of Burt Reynolds in the Longest Yard when his team temporarily quit on him because they knew he was throwing the game (forced)....for all intents and purposes Darnold is practically ALL ALONE.  

There is really NOTHING he can learn at this point, the learning will start IF the miser Owner ALSO fires the guy masquerading as a GM and the Jets get some sort of NFL roster put together that at least can compete.

The beatdown you just saw a close to 20 year vet take at the hands of the Buffalo Bills is all the confirmation you need that a 21 year old has no chance with this, I don’t know Maccagnan would call them a “team” but he’s the only one, around him.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Open Season?  Beli isn’t blitzing Darnold unless Darnold proves he can beat them with 7 in coverage, Beli will play disguised coverages with max defenders dropping into coverage, IF Darnold starts to pick it apart that will change to man, bumb, and run coverage with extra rushers, Belicheck actually adjusts in game.

That's a myth. You can't make adjustments until you look at the film during the week. However long it takes to get the film back from Kodak. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

No wetsuit??   Strictly a summer surfer?  lol..

Are you kidding, only surfed tandem in the old days, there were always an abundance of guys shouting to us (ladies) on the beach asking if we wanted to ride with them on their long boards.  Those waves muffled my screams like a baby. ?

Rincon and Ventura County Line, of Beach Boys “Surfing USC” fame.  

Yes, summer only.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO I was thinking the same thing. He's Bunny Sloping, not surfing... Even the Boogie boarders are waiting onshore for the waves to come up.

Haha.  One of the most embarrassing moments in my entire life involved body surfing in Hawaii, on Sunset Beach.  Riding in was so fast, the bottom of my bikini was filled with sand, had to choose pulling up the front, or the back.  Pulled my suit up in front and left my butt exposed to the laughter of a group of natives surfing to the left of me.  Hooting and hollaring.  

I was mortified.  Never showed my face (and behind) on that beach again. 

Dumbass Haole.

I meant to post this comment before the Bills game. I found it pretty concerning that Darnold doesn't or can't say when it happened and seems very hesitant to say anything specific. Seems very odd. Then his comments today "he feels great, no pain"... then to the JETS media, Darnold is day to day/week to week.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/sam-darnold-just-deal-with-adversity-and-get-back-as-soon-as-possible

50 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Tom Brady can surf...yeah, sure.  Maybe Sam didn’t want to be ridiculed by Surfer Magazine, like Brady.  Sorry, no copy and paste, contains a naughty word.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.surfer.com/surfing-magazine-archive/surfing-news/tom-brady-is-awful-at-surfing/%3Famp

At least he stands up. 

ugh, you just made me defend my least favorite athlete of all time

Archived