Sanchez Signs with Skins

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yet he lead us to 2 AFC Championship games back in the day. Haven't sniffed that much success since.

I wish him well.

Not this sh** again.

He got carried to 2 AFC Title games back in the day, and is the biggest (maybe only) reason neither of those teams won a Super Bowl. 

I'm not a Mark fan and my happiest day as a Jets fan was the day he was released. But you have to give Mark credit for getting that job. He's been out of football for months because he was suspended for a violation of the drug policy and there was competition for that spot. He has a lot of starts and he played ok with the Eagles. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not this sh** again.

He got carried to 2 AFC Title games back in the day, and is the biggest (maybe only) reason neither of those teams won a Super Bowl. 

i feel like, that's not entirely accurate, and for a rookie QB at that. He was carried to the the playoffs but I feel like the defense cost us the steelers game(2010). and the defense let a lot of "big" plays happen against the colts (2009). I can't remember exactly but I thing we were winning the colts game by 10-14 points at half, and the steelers game they just ran the ball right through our Line for what seemed like an eternity. 

We like to insult coaches like Herm Edwards, Mangini and Rex.

Over the last 8 years we have not touched the success that those three guys had.  

We like to make fun of Sanchez.

Not any QB could have played that role to get the Jets to 2 AFCCG games.  We treat those games as if they are routine.  When was the last time we got back there, or even to the playoffs?   Look at the Jaguars this year.

Success requires all the pieces working together.  With Sanchez and other pieces, the Jets were successful.

Sanchez was cool under pressure and had a good combination of mobility and being able to throw on the run and deep.  

At least Rex and Tanny were able to take the pieces they had/could get and make them work together, at least for 2 years.  Problem is that Tanny overpromised and could not keep the players they needed.

What has Bowles and Mac been able to put together?

1 minute ago, Stark said:

i feel like, that's not entirely accurate, and for a rookie QB at that. He was carried to the the playoffs but I feel like the defense cost us the steelers game(2010). and the defense let a lot of "big" plays happen against the colts (2009). I can't remember exactly but I thing we were winning the colts game by 10-14 points at half, and the steelers game they just ran the ball right through our Line for what seemed like an eternity. 

@Bleedin Green I'm tagging you in here buddy. 

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Over the last 8 years we have not touched the success that those three guys had.  

Doesn't mean they're unworthy of criticism.  It just means the Jets went from bad to worse as an organization. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Bleedin Green I'm tagging you in here buddy. 

I mean, I admit I could be remembering the games wrong. But for some reason I don't feel like those losses were all Sanchez. Maybe I'm not remembering them correctly. but I remember being up against colts and the Manning working our secondary. second half of that game wasn't good for us. The steelers game, i think the D gave up like 500yds rushing to Mendenhall in the first half (running up the middle).

45 minutes ago, varjet said:

We like to make fun of Sanchez.

Not any QB could have played that role to get the Jets to 2 AFCCG games.  We treat those games as if they are routine.  When was the last time we got back there, or even to the playoffs?   Look at the Jaguars this year.

Success requires all the pieces working together.  With Sanchez and other pieces, the Jets were successful.

Sanchez was cool under pressure and had a good combination of mobility and being able to throw on the run and deep.  

At least Rex and Tanny were able to take the pieces they had/could get and make them work together, at least for 2 years.  Problem is that Tanny overpromised and could not keep the players they needed.

What has Bowles and Mac been able to put together?

As much as I despise them both, I can at least see your argument for Herm and Rex.  Mangini, on the other hand, had absolutely no success in his time here.  The sole highlight was one wild card appearance where the Jets got completely blown out.  Literally the only difference between Mangini's 2006 season and Bowles' 2015 was the luck of in which year 10 wins happened to be good enough for a wild card spot.

As far as Sanchez is concerned, I agree with the point that there was a much better job done of building the team around him, but Sanchez himself was the team's biggest weakness in those years.

Archived