Sanchez Signs with Skins

CrazyCarl40

7 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

So Sanchez beats out Kellen Clemens for the backup  to the backup spot in Washington.

By the way, Clemens lasted in the league for longer than Chad, the man he could never quite beat out for starter.

We seem to be able to draft QBs good enough to stick around the league forever, but not quite good enough to get us anywhere.

I remember Clemons pre draft. Jaworski called him the best QB in the that years draft class. Like a typical Jets fan it raised my hopes up only to be crushed along the sea side rocks.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The only season Mark sucked was 2012 when his main weapons were Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stephen Hill.

to clarify the Jets led 17-6 in Indy in the 2009 title game not 17-0, as soon as we scored to make it 17-6 the D allowed a quick, late score at the end of the 1st half to make it 17-13.  In Pitt the D allowed a 10 min or so drive to start the game that ended in a TD, they were run all over in the 1st half to get that bog deficit.  The we got it back to a 24-19 game w/ plenty of time left and the D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.  The D definitely lost us those 2 title games BUT as good as Mark was the D was the biggest reason we were in those games.

Right and Bill Belichick never accomplished anything without Brady - except for the entire creation of the Bill Parcells mystique.

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Right and Bill Belichick never accomplished anything without Brady - except for the entire creation of the Bill Parcells mystique.

Yeah he created the bill Parcells mystique.  Parcells was able to win with two non Hall of Famers and won his second super bowl when BBs D got torched by Buffalo.

BB built his reputation as a great DC thanks to LT, without him he's overseen mostly average defenses.  Check out all the terrible games his D's have had in big games:

1988 week 16 D blows late lead to Jets to cost them playoffs

1989 flipper Anderson and Rams upset NYG in div Rd

1990 bills O has ball for 19 mins, scores 17 pts. If NYG O doesn't hold ball for 40 minutes they get crushed

1994 playoffs at Pitt

1998 AFC championship game after being given a 10 pt lead in 2nd half

2001 SB- 1st D ever to blow double digit 4th qtr lead in SB

2003 SB- 2nd D ever to blow double digit 4tg qtr lead in SB

2005 div rd- torched by Jake Plummer

2006- blow huge lead to greatest choking QB of all time.

2007- allow average QB to lead late TD drive to lose SB

2010- allow mark Sanchez and Jets O to score 28 in Foxboro upset

2011- allow late TD to lose SB again

2017- allow 41 pts to Nick foles led O in SB

The myth of Bill belichick is all about coaching the greatest defensive player of all time and the greatest QB of all time

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yeah he created the bill Parcells mystique.  Parcells was able to win with two non Hall of Famers and won his second super bowl when BBs D got torched by Buffalo.

BB built his reputation as a great DC thanks to LT, without him he's overseen mostly average defenses.  Check out all the terrible games his D's have had in big games:

1988 week 16 D blows late lead to Jets to cost them playoffs

1989 flipper Anderson and Rams upset NYG in div Rd

1990 bills O has ball for 19 mins, scores 17 pts. If NYG O doesn't hold ball for 40 minutes they get crushed

1994 playoffs at Pitt

1998 AFC championship game after being given a 10 pt lead in 2nd half

2001 SB- 1st D ever to blow double digit 4th qtr lead in SB

2003 SB- 2nd D ever to blow double digit 4tg qtr lead in SB

2005 div rd- torched by Jake Plummer

2006- blow huge lead to greatest choking QB of all time.

2007- allow average QB to lead late TD drive to lose SB

2010- allow mark Sanchez and Jets O to score 28 in Foxboro upset

2011- allow late TD to lose SB again

2017- allow 41 pts to Nick foles led O in SB

The myth of Bill belichick is all about coaching the greatest defensive player of all time and the greatest QB of all time

Thank you for your exhaustive analysis.  I am still waiting for you to describe the playoff games that Parcells has won without Belichick on his staff.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

it is easy to win when you cheat, Brady is very good but do you think win the super bowl or bowls against a few of those teams if not for tape gate or deflate gate. 

4 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

So the QB had nothing to do with it? I expected better out of you. I'm disappointed.

The QB had everything to do with it.  In that he wasn't good enough, hence why neither of those Super Bowl-caliber rosters actually won a Super Bowl in either of those 2 seasons. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The QB had everything to do with it.  In that he wasn't good enough, hence why neither of those Super Bowl-caliber rosters actually won a Super Bowl in either of those 2 seasons. 

Yet he was good enough to win playoff games and get us into the Championship game ....2 years in a row. Yeah makes a lot of sense. :huh:

7 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I remember Clemons pre draft. Jaworski called him the best QB in the that years draft class. Like a typical Jets fan it raised my hopes up only to be crushed along the sea side rocks.

In fairness, he wasn't that far off.  In reality, he was probably second best to Cutler.

Of course, that's not saying as much for Clemens as it is what a disaster that QB class was.

18 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

In fairness, he wasn't that far off.  In reality, he was probably second best to Cutler.

Of course, that's not saying as much for Clemens as it is what a disaster that QB class was.

That's true.  As I recall, Clemens was projected as a third rounder, possible second round, and the Jets wanted to wait until the third round to take him but they hard that the Vikings were interested in Clemens.  So the Jets traded a bunch of late round draft choices to get Clemens on the second round.  Minnesota then settled for Tavaris Jackson later in the second round, who lasted 10 years in the league but who also didn't do much.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

strongly disagree

It’s so long ago. I can’t recall the game so much as certain plays and drives and my feelings after were that The defense had no gas left which lost the game and Sanchez had a few hot streaks and probably one of his better games. But tbh my memory w this stuff is shady ie, if anyone remembers my Revis rant this game a few years back...as I’m the only to think his dropped INT was super critical to their demise based on the momentum. So...maybe it’s me

Sanchez >>>> Colt McCoy

i guess we’ll be seeing threads of “sign sanchez” in the off season when he throws for 300 yards and 3TDs before ultimately failing to post a 55% completion rate and burying his head into the OL. 

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

It’s so long ago. I can’t recall the game so much as certain plays and drives and my feelings after were that The defense had no gas left which lost the game and Sanchez had a few hot streaks and probably one of his better games. But tbh my memory w this stuff is shady ie, if anyone remembers my Revis rant this game a few years back...as I’m the only to think his dropped INT was super critical to their demise based on the momentum. So...maybe it’s me

Sanchez scored more points in the first half for Pitt than for the Jets, so.....

Sanchez >>>> Colt McCoy

Is he though?

Say what you will about Colt, but he’s held down that backup job in Washington the last 4 years. And his QB rating in the 3 seasons in which he’s made appearances? 96.4, 133.9, 90.3.

Juxtapose that with Sanchez, whose QB rating the 3 years he’s been backup with Philly and Dallas were 88.4, 80.7, and 30.3. Ouch.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Thank you for your exhaustive analysis.  I am still waiting for you to describe the playoff games that Parcells has won without Belichick on his staff.  

Parcells took over the awful Patriots in 1993, a franchise that was equally bad off it as on it and had ownership issues and was on the verge to moving to St. Louis. he had them in the playoffs year 2 and only coached one playoff game w/o Belichick. 

he then took over a Dallas team that was 5-11 for 3-4 straight years and in year one WITH QUINCY CARTE  as his QB he had them in the playoffs, then he lost a playoff game at Seattle where his holder dropped a snap on a chip shot field goal to win but I'm sure if Belichick is there he catches it and they win. 

here's how you should look at it.  Parcells took over 2 awful franchises at the time yet in 7 seasons w/o Belichick made the playoffs 3 times.

Belichick inherited a team that made 3 conf title games in 4 years w/ a QB that was just 28 when he took over and then in NE inherited a franchise w/ the pieces to win a SB and a QB who reached a SB and was only 28 yet in 7 total seasons w/o Brady(adding 2008 when Brady got hurt and had left them an undefeated team yet he lost 5 more games that season) he had FIVE losing seasons and just ONE playoff season.

Not really.
his first game he came into a 7-7 game, he led his O to 24 pts the final 3 qtrs. in a 31-24 win at Arizona
1st start came a week later, he led O to 34 pts in a win over Carolina.
his next start was at GB, the team was awful in blowout loss.
he came back the following week and led O to 36 pts in a win over Ten.
Then led a 33-10 win at Dallas on Thanksgiving.
Next game was a bad one against great Seattle D as they lost 24-14 BUT the 14 pts he led them to were the most Seattle allowed in a game in the last 6 weeks of the season.  In those 6 games other than the 14 pts Philly scored the most they allowed was 7 in a game.
The next game was Dallas, they fell behind 21-0, he brought them back and Philly led 24-21 but D could not get a stop and they lost 38-27.
next week led them to 27 at Washington, in 3 pt loss where Kicker missed 34 and 46 yd FGs in the 2nd half.
last week was meaningless.

In only one game did he lead his O to less than 20 points and again that was against great Sea D that didn't allow another team in the final 6 games to score more than 7. w Foles starting the Eagles O didn't score over 30 pts in any game(they had exactly 30 twice).  w/ Sanchez the Eagles O scored over 30 3 times and scored 24 in 3 qtrs. against Arizona(projects to 31 over 4 qtrs.).  He did it against the MUCH tougher portion of the schedule.  In the 8 starts for Foles they faced ONE playoff bound team,  In Mark's 8 starts they played games against FIVE playoff bound teams and all 5 games were against teams that reached at least the divisional round.  1 game against eventual NFC champ, 2 games against conf title game teams, 5 games against div rd teams.

Very interesting. I remember it very differently. I even watched one of the games with a Philly friend of mine and remember watching him lose his faith in Sanchez. I can recall saying things like ... hey man. That’s what Sanchez does. Looks good then makes huge mistakes.

Either way, numbers don’t lie. You seem to have done some homework and your list is very different than what I remember but it sounds like you know what you’re talking about.

Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, GREENBEAN said:

Very interesting. I remember it very differently. I even watched one of the games with a Philly friend of mine and remember watching him lose his faith in Sanchez. I can recall saying things like ... hey man. That’s what Sanchez does. Looks good then makes huge mistakes.

Either way, numbers don’t lie. You seem to have done some homework and your list is very different than what I remember but it sounds like you know what you’re talking about.

Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mark became a whipping boy for us and that reputation has followed him around.  It's never been fair but once you have a reputation it's hard to overcome it.  Fans always need a scapegoat and the QB is the first guy they look to.  Mark was far from perfect in Philly but we also need to remember this was midseason 2014, he last played in 2012 and missed all of 2013.  He played in one system in 2011 w/ Schottenheimer the  a new one in 2012 w/ Sparano then was learning a new one w/ Marty in 2013 then another new one in 2014 w/ Chip.  4 systems in 4 years, hadn't played in almost 2 years then came in and the O was a lot better w/ him.  He did as well as anyone could have expected, it wasn't his job to carry that team, they needed those around him to play well and the D to play well.  On offense they were mostly good, on D they were terrible but b/c Mark is the QB he gets all the blame just like here.

Archived