Revis throws shade at Bowles?

prime21

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hi. Darrelle Revis is unquestionably the best player to ever wear a Jets uniform and he was smart to hold out for more of Woody’s unearned billions. He doesn’t owe you sh*t, Todd Bowles is and was bad, and if you’re still mad at Revis over money, consider that Revis never got a deal from the Jets that cost more than Maccagnan just handed Trumaine Johnson.

Strong post!

Revis is such a controversial figure here.  He obviously was incredible in his prime.  I have absolutely no issue with his holdouts.  This was his career and the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts (unless your name is Kirk Cousins - lol).  

However, later in his career he clearly didn't give max effort (or anything close to it).  For that, he deserves scorn.

Overall I'd take a player like him any day.  From our front office perspective though, we should've let him finish his career elsewhere once he left here.  Maybe we cut bait a year or two early but that's far better than a year or two late (when you can get screwed by cap ramifications).  Belichick rarely (if ever) makes this mistake.  He trades veterans rather than bringing them back for a bad late-career contract.  

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean go back and watch the game. Sammy Watkins stole his lunch money. He SUCKED in that game and blaming other people when you were a huge part of the problem is ridiculous.

I watched the game like just about everyone here did, and from the first play the Jets played D you can see the game plan was to play off coverage no matter what for some silly reason, AND I was like WTF is going on yet Bowles never adjusted, Revis basically said in this interview he did what he was told under Bowles he had no communication, or input on how to play so Bowles had to of had called for Revis to play man to man OFF ball coverage, and if he asked him to play up on Watkins, and Revis didn’t then you have to immediately give that guy help as a coach to make him play up, and Bowles just kept letting the Bills have Watkins run 5-7 yard curls, outs, ins, and slants right down the field in front of the D (Revis) from start to finish that’s on Bowles!

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So the defensive coordinator or the HC never made adjustments to get Revis help.

Yes I saw the same game. 

Yep its the same old Blitz that is just getting to the QB as we speak . Bowles has no clue how to scheme a defense without elite pass rushers. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Hi. Darrelle Revis is unquestionably the best player to ever wear a Jets uniform and he was smart to hold out for more of Woody’s unearned billions. He doesn’t owe you sh*t, Todd Bowles is and was bad, and if you’re still mad at Revis over money, consider that Revis never got a deal from the Jets that cost more than Maccagnan just handed Trumaine Johnson.

Oh the travesty , how in the world can he feed his family. Maybe a gofundme :)

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The “Marshall-Richardson Feud” is Bowles/Macc Apologist 101

I know we went 10-6 in 2015 but did that team ever actually look that good even in any of their wins?  The entire season was prime Decker and Marshall grabbing 50/50 ducks from Fitzgarbage

Fits just threw those balls up for grabs.  It is amazing that he didn't have 40 interceptions.  You are absolutely correct.  Decker & Marshall saved his ass because of their aggressiveness.

Darrelle Revis is not unquestionably better than Joe Namath, Don Maynard, Ronnie Lott, Brett Favre, John Riggins, Curtis Martin, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor and probably even Aaron Glenn and Ty Law for that matter.  And what next, are you going to compare Leonard Williams contract extension money to Joe Klecko's contract? (73 was also better than Revis)

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I understand the hate for this guy ... But one thing is certain ... Regardless of his motivation .... This dude brought his A game every single snap for years here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not after he came back and got paid again.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Darrelle Revis is not unquestionably better than Joe Namath, Don Maynard, Ronnie Lott, Brett Favre, John Riggins, Curtis Martin, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor and probably even Aaron Glenn and Ty Law for that matter.  And what next, are you going to compare Leonard Williams contract extension money to Joe Klecko's contract? (73 was also better than Revis)

Serious question: how many t-shirts did you have layered on when you wrote this scorching hot take? 

Liked him better when he was dead^

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Revis is such a controversial figure here.  He obviously was incredible in his prime.  I have absolutely no issue with his holdouts.  This was his career and the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts (unless your name is Kirk Cousins - lol).  

However, later in his career he clearly didn't give max effort (or anything close to it).  For that, he deserves scorn.

Overall I'd take a player like him any day.  From our front office perspective though, we should've let him finish his career elsewhere once he left here.  Maybe we cut bait a year or two early but that's far better than a year or two late (when you can get screwed by cap ramifications).  Belichick rarely (if ever) makes this mistake.  He trades veterans rather than bringing them back for a bad late-career contract.  

He had like a 2 year prime. 

Cant wait for Revis to be our next HOFer. Speech should be great...lol. But I guess as long as he doesn't tell us how much he hates the Sport he made millions to play and then talk with gratuitous detail about domestic violence, it'll be better than the last time a Jet was enshrined.

If Jerry Philbin, Winston Hill and Klecko were Steelers or Giants, they would have been in decades ago. 

Darrelle Revis: How Todd Bowles blew his biggest Jets moment

November 20, 2018 | 4:11pm

Now former players are piling on to Todd Bowles.

The embattled Jets coach, expected to be fired at season’s end, was the subject of seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback and former team captain Darrelle Revis’ less-than-flattering tales on a WFAN appearance on Tuesday.

Revis, who retired after an 11-season career this past summer, pointed to the Jets’ final game of the 2015 season, a win-and-you’re-in scenario for the 10-5 Jets. The players, according to Revis, weren’t ready for the matchup with former coach Rex Ryan’s Bills and the ensuing 22-17 loss cost them a playoff spot.

“I feel we came out and we felt that we had the game already won,” Revis said. “And you’re dealing with Rex Ryan on the other end, who I know during that whole week of preparation, I know he got his guys, his players, revved up to spoil our playoff run.”

Revis was certainly among those not fired up that day as he was torched by Bill star receiver Sammy Watkins for 11 catches and 136 yards. The leadup to that Bills game may turn out to be the high point of Bowles’ Jets tenure as a pair of 5-11 seasons have followed and this year’s 3-6 team seems destined for a similar fate.

Revis played under Ryan from 2009-2012, and then spent 2015-16 with Bowles in his return to New York after a season apiece with Tampa Bay and New England. It was clear which staff he preferred.

“I don’t know if we had much of a player-coach type of relationship as I did with Rex Ryan and his coaching staff,” Revis said. “Rex Ryan and his coaching staff were amazing in terms of most of the guys who were on the staff played professionally or had a ton of coaching experience, and they wanted you to engage with them about how you felt about certain things with the scheme, how is the game plan this week and they would try to put us in the best position to make plays, and I think that’s why we were so successful under Rex.”

Count Ryan among those with a similar emotion to his former charge’s, with the coach-turned-ESPN analyst recently ripping the Jets’ front office — and maybe angling for a return to the MetLife Stadium sidelines himself.

“They’re gonna blow it up and they’re going to get it right,” he said on “Get Up” last week. “Bring someone in who understands the community, who gets that kind of passion, can relate to the fan base and all that, and never, ever have a performance like that again.”

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Darrelle Revis: How Todd Bowles blew his biggest Jets moment

November 20, 2018 | 4:11pm

Now former players are piling on to Todd Bowles.

The embattled Jets coach, expected to be fired at season’s end, was the subject of seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback and former team captain Darrelle Revis’ less-than-flattering tales on a WFAN appearance on Tuesday.

Revis, who retired after an 11-season career this past summer, pointed to the Jets’ final game of the 2015 season, a win-and-you’re-in scenario for the 10-5 Jets. The players, according to Revis, weren’t ready for the matchup with former coach Rex Ryan’s Bills and the ensuing 22-17 loss cost them a playoff spot.

“I feel we came out and we felt that we had the game already won,” Revis said. “And you’re dealing with Rex Ryan on the other end, who I know during that whole week of preparation, I know he got his guys, his players, revved up to spoil our playoff run.”

Revis was certainly among those not fired up that day as he was torched by Bill star receiver Sammy Watkins for 11 catches and 136 yards. The leadup to that Bills game may turn out to be the high point of Bowles’ Jets tenure as a pair of 5-11 seasons have followed and this year’s 3-6 team seems destined for a similar fate.

Revis played under Ryan from 2009-2012, and then spent 2015-16 with Bowles in his return to New York after a season apiece with Tampa Bay and New England. It was clear which staff he preferred.

“I don’t know if we had much of a player-coach type of relationship as I did with Rex Ryan and his coaching staff,” Revis said. “Rex Ryan and his coaching staff were amazing in terms of most of the guys who were on the staff played professionally or had a ton of coaching experience, and they wanted you to engage with them about how you felt about certain things with the scheme, how is the game plan this week and they would try to put us in the best position to make plays, and I think that’s why we were so successful under Rex.”

Count Ryan among those with a similar emotion to his former charge’s, with the coach-turned-ESPN analyst recently ripping the Jets’ front office — and maybe angling for a return to the MetLife Stadium sidelines himself.

“They’re gonna blow it up and they’re going to get it right,” he said on “Get Up” last week. “Bring someone in who understands the community, who gets that kind of passion, can relate to the fan base and all that, and never, ever have a performance like that again.”

Revis was an average corner when Ryan took over the Jets, reliable but nothing great about him but soon we found out that the  previous regime did not play to his strength.  Our defense was mediocre at best, the previous three years under Mangini.  Love him or hate him but he is speaking the truth.  From what I saw the Jets entire staff were over their head especially Kacy Rodger and after reading the Pepper Johnson piece, it makes perfect sense that they weren't prepare for the Bills.  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Darrelle Revis is not unquestionably the best player ever to wear a Jets uniform.

It's funny how the only game you Revis haters seem to remember is that one game against the Bills. There was a whole lot of bad that contributed to that loss. That one bad game doesn't outweigh all the good he did. I'm guessing you all have forgotten that steller lock-down performance he had against the Pats when the Jets beat them in the 2010 divisional playoff game. 

Archived