JET FANS ARE AMAZING

TMAC

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

He is injured and not 100%, and the Jets are at least erring on the side of caution.

Just like the multitude of other injuries this club has had-They don't talk about them with the public.

That you label a kid a "puss" just because you do not have all the facts and feel entitled to those facts, when you are not , is a little sad. 

I did not label the kid a “puss.” You are a reasonably smart person and, therefore, know this. And the “not 100%” thing is absurd because there are zero players in the league right now who are “100%,” including Tom Brady, who is going to play this weekend. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, T0mShane said:

I did not label the kid a “puss.” You are a reasonably smart person and, therefore, know this. And the “not 100%” thing is absurd because there are zero players in the league right now who are “100%,” including Tom Brady, whom is going to play this weekend. 

The terminal-doom scenario is that Darnold is being a puss. 

This is essentially T0mShane calling Darnold a "puss", in your typical connect the dots fashion. You skirt saying it exactly, but allow the reading to make that strong inference.

The dots are easy to connect here: "terminal doom" scenario and T0mShane making that inference are linked like vd on an uptown hooker.

Tom Brady is not 100% as you say, as many are not. Neither are they totally without anything to play for. 

Could the Jets be "playing it safe" and extending for a mental break? Sure. That neither is a "puss" move, nor is it necessarily stupid. And it certainly does not mean he was never injured.

And, don't you ever call me reasonably smart. 

36 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This is essentially T0mShane calling Darnold a "puss", in your typical connect the dots fashion. You skirt saying it exactly, but allow the reading to make that strong inference.

Flossin’, rolling on the haters, bombin’ em 

My name is @Scott Dierking now peep this ad hominem

42 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The terminal-doom scenario is that Darnold is being a puss. 

The dots are easy to connect here: "terminal doom" scenario and T0mShane making that inference are linked like vd on an uptown hooker.

Tom Brady is not 100% as you say, as many are not. Neither are they totally without anything to play for. 

Could the Jets be "playing it safe" and extending for a mental break? Sure. That neither is a "puss" move, nor is it necessarily stupid. And it certainly does not mean he was never injured.

And, don't you ever call me reasonably smart. 

I hate to break it to you, but THIS sounds like a conspiracy theory. 

Isn’t it also true that @Matt39 and @T0mShane may only be “connecting dots” as well? Hmmmm.....

Who are you really? Bowles? Woody? Mac? I’m just kidding...I’d never insult you by calling you one of those 3 idiots. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Flossin’, rolling on the haters, bombin’ em 

My name is @Scott Dierking now peep this ad hominem

The Jets have somehow irreparably hurt and damaged you to the point where you can only lash out with constant theories and conspiracies. I am sorry that it has come to this for you.

At least you are not taking this out on your family.

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Isn’t it also true that @Matt39 and @T0mShane may only be “connecting dots” as well? Hmmmm.....

Who are you really? Bowles? Woody? Mac? I’m just kidding...I’d never insult you by calling you one of those 3 idiots. 

Huh?

10 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s 100% ok to insult Scott. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

BB would love nothing more than to lay 50 on us and if it happens it happens. 

If it happens I hope the Johnson brothers have the balls to fire Bowles immediately following the  game and put MM on notice. 

This would certainly grab the headlines something the Johnsons are all about..

I don’t think he gives a crap about the Jets anymore to be honest. We aren’t good, we’re pathetic actually, there’s other things he is worried about. We are a stop that the train has to pass through 

11 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I don’t think he gives a crap about the Jets anymore to be honest. We aren’t good, we’re pathetic actually, there’s other things he is worried about. We are a stop that the train has to pass through 

Tough talk.  Come visit us in London soon.

Image result for jets to london

Is Darnold really injured? Is Rogers on death’s door? Is Powell’s career over?

Not a big conspiracy guy but I’m not sure it matters—the problem is that the general distrust in this organization is the worst I think I’ve ever seen.

If Belichick is Rembrandt at saying nothing, Todd Bowles is Jackson Pollock.

Back to the original title here "Jets Fans are Amazing" 

Let's take that at face value and not as it was intended and amend that to Some Jets Fans Are Amazing 

Well that is true and probably true for fans in every team in every sport. Some of you truly are. I've sat next to you at the stadium, met you in the parking lots, taken the escalators up to the Mezz with you. met you on the street because one of us was wearing the shirt and best of all read your posts on this board. You enjoy this sport no matter what, time after time, game after game. No matter what, you recognize the true value of this sport and this team and frankly that this isn't life, just a special guilty pleasure of escaping reality for 3 hours weekly just for the fun of it.

It doesn't matter that so and so should be fired, this player should be let go or that player should play. All that matters is that on any given Sunday, you are there, rooting and hoping against the odds for win and if not, so what? Don't befund me none, I'll just be there the next week. Haven't won in decades? Don't befund me none, I'll just be there the next week. You want me to stay away because you think it would send some sort of message that will never be conveyed? Don't befund me none, I'll just be there the next week.

It's cold? I'll dress warm

Prices go up? I'll sit in the end zone rather than the 50 yd. line

Team has a bad draft? I'll just watch for that one breakout player

Patriots winning another division? I will just root for an upset for no other reason than it would stick in their craw

Team is not being forthcoming about injuries or future plans? What does this have to do with me?

Some Jets fans are amazing, Someday, as long as pro football doesn't implode itself, there will be championship banners raised over the stadium and these amazing fans will be, well, amazed. Will that be in our lifetimes?  Don't befund me none whether or not it will be, I'll just be there the next week.

I’m an analytics man, myself. I rely on concretes. I see a 21 year old QB who is ostensibly supposed to be the leader of the team in the very near future suited up and standing around at practice—but not playing in the games due to an alleged injury that he, himself, says he doesn’t have—and I view this as a huge mistake. I think it emasculates him in front of the team and, if he’s complicit in sitting out, is something that will stick to him. Your quarterback has to play hurt, because he’s always going to be hurt by Week 11. The most benign explanation is that Bowles is a chickensh*t trying to pad his resume with a cheap win on the way out the door and is using Darnold’s foot as an excuse to play McCown. The terminal-doom scenario is that Darnold is being a puss. There really is no good explanation for holding him out and, as usual, the Jets organization’s messaging on it is a disaster. 
This is such a reach.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

Here’s a little thought experiment. What if Todd Bowles came out today and said that Jamal Adams’ shoulder was a little sore so he’s going to have him take a month off because the season is effectively over and there’s no reason to be out there anyway. What would be your response to that? What would be Jamal’s response to that?

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s a little thought experiment. What if Todd Bowles came out today and said that Jamal Adams’ shoulder was a little sore so he’s going to have him take a month off because the season is effectively over and there’s no reason to be out there anyway. What would be your response to that? What would be Jamal’s response to that?

Bowles would never challenge a player (cases in point Wilkerson and Sheldon) so moot point 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, Jamal Adams would challenge Todd on this and Sam Darnold isn’t? That’s not good, either. 

Todd can’t handle junkyard dogs which is why our DL strength turned to a weakness basically overnight. Only jets can draft one position well—DL—and flip it to a weakness. Shame on Macc for not realising his HC was soft as charmin and keeping good guy Snacks over strong willed players who thugged out once Rex left.

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, what would some people think, if someone who considered himself a provocateur , a self promoted guider of thoughts on a message board, that was here regularly and consistently droned the same rhetoric with a sardonic twist, suddenly up and left? No basis for reason. Just up and left. What if that person had a history of doing this? Had previously done it in a huff, with mysterious circumstances?

And then, as previously, just reappeared? Some would say at an opportune time, just at a time that he (or she) could best continue to propagate their agenda.

Would it be appropriate to say that this person may have some issues? Maybe issues of confidence and self awareness? Possibly deeper lying issues?

What would be your response to that? 

Would that be fair? Of course it wouldn't. Because we would be dealing without the facts of the supposed blackguard. It would connecting dots based on a salacious want to just mischaracterize. 

See how easy this is? See how unfair it is without the facts?

Just now, T0mShane said:

Come on. Dierking is ghosting in here while eating a bowl of rock salt mixed in with his Lucky Charms and Ativan. Why isn’t Darnold playing this week?

I thought it was because he is recovering from an ankle injury.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Foot injury. That he’s standing on for hours at a time during practice. That he claims doesn’t impact or even bother him.

I'm.signing up for med school now. Let me research this and I'll reply in 6 years once I have an answer.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Foot injury. That he’s standing on for hours at a time during practice. That he claims doesn’t impact or even bother him.

Todd basically confirmed yesterday that Sam isnt injured when he said, "it isnt about what he's not able to do.  He didnt practice, so he's out".  

Meanwhile, Robby Anderson who hasnt practiced either and is battling an ankle sprain, is going to give it a go.

20 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Or, what would some people think, if someone who considered himself a provocateur , a self promoted guider of thoughts on a message board, that was here regularly and consistently droned the same rhetoric with a sardonic twist, suddenly up and left? No basis for reason. Just up and left. What if that person had a history of doing this? Had previously done it in a huff, with mysterious circumstances?

And then, as previously, just reappeared? Some would say at an opportune time, just at a time that he (or she) could best continue to propagate their agenda.

Would it be appropriate to say that this person may have some issues? Maybe issues of confidence and self awareness? Possibly deeper lying issues?

What would be your response to that? 

Would that be fair? Of course it wouldn't. Because we would be dealing without the facts of the supposed blackguard. It would connecting dots based on a salacious want to just mischaracterize. 

See how easy this is? See how unfair it is without the facts?

This seems like it was a lot of work.

Archived