Josh Allen PLEASE

Philc1

4 time SEC defensive player of the week this year.  13 sacks, 80 tackles.  Perfect build for a NFL pass rushing OLB plus I think he falls to ya when we pick at 3 or 4 since Nick Bosa will go 1 overall and AJ Brown and Quinnen Williams will go 2 and 3

Jets have not had a real pass rusher since Abe time to get one finally

782719B8-EFE0-4D04-B3BD-8E4438597DBD.jpeg

Fortify the passrush in free agency.

Guys like Lawrence and Clowney probably aren’t going anywhere, but you’ll have a decent crop of guys like Ford, Barr, Fowler, Barrett, Ray, etc to pick from. Sign 2 of them.

Draft Jonah Williams in the 1st.

The OL has been neglected for far too long and there’s no real feasible way to upgrade in free agency this offseason besides maybe at center.

Williams is a legit Top 10 pick, plays a premium position and protects the blindside of your prized QB for the next decade.

Guys like Lawrence and Clowney probably aren’t going anywhere, but you’ll have a decent crop of guys like Ford, Barr, Fowler, Barrett, Ray, etc to pick from. Sign 2 of them.
The OL has been neglected for far too long and there’s no real feasible way to upgrade in free agency this offseason besides maybe at center.
Williams is a legit Top 10 pick, plays a premium position and protects the blindside of your prized QB for the next decade.

I agree if Williams is available, but if he goes before the Jets pick, who are you going to take? Little isn’t a top 10 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I agree if Williams is available, but if he goes before the Jets pick, who are you going to take? Little isn’t a top 10 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Williams is gone, then I try like hell to trade down and if I can’t, I either go passrusher or Greedy. You pretty much have to.

There really isn’t a single offensive player worth taking in the Top 10 for us besides Williams. Hell, he and Herbert (if he even declares) might be the only offensive players to even go in the Top 10.

But at the end of the day, I think the Jets only win one more game tops and will be picking in the Top 4. Hopefully it’s good enough to land Williams. 

The most impressive thing about the Bills is their HC, he made the playoffs w/ awful talent last year(and no QB) and is keeping them competitive this year.  The Bills have a big piece in the HC and may have that QB.  we have the QB to build around but need to hit a HR w/ our new HC.  If we do I think us and the Bills will be in great position to battle for this division  for many years once Brady decides to retire.

16 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Williams isn’t as good a prospect as Brick and there won’t be any great pass rushers in FA unless you trade picks to Houston for Clowney 

38 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets haven’t had a legit pass rusher since Tanenbaum traded away Abraham 12 years ago

You say that like it was a bad thing, The fans and media wanted Abe gone. He couldn't stay healthy and the pick we got for him turned out to be Mangold so that worked out but there's no excuse not have picked or signed a good pass rusher since.

The best thing this organization can do is throw the draft chart out the window and take whatever they can get to move from 3/5 to 10 and take josh allen.  Even if we get just a 2 we can get a dynamic edge rusher and a good OG or C at 1/2 and then go from there.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:06 PM, Untouchable said:

If Williams is gone, then I try like hell to trade down and if I can’t, I either go passrusher or Greedy. You pretty much have to.

There really isn’t a single offensive player worth taking in the Top 10 for us besides Williams. Hell, he and Herbert (if he even declares) might be the only offensive players to even go in the Top 10.

But at the end of the day, I think the Jets only win one more game tops and will be picking in the Top 4. Hopefully it’s good enough to land Williams. 

If we go defense it would have to be Ed Oliver and a permanent switch to a 4-3.....no more of this hybrid crap.

He's better than Bosa and a sh*t ton better than Allen. He's the next Donald and he still hasn't turned 21 yet...albeit in a few weeks. 

I hate highlight videos but at least this one is watchable.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:06 AM, nyjunc said:

You say that like it was a bad thing, The fans and media wanted Abe gone. He couldn't stay healthy and the pick we got for him turned out to be Mangold so that worked out but there's no excuse not have picked or signed a good pass rusher since.

It was a good trade, I was in favor of it at the time, and it helped the team as they drafted a great center.

That being said, the team has not replaced Abe, and it's been over 10 years.   The only way I want the Jets to go D in the 1st round is if a pass rusher falls to them.   They need a lot of help on offense, but they also really need someone to somehow get to the QB.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, Untouchable said:

Couldn’t agree more with this post.  

On 11/25/2018 at 10:49 PM, Thai Jet said:

He had a monster game today for the Bills. 1 passing TD another rushing and 99 yards rushing. To think we could have had him last year at #6 and saved those 3 2nd round picks................. what? .......wait.....my bad, never mind. lol

I opened this thread and was shocked he is a black dude now.

When we hire a new offensive-minded coach there will be a different voice in the Draft Room and it will NOT be pounding the table for a DE.  There's a reason why, until Darnold, the Jets never drafted offense in Round 1 with Bowles here.  Bowles wanted defensive backs and got them....over and over and over.  Whether it's Adams, Maye or a $72M Free Agent in Trumaine Johnson, Bowles got his guys.

If the new coach has any balls he'll walk into the War Room and start picking the names of Defenders off the Jets Big Board in the Top 10 and throwing those little nameplates in the trash can with a loud clank as he repeats..."Offense....offense...offense...."

On 11/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, BCJet said:

The best thing this organization can do is throw the draft chart out the window and take whatever they can get to move from 3/5 to 10 and take josh allen.  Even if we get just a 2 we can get a dynamic edge rusher and a good OG or C at 1/2 and then go from there.

I’m definitely down to do a Colts type trade back from say 3 to 6ish for 2-3 1st and 2nd rounders.  Think Williams from Bama can fall to 2nd half of top 10 because A LOT of teams will see him as a Guard instead of a LT.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:06 AM, nyjunc said:

We gave up on Goodwin who had a good career as a starting Center in New Orleans

Abe + Goodwin > Mangold and Vernon Gholston

Sorry 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:45 PM, jetstream23 said:

When we hire a new offensive-minded coach there will be a different voice in the Draft Room and it will NOT be pounding the table for a DE.  There's a reason why, until Darnold, the Jets never drafted offense in Round 1 with Bowles here.  Bowles wanted defensive backs and got them....over and over and over.  Whether it's Adams, Maye or a $72M Free Agent in Trumaine Johnson, Bowles got his guys.

If the new coach has any balls he'll walk into the War Room and start picking the names of Defenders off the Jets Big Board in the Top 10 and throwing those little nameplates in the trash can with a loud clank as he repeats..."Offense....offense...offense...."

So in your scenario Bowles, who is on the same org chart line as Macc, got Macc to give him his guys.

On the new org chart the head coach is probably going to report to Macc. Can't see how it gets any better.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:41 PM, Philc1 said:

We gave up on Goodwin who had a good career as a starting Center in New Orleans

Abe + Goodwin > Mangold and Vernon Gholston

Sorry 

Goodwin was another guy fans and the media wanted gone and we didn't trade him, he was a FA not coveted by anyone..  They thought he was useless and after not playing much his first couple of years in NO he became a solid starter for many years but again we have to go back to that time period.  Remember how Abe was always hurt then he had the DWI.

what does drafting Vernon Gholston 2 years later have to do w/ anything?  Abe wound up winning just 1 playoff game after he left us.  we did just fine post Abe, that trade worked for all involved.  There's no reason in the 12+ years since we traded him that we couldn't find another quality pass rusher.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 7:22 PM, Maxman said:

So in your scenario Bowles, who is on the same org chart line as Macc, got Macc to give him his guys.

On the new org chart the head coach is probably going to report to Macc. Can't see how it gets any better.

New HC will not report to Macc according to Chris Johnson. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

So we want 2 guys, Bosa and Josh Allen....and we pick 3rd.

lol Jets!

If they both go 1-2 (which I would be surprised by), there are still great players on the board.  Q Williams.  J Williams.  Or trade down because by that point teams will start getting nervous about Haskins.  This isn't a clear-cut "we pick 3rd in a 2-player draft" situation.  

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

If they both go 1-2 (which I would be surprised by), there are still great players on the board.  Q Williams.  J Williams.  Or trade down because by that point teams will start getting nervous about Haskins.  This isn't a clear-cut "we pick 3rd in a 2-player draft" situation.  

I agree with your last sentence but I’m starting to see this as 2 pass rusher Draft for the Jets. Sure, Clelin Ferrell, Q Williams, etc are good but I think Bosa and Allen are the guys really worth a top pick. I like Jonah Williams, a couple of the other OTs and several WRs...but I don’t think any of them should be a Top 3 pick. 

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree with your last sentence but I’m starting to see this as 2 pass rusher Draft for the Jets. Sure, Clelin Ferrell, Q Williams, etc are good but I think Bosa and Allen are the guys really worth a top pick. I like Jonah Williams, a couple of the other OTs and several WRs...but I don’t think any of them should be a Top 3 pick. 

Here's an interesting mock that will make you happy.  It has NYG trading up to #1 to get Haskins and SF taking Q Williams at 2, leaving Bosa for us.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019overreaction.php

Now it's nothing more than fantasy, but it gives you an idea of how highly some people regard Quinnen Williams.  I've seen quite a number that have Bosa and QW going 1-2.  So many that if he drops to us, it might not be a bad thing at all.  ,

On 1/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, nycdan said:

Here's an interesting mock that will make you happy.  It has NYG trading up to #1 to get Haskins and SF taking Q Williams at 2, leaving Bosa for us.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019overreaction.php

Now it's nothing more than fantasy, but it gives you an idea of how highly some people regard Quinnen Williams.  I've seen quite a number that have Bosa and QW going 1-2.  So many that if he drops to us, it might not be a bad thing at all.  ,

It’s not impossible Bosa falls to us at 3

On 11/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, Untouchable said:

I've been saying OL since Sanchez, invest in the investment. Johnson and crew are morons, good luck.

Archived