Josh Allen PLEASE

Philc1

Well it now looks like Bosa and Allen go 1 & 2.

My hope now is we trade back to 6 or 7 (Giants/Jags) - Jags wold be better. We get a 2, a 3 and next years 2 and we either get Jonah at 7 or we take best Edge left - Ferrel or go CB or DT. We can then look to get better players in 2 and 3 - or use our 3 third rounders to come back up to round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, DavidO said:

Well it now looks like Bosa and Allen go 1 & 2.

My hope now is we trade back to 6 or 7 (Giants/Jags) - Jags wold be better. We get a 2, a 3 and next years 2 and we either get Jonah at 7 or we take best Edge left - Ferrel or go CB or DT. We can then look to get better players in 2 and 3 - or use our 3 third rounders to come back up to round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Allen is going to murder his combine he just murdered his bowl game.  I’m hoping he still falls to 3

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, Lith said:

Anyone else feeling like Ferrell becomes the better option if we hire Williams and move to a 4-3. 

I like Allen as a 3-4 Edge; but Ferrell in a 4-3.

We'll see what happens.  Supposedly the Skins are offering Williams big money to go there.

Allen's listed at 6'5 260 and won't turn 22 until the summer so it's not like he's this crazy old prospect who's completely maxed out from a physical development standpoint. We'll see how that height and weight holds up at the combine but I think he's going to blow it up from an athletic testing standpoint and he's definitely got the size to put his hand in the dirt.

Actually think he's going to leapfrog Bosa. Jets boards seem to be so focused on Allen because of the presumption he'll be there at 3, but I don't think he will.

• 1 month later...

Note this is not intended as a dig at Bosa. But I keep seeing career figures for Bosa thrown out. And people seem to not like Allen.

Bosa: 29 games, 17.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 2 FF, 0 FR, 1 TD, 2 PD, 0 INT, 77 total tackles, 47 solo tackles

Allen: 42 games, 31.5 sacks, 42 TFL, 11 FF, 2 FR, 0 TD, 8 PD, 1 INT, 220 total tackles, 121 assisted tackles

Also keep seeing how young Bosa is - Bosa DOB 10/23/1997, Allen 7/17/1997. They’re just over 3 months apart. 

Bosa is a fantastic prospect. The raw stats even on a per game basis probably don’t do him justice since his snap % has to be lower than Allen’s was. 

Allen was massively productive in a great conference as a senior after two years of being very productive in a great conference. Did not have a stacked supporting cast. Is not an older guy beating up on younger guys or a one year wonder. Got better and better. Had responsibilities standing up. Supposedly good character. Good athletic testing. Deserves his due. He’s a tremendous prospect.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:11 PM, derp said:

Note this is not intended as a dig at Bosa. But I keep seeing career figures for Bosa thrown out. And people seem to not like Allen.

Bosa: 29 games, 17.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 2 FF, 0 FR, 1 TD, 2 PD, 0 INT, 77 total tackles, 47 solo tackles

Allen: 42 games, 31.5 sacks, 42 TFL, 11 FF, 2 FR, 0 TD, 8 PD, 1 INT, 220 total tackles, 121 assisted tackles

Also keep seeing how young Bosa is - Bosa DOB 10/23/1997, Allen 7/17/1997. They’re just over 3 months apart. 

Bosa is a fantastic prospect. The raw stats even on a per game basis probably don’t do him justice since his snap % has to be lower than Allen’s was. 

Allen was massively productive in a great conference as a senior after two years of being very productive in a great conference. Did not have a stacked supporting cast. Is not an older guy beating up on younger guys or a one year wonder. Got better and better. Had responsibilities standing up. Supposedly good character. Good athletic testing. Deserves his due. He’s a tremendous prospect.

Both are great prospects. Injuries aside I prefer Bosa. I think he has better odds at being dominant at the NFL level. 

The injuries do scare me. If both were available at 3, I truly would not know what to do. But this is why there are teams of evaluators that help make the decision and the one person to pull the trigger gets paid a lot of money to do so. 

But I will say again, I really want a trade down with the Giants to work out. I want the Jets to move down, add draft picks and draft J.Williams-OT BAMA. 

23 hours ago, PepPep said:

Both are great prospects. Injuries aside I prefer Bosa. I think he has better odds at being dominant at the NFL level. 

The injuries do scare me. If both were available at 3, I truly would not know what to do. But this is why there are teams of evaluators that help make the decision and the one person to pull the trigger gets paid a lot of money to do so. 

But I will say again, I really want a trade down with the Giants to work out. I want the Jets to move down, add draft picks and draft J.Williams-OT BAMA. 

Trade down to 6 and draft Sweat

Archived