OFFICIAL JETS VS PATS GAMETHREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In car for 8 hours going home. I will be in and out of gamethread and might even do something maybe sometimes. 

Tee time 12:48 Cedarwood country club..  In car for 8 hours going home. I will be in and out of gamethread and might even do something maybe sometimes.

Borrowed a part of your thread! :)

So, here we are once again.  November not even over yet.  Home game against our hated rivals from the North.  The most hated team in the NFL and not just by us.  And, once again, most of us, myself included, don't give a damn if we win.  For the 3rd consecutive year.  This is the team they have given us.  Thanks Woody.  Thanks Macc.  Thanks Bowles.  Thanks for another in a long line of lost seasons.

Go Jets, I guess???

Okay, the DVR is set. Whether I watch it or not is another story. I really just have no interest in a Mike Maccagnan Production, Directed by Todd Bowles, Starring Josh McCown. Gonna take a ride to the beach and walk past the lighthouse. I'll check the updates on my phone and if the Jets seem to be flirting with the impossible, I'll click it on. 

To all of you watching this thing in real time, good luck!

I think the Jets play much better today.  McCown will have shaken off the rust.  The team will be more motivated to play for Bowles (now that the season is completely gone).  Also, we tend to play close games against New England about 1 out of every 4 games.  I think we're due for a close one today.  Lastly, it would be very Jet-like to screw up our draft position with a meaningless win.

Nevertheless I still think we lose but in a close one:

Pats: 34

Jets: 24

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

lol

Probably stayed at his Manhattan condo with the Mrs. all week, and could show up drunk and still win this game.

Doesn't prevent any of us from rooting for that Joe Theissmann/Alex Smith career-ending compound fracture, though. 

37 minutes ago, slats said:

Okay, the DVR is set. Whether I watch it or not is another story. I really just have no interest in a Mike Maccagnan Production, Directed by Todd Bowles, Starring Josh McCown. Gonna take a ride to the beach and walk past the lighthouse. I'll check the updates on my phone and if the Jets seem to be flirting with the impossible, I'll click it on. 

To all of you watching this thing in real time, good luck!

A beautiful day for a stroll on the beach. 

I can never root for this team to loose, but loose is what they are going to do. Pats find a way to win, the Jets the opposite. Normally, I would at least hope for the D to play well, but this team has given up. An aging Brady is still better than some JAG off of the streets, and I don't think the D can slow them down. Again, I always root for the team to win, but getting crushed for the rest of the season is likely what is best for the team in the long run.

Anything in particular to look forward to this game? Chris Herndon, Eli McGuire, and any other youngish players that can be part of the solution.

Need to at least solidify depth as we hopefully demote some of our starters to depth once we get better players. That’s all I got as far as what to look forward to. 

Archived