OFFICIAL JETS VS PATS GAMETHREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I don't see the connection because the Jets never had a chance to draft Baker like they did Marino.

I think at one juncture pre-draft Cleve was said to be dealing the pick.

Plus the needless wins pushed the Jets back in the draft order but hey whatever.

It still is what it is with Mahommes, Watson etc.

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

If Baker Mayfield becomes Jets fans 21st century version of Marino i'm gonna cut my wrists.

Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson are the potential Marino's in this situation. O'Brien was a head scratcher. Darnold was the no doubt 100% correct pick at the time for the Jets.

Well they had 215 on the ground. But really what stuck out were the number of NEP plays on O over 20 yards on the ground and passing. In the teens. And esp on the first play of a series sometimes the first two plays. Over 40 yards and in Jets territory. We had some too but not as many. 

Their Oline got a lot of push vs our Dline.  Also they had some success rushing in the 2nd half and McCown was under a lot of pressure.  I’d say that was the big difference.  We had some good individual performances though, which is always a silver lining.  Thought our secondary tackled well and played good football.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Pass-rusher in the 1st (and/or trade down if possible), offense rest of the draft. 

Bosa or Zack Allen is a huge win for the Jets but watch us draft at #3 & those 2 go one & two. That would be so Jetsy. 

Jets could sign another pass rusher in Fowler or Dee Ford, maybe trade Leo if they could find a trade partner, WTF is the point of a DT like Williams & you give up over 200 yards rushing to the Patriots? How many runs of over 10 yards did the Pats have on 1st down? 

Another overated Jet 1st rounder in Williams. Adams looks to be the only superstar 1st rounder we've had in a long time. You beef up this pass rush, Adams will really shine. Maybe Maye can one day stay healthy & help the team out! 

Use the remaining 6 picks & cap dollars on offense starting with Lev Bell.

I liked seeing Spencer Long at guard and Harrison at center. The problem is too little too late. He shouldn't have been at center with a finger injury. Long is a good enough lineman to play as a guard when he couldn't snap the ball. It was a coaching guffaw and bad decision that hurt the team and rookie Qb. 

16 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Define "a few".

A stud pass rusher.. A stud offensive lineman, who commands respect like Mangold did. We need more players like adams that command respect in the locker room, who can back it up, like him on sundays.

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

But hindsight is easy

Yet you had tons of people here saying on draft day that we should take Watson or Mahomes.  Apparently our "resident armchair GM's" have a lot more foresight than Mike Maccagnan, who at the time was doubling down on Christian Hackenberg. 

15 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson are the potential Marino's in this situation. O'Brien was a head scratcher. Darnold was the no doubt 100% correct pick at the time for the Jets.

In the grand scheme of things O' Brien was not the pick to make but it was not a head scratcher. There was much talk leading up to the draft that Marino would fall due to Drug /Alcohol issues . There was also talk the Jets were very interested In Kenny O'brien weeks before the draft. For whatever reason the Jets listened to the rumors on Marino and so did a lot of other teams. For all we know it could have been that scumbag Shula starting the rumors since that POS had no problems cheating why not start crap about Marino.

In 86 when the Jets were 10-1 and basically destroying every team they faced no one was complaining until O"brien basically blew his arm out and half the damn team  got injured in a two week period. Either way he was playing at an elite level up until game 11 when he seemed to fall off the planet we found out later he damaged his arm by over practicing and he never seemed to recover.

Archived