This Team Desperately Needs A Weapon On Offense. Who’s Your Top Guy Draft/FA?

New York Mick

Le’Veon Bell and it isn’t even close.

You could make the argument that Enunwa is the best WR set to hit the market. His only real competition comes in the form of guys like Tyrell Williams and Cole Beasley.

The basic offseason plan is a simple one for me...sign Bell, sign two edgerushers, re-sign Enunwa, draft Jonah Williams in Round 1 and a combo of WR/RB/OL in the 3rd.

It’s a pretty damn good start, especially if you add a competent coach like Shanahan or Harbaugh to the mix.

Afaics, There’s no Randy Moss in the draft..  there are   a bunch of solid players at skill positions that could be ok starters.  Some good slot receivers in particular.

This draft has a lot of pass rushers, not so much Oline or WR...

Just now, Untouchable said:

Le’Veon Bell and it isn’t even close.

You could make the argument that Enunwa is the best WR set to hit the market. His only real competition comes in the form of guys like Tyrell Williams and Cole Beasley.

The basic offseason plan is a simple one for me...sign Bell, sign two edgerushers, draft Jonah Williams in Round 1 and a combo of WR/RB/OL in the 3rd.

It’s a pretty damn good start, especially if you add a competent coach like Shanahan or Harbaugh to the mix.

I keep hearing Harbaugh name for college teams. 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I would not be displeased at all with an offseason that included Tevin Coleman and Devin Funchess.  Funchess isn't a #1, but probably better than a lot of 2s.  He an Enunwa would be a good start to an improved WR corp.

Coleman yes. Funchess, no. No capacity to find separation. Slow as molasses. If you watch the Panthers it is pretty clear he is fourth in the pecking order behind McCaffrey, DJ Moore and Olsen for targets from Newton.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Coleman yes. Funchess, no. No capacity to find separation. Slow as molasses. If you watch the Panthers it is pretty clear he is fourth in the pecking order behind McCaffrey, DJ Moore and Olsen for targets from Newton.

I put very little stock in where he is in Carolina's target pecking order.  If you do, I won't argue.

I'm a firm believer in diversity of skill set among position groups.  The Jets lack a big bodied, sure handed receiver.  Funchess fits that bill.  If you are bringing Enunwa and potentially Anderson, you need someone who compliments them.  

We need a pass rusher 1st, we can buy some offense, Bell, WR, draft a Center in 3rd, Herndons coming on & will be that much better with weapons around him. 

You draft Bosa or Zack Allen, sign Fowler or Dee Ford, you can use every other assets on offense! That’s 75 million & 6 draft picks for offense & that’s AFTER signing Bell & Fowler or Ford. 

Archived