Jaguars fire OC

jetstream23

Jaguars fire Nathaniel Hackett after falling to 3-8

The Jacksonville Jaguars fired offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett on Monday after the team lost its seventh straight game Sunday.

"We would like to thank Nathaniel for his hard work and dedication to the Jaguars organization, and we wish him and his family the best moving forward." coach Doug Marrone said in a statement. "These are always tough decisions, but as the head coach, I have to do what I think is best for this football team."

Hackett was in his his third season as the Jaguars' offensive coordinator. He also was Marrone's offensive coordinator with the Buffalo Bills in 2013-14.

The Jaguars started the season 3-1, including an a victory over the New England Patriots, but have fallen to 3-8 and are in last place in the AFC South a season after reaching the AFC Championship Game.

The Jaguars rank 21st in the NFL in total offense with 3,811 yards but are 28th overall in points per game with a 17.9 average. The Jaguars finished 5th in scoring last season (26.0) en route to a 10-6 record and an AFC South title. Their decrease of 8.1 points per game is the largest drop of any team from last season to this season.

Quarterback Blake Bortles has struggled this season after signing a three-year extension last offseason with just 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Bortles, who was benched in a game against the Houston Texans last month, has thrown at least 10 interceptions in each of his five NFL seasons. He is completing 60.4 percent of his pass attempts but his 6.97 yards per completion are ranked 29th overall in the NFL.

The Jaguars have also played most of this season without running back Leonard Fournette, who has missed six games because of injuries.

Son of former Jets coach Paul Hackett.

Waiting for "Hire Hackett" threads in 3....2.......

If you're thinking of starting one please just stick the post in the Hire John Morton thread.

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

last season this guy was being hailed as the next coming of _________.  now he's out.  i'm no fan of hiring legacies as coaches.  i can't imagine hack job jr. coming to the jets in any case.

It’s that way with a bunch of these guys.

Just 2 years ago Teryl Austin was being interviewed left and right for HC gigs and now he’s at home on his ass after being fired by Cincy just halfway through his first season there.

This is the first time ever that I’m fully on the “retread” bandwagon for HC. Go get me someone who has proven that they can do this head coaching sh*t at a competent level.

For every Sean McVay or Matt Nagy there are 30 of these other “prodigy’s” who are disasters once they step out of the shadows and start running the show.

15 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

How many RB's get the most carries of their career at 31?? This is also a guy that called the Jets a bottom of the barrel team who didn't really like football and he's a hero?? LOL

What's wrong with saying jets are a "bottom of the barrel" team? Are you trying to argue that they're a top notch, model franchise ?

26 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s that way with a bunch of these guys.

Just 2 years ago Teryl Austin was being interviewed left and right for HC gigs and now he’s at home on his ass after being fired by Cincy just halfway through his first season there.

This is the first time ever that I’m fully on the “retread” bandwagon for HC. Go get me someone who has proven that they can do this head coaching sh*t at a competent level.

For every Sean McVay or Matt Nagy there are 30 of these other “prodigy’s” who are disasters once they step out of the shadows and start running the show.

I agree.  I like Ken Wisenhunt.  Was a ridiculous santonio holmes catch away from a super bowl.

He is an offensive guy and has the chargers offense playing at a ridiculous level.

57 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

How many RB's get the most carries of their career at 31?? This is also a guy that called the Jets a bottom of the barrel team who didn't really like football and he's a hero?? LOL

How many fans continue to whine about why their HOF RB isn't a hero.  If he didn't lov football, as many players dont, you've come up with another reason to whine.  One ridiculous comp,ain't after another to overlook what he actually accomplished.  I'll never get it.  Sorry

32 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Interesting to me that the Jets, Jaguars and Giants are 3-8 and the Jets, by logic, should be the least disappointed, expectations wise.

The Giants roster is extremely talented.  They're missing a QB and their coaching is dog poop, but they draft well.

The Jags roster is talented.  They're missing a QB and their coaching is dog poop, but they draft well.

The Jets roster is a dumpster fire.  They only have a potential franchise QB and their coaching, GM and owners are dog poop.

Just now, TheGreenGhost said:

The Giants roster is extremely talented.  They're missing a QB and their coaching is dog poop, but they draft well.

The Jags roster is talented.  They're missing a QB and their coaching is dog poop, but they draft well.

The Jets roster is a dumpster fire.  They only have a potential franchise QB and their coaching, GM and owners are dog poop.

Oh really? 

Archived