N'Keal Henry Enters 2019 NFL Draft

joewilly12

N'Keal Harry Enters 2019 NFL Draft, Will Skip Senior Year at Arizona State

TYLER CONWAYNOVEMBER 26, 2018

Arizona State wide receiver N'Keal Harry (1) watches a video replay on the stadium scoreboard during the second half of an NCAA college football game against UCLA, Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, in Tempe, Ariz. (AP Photo/Ralph Freso)
Ralph Freso/Associated Press

Arizona State wide receiver N'Keal Harry announced Monday his intention to enter the 2019 NFL draft, wherein he could be the top player off the board at his position.

The junior recorded 73 receptions for 1,088 yards and nine touchdowns this season. He is the No. 28 player on the big board of Bleacher Report's Matt Miller.

Listed at 6'4" and 213 pounds, Harry has the elite size necessary to be a threat in the red zone and flashed some big-play ability in the last two years.

"When you're that big and that fast ... that really is a different dynamic," Oregon coach Mario Cristobal said, per the Oregonian's James Crepea. "It's a different type of athlete that tackling that is a lot harder. Getting hands on someone like that is a lot harder. Trying to play to the ball when the ball is high and he's trying to high-point, it's a lot more difficult. Then I think what he doesn't get enough credit for is how he blocks on the perimeter. He'll get after you like a big tight end would."

Given the importance of elite receivers, Harry is a first-round lock and could ascend into the top 10 if he performs well in individual drills at the NFL Scouting Combine. He doesn't have the type of jaw-dropping production that got Amari Cooper into the top five or Calvin Johnson's physical skills, but Harry's a good prospect who doesn't have many weaknesses.

Plenty of the teams drafting near the bottom of the first round need a receiver. If Harry bulks up to 220 pounds and stars at the combine, he should be the top guy off the board.

Love me some Harry... Just did one of those crazy First-Pick drafts and took the following haul after two trade backs... 

Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (BUF): Harry, NKeal, WR, Arizona State (B)
Round 2 Pick 7 (ATL): Edwards, David, OT, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 9 (BUF): Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 4: Snell Jr, Benny, RB, Kentucky (B+)
Round 3 Pick 6 (ATL): McGovern, Connor, C, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 31: Jelks, Jalen, DE/OLB, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4: Gustin, Porter, OLB, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 4: Scharping, Max, OT, Northern Illinois (A)
Round 7 Pick 3: Adderley, Nassir, CB, Delaware (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Alaka, Otaro, ILB, Texas AM (A+)

After flopping on Devin Smith, Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen the biggest question the Jets have is whether they can accurately evaluate WR prospects.  Size and speed are great, and we all know that great hands and precise route-running are the "secret sauce" to a WR having success in the NFL (see Jerricho Cotchery, Anquan Boldin, etc.).....but can Maccagnan find those guys?  He has not been able to effectively project how a successful college WR will be once he gets to the NFL.  Smith is a bit of an outlier since he was injured, but Hansen and Stewart were complete swings and misses that have been incredibly costly to this team.  The Jets needed to hit on just one of those guys to start someone opposite Enunwa and they didn't.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

After flopping on Devin Smith, Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen the biggest question the Jets have is whether they can accurately evaluate WR prospects.  Size and speed are great, and we all know that great hands and precise route-running are the "secret sauce" to a WR having success in the NFL (see Jerricho Cotchery, Anquan Boldin, etc.).....but can Maccagnan find those guys?  He has not been able to effectively project how a successful college WR will be once he gets to the NFL.  Smith is a bit of an outlier since he was injured, but Hansen and Stewart were complete swings and misses that have been incredibly costly to this team.  The Jets needed to hit on just one of those guys to start someone opposite Enunwa and they didn't.

he's not just struggled to evaluate WRs, he's straight up allergic to them..

Have you EVER heard of a GM on a team like this taking 2 WRs in early/mid rounds and then cutting them both before year two?? That's fcking atrocious!

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

he's not just struggled to evaluate WRs, he's straight up allergic to them..

Have you EVER heard of a GM on a team like this taking 2 WRs in early/mid rounds and then cutting them both before year two?? That's fcking atrocious!

It's pretty bad.  But wouldn't it have been worse to keep them?  I'm glad that he at least admits his mistakes.  It would be very, very bad if either (or both) of those guys were taking up roster spots and getting paid.  I do have admiration for people who raise their hands and say, "I screwed the pooch on that!"

They were just bad picks, like Hackenberg.  I'm glad they're gone.  We need to draft better.....but don't compound a bad draft pick by keeping it around.  Some GMs go down with their ship by holding on too long because they think, "well, just one more year and he'll come around."

It's pretty bad.  But wouldn't it have been worse to keep them?  I'm glad that he at least admits his mistakes.  It would be very, very bad if either (or both) of those guys were taking up roster spots and getting paid.  I do have admiration for people who raise their hands and say, "I screwed the pooch on that!"
They were just bad picks, like Hackenberg.  I'm glad they're gone.  We need to draft better.....but don't compound a bad draft pick by keeping it around.  Some GMs go down with their ship by holding on too long because they think, "well, just one more year and he'll come around."

As always, you bring reason to the table. I agree, he is willing to cut bait which is the right move... My calling attention to cutting those 2 was meant to emphasize how poorly his WR evaluation skillz have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If only he realized Hackenberg sucked a season earlier.  

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree that I would rather see him make the move quickly when he makes a mistake.  And it would not be so bad if it was just one or two guys in 4 years.  But the list of guys he has drafted who were quickly out of the league in less than 4 years is ridiculous: Hack, Jarvis Harrison, Stewart, Hansen, Burris, Petty, Smith, Mauldin.  That is over 25% of our draft picks. 

When the best thing you can say about a guy is that he recognizes his numerous mistakes early and moves on, then it is time to move on from him as well.

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I wonder if they both were drafted because they fit what Morton wanted to do offensively, and then when Bates changed the offense ever so slightly they just didn’t fit in anymore?  Either way Macc looks as bad as a GM can look when you go through the 2017 NFL draft alone never mind all his drafts.

I haven’t been screaming for his head, or calling for his head either way, but TBH it’s very difficult to argue a case for him, and that doesn’t matter because it sounds like the Jets have verbally communicated to him he is safe, HOPEFULLY that changes when the Jets give the whistle to Harbaugh (John), Kubiak, and Pagano!

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I wonder if they both were drafted because they fit what Morton wanted to do offensively, and then when Bates changed the offense ever so slightly they just didn’t fit in anymore?  Either way Macc looks as bad as a GM can look when you go through the 2017 NFL draft alone never mind all his drafts.

I haven’t been screaming for his head, or calling for his head either way, but TBH it’s very difficult to argue a case for him, and that doesn’t matter because it sounds like the Jets have verbally communicated to him he is safe, HOPEFULLY that changes when the Jets give the whistle to Harbaugh (John), Kubiak, and Pagano!

If they were good WRs but just not a fit for our scheme then I’d think they would have caught on with other teams. I think they’re simply not NFL caliber players. Didn’t Hansen end up in NE for a few weeks then got cut?

I like Harry a good amount, and admittedly I haven't watched much tape on him.  I saw a couple of highlight videos (I know I know), and I was kind of disappointed by his lack of separation.  The scouting reports had him running 4.4, but he seemed to have a of contested situations down the field.  

The main issue with McCagnan seems to be that he actually thinks of himself as a super scout after the first round.  I'm not saying looking back it's a reach, just based on projections at the time

2015: Devin Smith (I thought it was a reach, but admittedly I'm an idiot, I wanted Dorial Green Beckham)

2016:  Hackenberg, Burris 

2017: Stewart (With Godwin on the board was asinine), Hansen

It's like he has to pick some guy ranked lower in a higher round to prove his mettle.  

10 hours ago, win4ever said:

I like Harry a good amount, and admittedly I haven't watched much tape on him.  I saw a couple of highlight videos (I know I know), and I was kind of disappointed by his lack of separation.  The scouting reports had him running 4.4, but he seemed to have a of contested situations down the field.  

The main issue with McCagnan seems to be that he actually thinks of himself as a super scout after the first round.  I'm not saying looking back it's a reach, just based on projections at the time

2015: Devin Smith (I thought it was a reach, but admittedly I'm an idiot, I wanted Dorial Green Beckham)

2016:  Hackenberg, Burris 

2017: Stewart (With Godwin on the board was asinine), Hansen

It's like he has to pick some guy ranked lower in a higher round to prove his mettle.  

+100. The Hackenberg pick always felt like a vanity pick by a guy who had just won executive of the year and wanted to show everyone how good of a scout he was. 

I cant say I've watched a single second of Harry but what I've read of him, I dont like.  Seems like a stiff, straight line speed type of player and not the ultra twitchy type of WR that succeeds in the NFL today.

That said and the complete opposite of that, Deebo Samuel is skipping the bowl and declared and to that I say, hell yes, all day, do it now Tanny!!!

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Lith said:

I agree that I would rather see him make the move quickly when he makes a mistake.  And it would not be so bad if it was just one or two guys in 4 years.  But the list of guys he has drafted who were quickly out of the league in less than 4 years is ridiculous: Hack, Jarvis Harrison, Stewart, Hansen, Burris, Petty, Smith, Mauldin.  That is over 25% of our draft picks. 

When the best thing you can say about a guy is that he recognizes his numerous mistakes early and moves on, then it is time to move on from him as well.

If only Woody or Chris Johnson had this attribute. 

21 hours ago, win4ever said:

Treadwell

14 hours ago, maury77 said:

+100. The Hackenberg pick always felt like a vanity pick by a guy who had just won executive of the year and wanted to show everyone how good of a scout he was. 

Yeah, he seems to pick up guys earlier than projected consistently.  And most of it doesn't work out.  

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Treadwell

Yeah, that was my fear too.  He seems great at catching passes, but even a guy like Mike Williams hasn't made the impact of a top 7 pick, and I thought he was amazing at 50/50 passes.  Guys need to create separation at some point.  

Archived