Which Players To Keep Next Year?

Ken Schroy

After the CS purge. (I would like to see McScaggnan gone as well)

My very short List:

Keepers - Sam Darnold QB, Jamal Adams SS, Marcus Maye FS, Quincy Enunwa WR, Chris Herndon TE, Spencer Long LG, Henry Anderson DT

On The Bubble - Beachum, Shell, All the LB's, Davis Webb, Leonard (wake when its over) Williams, Brian (it wasn't me) winters, Isiah Crowell

Want Gone - Trumaine (the thief) Johnson, Claiborne, Buster (you cant get way from me) Skrine, Carpenter, Elijah (stone hands) McGuire, Robbie (I cant go over the middle) Anderson, Jermaine (out of bounds) Kearse, Charone (I suck) Peake

Feel free to make changes.

This has to be the earliest I have ever done this, and that's saying something.

26 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Want Gone - Trumaine (the thief) Johnson, Claiborne, Buster (you cant get way from me) Skrine, Carpenter, Elijah (stone hands) McGuire, Robbie (I cant go over the middle) Anderson, Jermaine (out of bounds) Kearse, Charone (I suck) Peake

You have to ask yourself what happened to Trumaine. He was considered one of the best press corners the previous year. Why does he suck so much this year? Doesn't care? Hurt? Given Up? Not used correctly? - you have to wonder if he plays better next year under a different coaching staff.

Kearse isn't great and made some mistakes, but on a team without a ton of play makers, he isn't bad. Peake is great on ST. Robbie Anderson may not be great over the middle, so why put him in that position. For me, it depends entirely on how much money he wants.

You can replace the entire roster - even marginal players have a role.

15 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

You have to ask yourself what happened to Trumaine. He was considered one of the best press corners the previous year. Why does he suck so much this year? Doesn't care? Hurt? Given Up? Not used correctly? - you have to wonder if he plays better next year under a different coaching staff.

Kearse isn't great and made some mistakes, but on a team without a ton of play makers, he isn't bad. Peake is great on ST. Robbie Anderson may not be great over the middle, so why put him in that position. For me, it depends entirely on how much money he wants.

I've noticed we often have press guys play soft. Like 10 yard cushion soft consistently.

20 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Always beware the DB or corner who looks good and A:  Is on a team with a dominant pass rush and B: The team he is leaving is letting him walk and going after other high price corners.

My worry is who we are going to overpay to replace some of these guys.

Other than possibly getting bell who are we picking up?  If we miss on bell i can see us over paying for tevin coleman or ingram

I can see us over paying for a pass rusher like dee ford

The 0line crop is awful as it is most years.

Williamson and Adams are the two defensive guys I don’t want to go anywhere.  Both play with high intensity and never take a play off.  I’d also keep Maye and Henry Anderson.  Maybe Leonard Williams.  

I would get rid of Skrine (he is consistently inconsistent) and Trumaine Johnson right away (reality is Johnson is staying here another two years)  

Offense I would cut Anderson (bad attitude), Crowell, Beachum, and Long.  

I’d keep Darnold, Shell, Enunwa, Kearse (he’s good as a third or fourth receiver), Powell and Herndon.  

3 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Keepers - Sam Darnold QB, Jamal Adams SS, Marcus Maye FS, Quincy Enunwa WR, Chris Herndon TE, Spencer Long LG, Henry Anderson DT

On The Bubble - Beachum, Shell, All the LB's, Davis Webb, Leonard (wake when its over) Williams, Brian (it wasn't me) winters, Isiah Crowell

Keepers: Darnold, , Enunwa, Herndon, McGuire, Shell, Winters,  H. Anderson, Williamson, Lee, Williams, Shepherd, Pennel, T Johnson, Adams, Maye

On the Bubble: Beachum, Jenkins, Webb, McCown, Crowell, Leggett,, Skrine, Long, Pearse.

Want Gone:: Carpenter, R. Anderson, Kearse, Cannon

I don't understand how you can have Long in your "keep" pile and McGuire in your "gone" pile.

I'm a big fan of Andre Roberts as a kick returner ... Nice to not have my heart in my throat every time the punts/kick offs are being caught

like Kearse as a reasonable priced #3 WR

keep Lachlan Edwards

have trouble with the idea of keeping Spencer due to the atrocious snaps ... But I am unable to judge him fairly on just his blocking ability ... So am ok with a move of him to OG

2 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

After the CS purge. (I would like to see McScaggnan gone as well)

My very short List:

Feel free to make changes.

This has to be the earliest I have ever done this, and that's saying something.

Keep the keepers.

Keep the bubblers, except I would not pay Williams real money.  He will be very good next year, his option year.  Then maybe you trade him for a second.  We may end up drafting another DL.   Winters has 2 years left on his contract, and Beachum and Shell 1.  They will play better next year.  

Get rid of the goners, except that TruJo gets another year, but the Jets should consider cutting him in 2020 when his cap hit is manageable and they save cash.  With that being said, TruJo also has a good year next year.  

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Williamson and Adams are the two defensive guys I don’t want to go anywhere.  Both play with high intensity and never take a play off.  I’d also keep Maye and Henry Anderson.  Maybe Leonard Williams.  

I would get rid of Skrine (he is consistently inconsistent) and Trumaine Johnson right away (reality is Johnson is staying here another two years)  

I’d keep Darnold, Shell, Enunwa, Kearse (he’s good as a third or fourth receiver), Powell and Herndon.  

Not being snarky. Can you explain why you and others think it’s a good idea to resign Leo to what would be a pretty big contract? I think his level of production could be filled much cheaper with someone else. Then again, I’m no game film buff, am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

Keepers: Darnold, , Enunwa, Herndon, McGuire, Shell, Winters,  H. Anderson, Williamson, Lee, Williams, Shepherd, Pennel, T Johnson, Adams, Maye

On the Bubble: Beachum, Jenkins, Webb, McCown, Crowell, Leggett,, Skrine, Long, Pearse.

Want Gone:: Carpenter, R. Anderson, Kearse, Cannon

I don't understand how you can have Long in your "keep" pile and McGuire in your "gone" pile.

McGuire cant catch for sh*t. Long as a guard only.

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not being snarky. Can you explain why you and others think it’s a good idea to resign Leo to what would be a pretty big contract? I think his level of production could be filled much cheaper with someone else. Then again, I’m no game film buff, am I missing something here?

We already picked up his option for next season.  While he’s made comments that Bowles leaving could affect his free agency status I still believe he could excel with another coach/coordinator.   While I feel terrible about the situation Kacey Rogers has going on, the two games he didn’t coach our defense played great.  

I wouldn’t sign him to a massive deal but would let him play his option year. 

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Kearse has 100% punched his ticket out of town with his play this year.  He has been pure awful outside of the last game.

9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I've noticed we often have press guys play soft. Like 10 yard cushion soft consistently.

yep.  even revis, under bowles, played off.  these guys aren't doing this because they want to but because they are being told that's where they need to play.  maybe on some schemes it's the right place to be but imo i'd rather see them playing up on the line giving the receiver a nice bump at the line.

Using cap dollars to sign a DT next year for much less than what Leo Williams agent will want. Now if you can sign him based on his production than I'm fine with it.

As far as Lee goes, just look what Belichick & Daniels did to the Jets using the run game! 

Archived