Le’Veon Bell Hints At Wanting to Play W/ Andrew Luck and Colts

Patriot Killa

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Le'Veon Bell speculates about playing with Andrew Luck, sparking Colts rumors

Le’Veon Bell failed to report to the Steelers by the deadline, and did not sign his franchise tender, so it’s safe to say his tenure in Pittsburgh has come to a close.

And while there’s still five weeks of regular-season play remaining in the NFL’s 2018 campaign, Bell is already beginning to look toward to next spring, as he prepares to test the free-agent market.

An interesting social media exchange took place when the NFL posted a photo of Andrew Luck on Instagram, pointing out that he had thrown 3+ touchdowns in eight consecutive games. Bell commented on it, and had this to say:

43285F4C-8649-4EA5-AC11-98F17362BC04.jpeg

Of course Bell would want to play for the Colts, a team that could use a veteran running back to pair with Marlon Mack/Nyheim Hines, with arguably the best offensive line in the NFL. Not only that, he’d be playing behind Luck.

The fit makes sense on paper, but it remains to be seen if the new Colts regime would be interested in Bell’s off-field issues.

Are we really going to do this? Analyze every piece of social media and try and discern from it?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Offer Bell more $$$ than everybody else, hope he comes to play for the Jets...

Make him an offer he can't refuse. 

Otherwise the Jets will be forced to fill the fraud agency cap space with more trash like Trumaine Johnson.

Pass on Bell.  Expensive, plays a non-premium position and doesn’t even want to come here he’s even said so publicly

I’d rather spend that money on upgrading the offensive and defensive lines and signing a legit slot receiver like Golden Tate

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Pass on Bell.  Expensive, plays a non-premium position and doesn’t even want to come here he’s even said so publicly

I’d rather spend that money on upgrading the offensive and defensive lines and signing a legit slot receiver like Golden Tate

This is the right idea... in theory.  But in reality, it will fail.  The good pass rushers usually wind up resigning with their existing teams.  The guy on the Chiefs, Ford?  Their defense is terrible.  Terrible.  How good can he be?  If their defense is this bad, and they let him leave... it should be a HUGE red flag that he isn't very good.  Maybe Clowney hits the market,  but he will cost some exorbitant Suh like deal... and for what?  9 sacks per year?   Do either of those guys help Darnold?   No....

The offensive linemen available will be mediocre at best.  I have posted the 2018 crop a few times.   Look them up yourself.  Macc has gone the fraud agency OL route for 3 years now.  How has that worked out? The 2019 crop won't be worth it either.  Teams keep the good ones, they let the flawed ones walk. 

Le'Veon Bell is a star offensive player.  He is what the Jets need.  Draft OL, Draft a pass rusher... maybe sign a lower tier situational rusher too.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Le'Veon Bell speculates about playing with Andrew Luck, sparking Colts rumors

Le’Veon Bell failed to report to the Steelers by the deadline, and did not sign his franchise tender, so it’s safe to say his tenure in Pittsburgh has come to a close.

And while there’s still five weeks of regular-season play remaining in the NFL’s 2018 campaign, Bell is already beginning to look toward to next spring, as he prepares to test the free-agent market.

An interesting social media exchange took place when the NFL posted a photo of Andrew Luck on Instagram, pointing out that he had thrown 3+ touchdowns in eight consecutive games. Bell commented on it, and had this to say:

43285F4C-8649-4EA5-AC11-98F17362BC04.jpeg

Of course Bell would want to play for the Colts, a team that could use a veteran running back to pair with Marlon Mack/Nyheim Hines, with arguably the best offensive line in the NFL. Not only that, he’d be playing behind Luck.

The fit makes sense on paper, but it remains to be seen if the new Colts regime would be interested in Bell’s off-field issues.

As a side note, This is really making Matt Stafford look like complete garbage. Eric Ebron looked like a complete waste of a pick when drafted by Detroit. He gets with Luck and is looking like an all-pro TE. 

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Can't blame him here. Nicer place to play, quieter place to live, better QB, better OL, nicer fans, much easier division.

The Jets can offer Darnold, who can be just as good as Luck and is younger, and more money. If he's also the Jet fan he claimed to be then there's that too.

Most of what you said is true, with the exception of the easier division. That division could be the best in football next year if the Jags get a QB, Luck stays healthy, and the Texans continue to improve. I would think the AFC East will be ripe for the takeover. 

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This is the right idea... in theory.  But in reality, it will fail.  The good pass rushers usually wind up resigning with their existing teams.  The guy on the Chiefs, Ford?  Their defense is terrible.  Terrible.  How good can he be?  If their defense is this bad, and they let him leave... it should be a HUGE red flag that he isn't very good.  Maybe Clowney hits the market,  but he will cost some exorbitant Suh like deal... and for what?  9 sacks per year?   Do either of those guys help Darnold?   No....

The offensive linemen available will be mediocre at best.  I have posted the 2018 crop a few times.   Look them up yourself.  Macc has gone the fraud agency OL route for 3 years now.  How has that worked out? The 2019 crop won't be worth it either.  Teams keep the good ones, they let the flawed ones walk. 

Le'Veon Bell is a star offensive player.  He is what the Jets need.  Draft OL, Draft a pass rusher... maybe sign a lower tier situational rusher too.

I'm with you. Where do we grab a receiver - the draft? If we're lucky, we trade back and collect another pick - don't go too far back, and then go OL, WR, OL - especially if we can grab one of the guys in free agency to rush the passer. Add Bell and we could contend right away.

37 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'm with you. Where do we grab a receiver - the draft? If we're lucky, we trade back and collect another pick - don't go too far back, and then go OL, WR, OL - especially if we can grab one of the guys in free agency to rush the passer. Add Bell and we could contend right away.

Well... Spending $13 or $14M per on guys like Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins is not the answer.   That is what happened this past spring. 

First, let me say that I believe the pair of Robby and Enunwa is a better start than many around here seem to think.  Throw in Herndon too.

Now, Tyrell Williams will get a deal for at least $10M per.  Too much!  He is no better than Robby.   The difference is QB play. 

The Jets have to look for a more savvy second wave WR signing, IF... IF...they decide to purchase one.  Like a John Brown, Taylor Gabriel, or Albert Wilson.  All way overpaid... but the top tickets will be egregiously overpaid.

I think your "contend right away" is premature.  2020 is the best case scenario to contend.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

If the Jets let Bell go anywhere else it's a colossal error by the FO. 

This couldn't more Kirk Cousins 2.0.... Jet fans completely ignoring the fact that the player has choice in this - and may not want to play here. Why would he? If another is willing to give him similar money -- and Bell is hoping to reup in 2021 for his last payday ... LOL he ain't picking the jets.

Barring a HUGE splash coach/Gm change. Bell is not going to end up here. Just like Kirk wasn't going to end up, etc etc.

We're losers. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

This couldn't more Kirk Cousins 2.0.... Jet fans completely ignoring the fact that the player has choice in this - and may not want to play here. Why would he? If another is willing to give him similar money -- and Bell is hoping to reup in 2021 for his last payday ... LOL he ain't picking the jets.

Barring a HUGE splash coach/Gm change. Bell is not going to end up here. Just like Kirk wasn't going to end up, etc etc.

We're losers. 

I'm a loser
I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be
Of all the love I have won, and have lost
There is one love I should never have crossed
She was a girl in a million my friend
I should have known she would win in the end
I'm a loser
And I lost someone who's near to me
I'm a loser
Although I laugh and I act like a clown
Beneath this mask I am wearing a frown
My tears are falling like rain from the sky
Is it for her or myself that I cry?
I'm a loser
I'm a loser
What

Just now, The Crusher said:
I'm a loser
I'm a loser
Of all the love I have won, and have lost
There is one love I should never have crossed
She was a girl in a million my friend
I should have known she would win in the end
I'm a loser
I'm a loser
Although I laugh and I act like a clown
Beneath this mask I am wearing a frown
My tears are falling like rain from the sky
Is it for her or myself that I cry?
I'm a loser
I'm a loser
What

i'm not talking to you.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Well... Spending $13 or $14M per on guys like Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins is not the answer.   That is what happened this past spring. 

First, let me say that I believe the pair of Robby and Enunwa is a better start than many around here seem to think.  Throw in Herndon too.

Now, Tyrell Williams will get a deal for at least $10M per.  Too much!  He is no better than Robby.   The difference is QB play. 

The Jets have to look for a more savvy second wave WR signing, IF... IF...they decide to purchase one.  Like a John Brown, Taylor Gabriel, or Albert Wilson.  All way overpaid... but the top tickets will be egregiously overpaid.

I think your "contend right away" is premature.  2020 is the best case scenario to contend.

I really think our D is closer than people think and our division is getting worse. The Pats are not going to be elite next year. If 5-6 is currently on the bubble for a playoff spot, we should be able to compete right away. 

10 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I really think our D is closer than people think and our division is getting worse. The Pats are not going to be elite next year. If 5-6 is currently on the bubble for a playoff spot, we should be able to compete right away. 

I think a stretch... but acknowledge it's  possible.   Depends on the new coach, and how he meshes with Darnold. 

56 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Again. He is going to the highest bidder. Period.  Whoever bids the most and can afford it. QB will be a distant second. He has made that very clear

You mean like how Cousins went to the highest bidder?

And btw the jets signing  cousins made way more sense

Well it remains to be seen if Bell will want to play on turf. Even though it is rated the best indoor surface in the League does he want to take the extra punishment playing on the Turf brings? Just ask Megatron about that. I think that may factor into his decision but since Bell seems to be all about the money it may not matter.

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

When I say use the cap room to upgrade the lines I meant to improve the interior (I.E - Paradis, Sheldon Richardson, Iupati)

The guy we need to draft is the OLB from Kentucky Allen

As far as Bell goes, I’m only against signing him because offering $18 mil per to a part time running back doesn’t make sense in today’s nfl

Honestly this would probably be a blessing in disguise. I'm all for Bell because I don't think we'll be able to attract many FAs anyway but paying a RB what he wants is a little silly. Beef up the OL through the draft, LT, C, G with our first 3 picks.

In FA I'd be targeting Coleman and Tate as weapons and then look at Lawrence and Fowler as pass rushers. I think Clowney is going to get the franchise tag.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe, but I'm just saying that the Steelers can function (i.e. win their division) without him. I don't think he's a make or break kind of player

Because Qb and WR are by far the two most important positions in the nfl and the Steelers have both

Archived