John Harbaugh to the Jets?

DetroitRed

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

I would love Harbaugh coming in to take over either as HC or as HC/GM
where he would bring in his own personnel guy.  The most important question
for him would be who would he bring in as his OC

I’d be fine with “keeping Mac as GM” if it were really just to neuter him and shame him till he is let go. Give the head coach total control/final and stick it to Mac. I’d at least enjoy that. 

• Thumb Down 1

His offenses have been habitually middle of the road.  Over his 11 seasons they've averaged 15th in points and 18th in yards.  If you're looking for someone to groom your Franchise QB he's really not your guy.  Flacco hasn't improved at all after their Super Bowl win.  They've been top 10 in points once and have never been top 10 in yards.  It doesn't really matter who he gets as an OC, just like with Rex and Bowles, b/c his philosophy on winning is to be run first with a very good defense.  One thing he's had is an elite defense pretty much the entire time he's been there.  But he didn't build that philosophy, Billick did.  The FO is really the one who gets the credit for replenishing the players.  I guess Harbaugh gets credit for not ruining it.  I'm not saying he would be a bad hire I'm just saying he's not the coach you want if you're trying to develop Darnold in my opinion.

His OC's have been:

Cam Cameron

Jim Caldwell

Gary Kubiak

Marc Trestman

Marty Morninweg

That list doesn't really inspire me.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Why can't Johnny bring Zac Taylor or Joe Lombardi in as his OC? If he does that and brings Pagano with him is everybody #HotForHarbaugh?

That would be a good coaching staff.  But ofcourse internet fanboy groupthink dictates we should only hire 20 year old qb coaches to be our HC

Harbaugh would add an adult presence and upgrade the credibility of the Jets organization.

Don't know if giving him personnel helps-he had Ozzie and others doing a good job for him at the Ravens.  Like Parcells, he may not be up for that.  

The Ravens want to win a championship and could conclude that they want a change and someone more offensively oriented.  A DeFellipo could agree to join that organization.  He would be nuts to join the Jets.  

The Jets organization needs rehab.  Marty M is Harbaugh's OC.  Harbaugh and the Johnsons have to find a way to upgrade the OC and QB coaching, and to find a real DC.  Although Harbaugh is an improvement, his type is heading the wrong way in the NFL.  

They would need to figure out the relationship between Harbaugh and the GM/President.  

I don't know whether Harbaugh can take the Jets to the Super Bowl, but he is worth a shot and at worst case be a good next step to improving the organization.  It would say alot for the Johnsons to hire someone of his presence, which means it is likely not to happen.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Boy that Harbaugh sure ruined Joe Flacco.  11 TD's and 0 picks in the postseason on the way to a Lombardi.

PASS

And he’s really sucked against the patriots in the playoffs. 2-1 record and the only loss was because the pats got to switch eligible receivers before the snap without telling anyone

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pennington said:

If we don't care about developing Darnold or actually having a top of the league offense either of the Harbaughs would be a solid choice. The best teams in the league all feature wide open up tempo offenses so sure lets go with another ground and pound jerkoff. I would take a shot at finding the next Sean McVay; lets swing for the fences for once instead of going with the safe boring choice.

Why do so many people think that's all the Ravens do?

Quick, name one NFL team that's passed the ball more often than the Ravens' 40 pass attempts per game over the last 4 years, going from one pass-happy OC to another.

That's with Ozzie furnishing him with even less at WR than the Jets have right now. Hey coach here's your new #1 WR Mike Wallace -- remember, he was serious weapon back in 2011 for the Steelers!

Ground and pound, lol.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Why can't Johnny bring Zac Taylor or Joe Lombardi in as his OC? If he does that and brings Pagano with him is everybody #HotForHarbaugh?

I don’t want anything to do with an OC who has limited or no playcalling experience at all.

That’s a MASSIVE gamble that could turn out screwing Darnold over for good and keeping us stranded up sh*ts river without a paddle for another 5+ years.

If we bring in Harbaugh then I hope he tabs an experienced, respected OC that he has past experience with like Gary Kubiak or Hue Jackson.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I don't even know what that is....    I have a FB account and that's where I draw the line. No Twitter, Instagram or any other social media. Except this site of course.

It’s a wackpacker from the Howard Stern show that uses Periscope. I figured some people here would know what I was talking about haha. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Boy that Harbaugh sure ruined Joe Flacco.  11 TD's and 0 picks in the postseason on the way to a Lombardi.

PASS

So what you're saying is that you'd be happy if Darnold is only as good as Flacco?  Which doesn't guarantee a SB mind you it just guarantees you 3,500 yards, 19 tds and 12 int on average every year.  You'd be happy with that?  From 2008-2012 (The year they won the SB) he averaged 20 TD's & 11 Int.  From 2013 thru 2017 he's averaged 20 Tds & 15 Int.  That's all you want from Darnold?  He's been Top 10 in Yards, TD's, Rating, YPA and Comp % 1 time each and that was in 2010.  8 years ago.  I didn't realize that's all you wanted out of Darnold.  Interesting.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

So what you're saying is that you'd be happy if Darnold is only as good as Flacco?  Which doesn't guarantee a SB mind you it just guarantees you 3,500 yards, 19 tds and 12 int on average every year.  You'd be happy with that?  From 2008-2012 (The year they won the SB) he averaged 20 TD's & 11 Int.  From 2013 thru 2017 he's averaged 20 Tds & 15 Int.  That's all you want from Darnold?  He's been Top 10 in Yards, TD's, Rating, YPA and Comp % 1 time each and that was in 2010.  8 years ago.  I didn't realize that's all you wanted out of Darnold.  Interesting.

The bar is low after Hack Attack and Petty

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t want anything to do with an OC who has limited or no playcalling experience at all.

That’s a MASSIVE gamble that could turn out screwing Darnold over for good and keeping us stranded up sh*ts river without a paddle for another 5+ years.

If we bring in Harbaugh then I hope he tabs an experienced, respected OC that he has past experience with like Gary Kubiak or Hue Jackson.

That's exactly what he does.

Problem is the team's wepponz are meh, and frankly so is Flacco, so they don't seem as respected anymore. His OCs had prior experience with some offenses that put points on the board. Mornhinweg (with and without Reid) was as pass-happy as they get other than his 2 years with Rex. Before him was Trestman who was the league's best new reclamation project when he started out in Chicago. Before him was Kubiak. Before him Caldwell. Before him Cameron.

On the one hand he's gone through a LOT of OCs; on the other hand one concern won't be the HC being loyal to a fault with his coordinators. Certainly not going to can someone because they're passing the ball too much ffs.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

All I want out of Darnold is a Super Bowl...I’m 47 I’m getting too old for this S##t...so YES...I would sign for Flacco’s career right now for Darnold. 

• Upvote 2