John Harbaugh to the Jets?

DetroitRed

35 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bowles and Rodgers are trash.  Should have been fired 2 years ago

I knew this guy was a fraud a long time ago. In fact there on people on here that would criticize me for posting numerous threads regarding my disdain for Bowles & how I felt he was a terrible coach, can not motivate this team, holds no one responsible for mistakes, loses the team every year & how his expertise (defense) has not improved since his arrival & even with most of our assets given to the defense has in fact gotten worse. 

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

True. But some are trying to create a narrative that older coaches can’t get it done. Just not true

Good point, it's not about age it's about mindset and whether someone wants to improve in their craft

Anything involving harbough comes down to who is OC would be.

As far as him being an "old school minded guy" when it comes to offense, nothing gets someone to change their mindset about something faster then being fired.  Ideally, Harbough would bring credibility and accountability to the organization from day 1.  What would be key is him opening his mind and seeing the new landscape of football and finding a young innovative OC to work with Sam.  

One name that isnt well known, but who I personally like is Matt Canada the current coach at Maryland.  The guy was one of the brightest offensive minds in college football 2 years ago and was poached to LSU before clashing with Ogeron.  He then moved to be the OC at Maryland and took over as interim HC for this season.  He is the type of guy who isnt married to a system and would bring a lot of innovation to our offense.  Harbough then could find a veteran QB coach to work with Sam and balance out Canada's youth.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So where is the Super Bowl title?  The facts are still the facts.  

Granted we all want another Super Bowl, but let's just start with getting to the freaking playoffs again! That alone at least makes the season enjoyable. 

Its not easy to win a Super Bowl, so many things have to happen ,health being a huge part of it. Outside of the best QB over the last 18 years in Brady, only Big Ben has 2, the next generation of QBs makes getting there a complete crapshoot but you have to 1st get into the tournament for the chance. 

Watching the Pats Sunday proved to me their window is absolutely OVER if they have to play any road playoff games. They are not getting better, Brady, Gronk, Edelman are all showing their age. They don't POP up like they use to. It's clearly visible the end is near for that group.

Why is everyone assuming John Harbaugh would even want to come here?   Look at who he is used to working with, then look at this team.  Why is it some forgone conclusion that 1) Harbaugh would even want to coach right away 2) Harbaugh would want to come work for Mike Maccagnan and the Johnsons and 3) There won’t be better options for him if he does want to coach again. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Why is everyone assuming John Harbaugh would even want to come here?   Look at who he is used to working with, then look at this team.  Why is it some forgone conclusion that 1) Harbaugh would even want to coach right away 2) Harbaugh would want to come work for Mike Maccagnan and the Johnsons and 3) There won’t be better options for him if he does want to coach again. 

No one on this site has John Harbaugh as a foregone conclusion for the Jets. It's just that many of us are hoping we could land him & bring professionalism and respect back to the organization. We went from Rex & the clown car to Bowles & his stupid silent Mute act on the sideline while Gotham City Football Club (whatever the hell that is) is burning to the ground again.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don't think anyone is assuming he wants to come here, pretty much every post is just looking for hope.

Personally I think the Browns job is the most attractive so we will lose out to them first and foremost. I can't see any reason where we look more attractive than them, I don't want to hear ooo NYC is the greatest city in the world either cause that's just a joke.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think anyone is assuming he wants to come here, pretty much every post is just looking for hope.

Personally I think the Browns job is the most attractive so we will lose out to them first and foremost. I can't see any reason where we look more attractive than them, I don't want to hear ooo NYC is the greatest city in the world either cause that's just a joke.

Williams is doing a decent job, may just stay in house

14 hours ago, varjet said:

Can you imagine if the Jets have to give up any draft picks for Harbaugh?

What does he get paid?  Can you imagine the Johnsons agreeing to pay that?  Plus a real DC and OC?

I hope this happens so I can watch them squirm spending money.  

Why would you have to expend draft picks for someone that has been fired?

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The Browns and Jets are the only teams that there will 100% be an opening.  It's possible that the Packers and Broncos may be looking for one as well.  Going through each team I don't see any other teams that would be looking.  I'm hoping the Browns and Mayfield will play real well the rest of the season and then I don't know how their ownership would be able to get away with not signing Greg Williams as their HC and leaving Kichens in as the OC.  You wouldn't want to disrupt Mayfield's progress by bringing someone else in with a new system if you didn't have to.  That would leave the Jets with their choice of coach.

25 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Browns and Jets are the only teams that there will 100% be an opening.  It's possible that the Packers and Broncos may be looking for one as well.  Going through each team I don't see any other teams that would be looking.  I'm hoping the Browns and Mayfield will play real well the rest of the season and then I don't know how their ownership would be able to get away with not signing Greg Williams as their HC and leaving Kichens in as the OC.  You wouldn't want to disrupt Mayfield's progress by bringing someone else in with a new system if you didn't have to.  That would leave the Jets with their choice of coach.

The Vance Joseph thing in Denver is going to be REAL INTERESTING. I think he stinks & the win over the Steelers is just a fluky NFL road game at Mile High anomaly. If Elway keeps Joseph, I think its like the Jets giving Bowles an extension that was unwarranted. If he fires Vance, he's smarter than the people we have here for sure.

16 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes and the next chance the Ravens got vs the Pats they kept the foot on the pedal, Harbaugh understood you never have enough points with Brady on the other side.

Harbaugh, Kubiak, and Pagano in 19!

You know, I believe it was after that game that Suggs just came out & called the NFL out on the Patriots favoritism. He was funny as hell & just let out all of his frustrations with the refs ect. Good Stuff & he was on point!

• Post of the Week 1

• 1 year later...