Anthony Lynn

drsamuel84

Remember our former running back's coach?  Seems to be doing a pretty damn good job with the Chargers.  An offensive minded coach who was right in our backyard and we let him get away.  Just want to give props to a former Jets coach who's actually doing pretty well as an HC.  Of course having Whisenhunt as his OC def. helps.

Just now, drsamuel84 said:

Remember our former running back's coach?  Seems to be doing a pretty damn good job with the Chargers.  An offensive minded coach who was right in our backyard and we let him get away.  Just want to give props to a former Jets coach who's actually doing pretty well as an HC.  Of course having Whisenhunt as his OC def. helps.

Yup. Got away from Rex, is doing his thing in LA and got the Chargers rolling. I think Rivers completed his first 26 passes against the Cards in route to destroying that team. 

I remember during the beginning of the season, like every season, you look at the Chargers team and you feel like they should be contenders. But for some reason it just doesnt work out that way. This year they could change that narrative. I looked at that team on paper and it's probably the most complete team Rivers has ever had while in his prime. 

7 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Rivers helps too but he's still doing a good job.

31 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Just finished Hard Knocks with the Jets and he comes off as an intelligent guy who gets it. He can push but not be overwhelming. I really like the guy. 

1 hour ago, drsamuel84 said:

I remember at the time, people were like eh on him. Still dont know why Whisenhunt's name doesnt show up more. He got the Cardinals to a Super Bowl for god sakes.

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Rivers/Gordon/Ekler/Allen/Williams/Williams.... That's an elite QB, elite RB and elite WR for him to work with. Any OC that COULDN'T produce with those players should be fired. 

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rivers/Gordon/Ekler/Allen/Williams/Williams.... That's an elite QB, elite RB and elite WR for him to work with. Any OC that COULDN'T produce with those players should be fired. 

Scrolled down to post the same exact thing.

Philip Rivers is a Top 5 NFL QB (and don't try to debate that he isn't) > Sam Darnold

Melvin Gordon > Isaiah Crowell and Eli McGuire

Ekler > Isaiah Crowell and Eli McGuire

Keenan Allen > Every Jets WR

Williams > Every Jets WR (could possibly debate Enunwa but I'd still take Williams)

The Jets do not have a single player on their offense out of 11 who would start for the Chargers.  Not.A.Single.One.

Isaiah Crowell, Quincy Enunwa, Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, Chris Herndon and Sam Darnold would ALL be on the bench if they were Chargers.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Philip Rivers is a Top 5 NFL QB (and don't try to debate that he isn't) > Sam Darnold

Williams > Every Jets WR (could possibly debate Enunwa but I'd still take Williams)

The Jets do not have a single player on their offense out of 11 who would start for the Charger.  Not.A.Single.One.

Isaiah Crowell, Quincy Enunwa, Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, Chris Herndon and Sam Darnold would ALL be on the bench if they were Chargers.

Herndon I think would start. They have ancient Antonio Gates right now

And I think Enunwa would start over Tyrell Williams

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Williams > Every Jets WR

The Jets do not have a single player on their offense out of 11 who would start for the Charger.  Not.A.Single.One.

That ton of talent includes a 3rd rounder and 2 UDFA.  Maybe the Jets would be better off if they had spent some of their money on Okung and Pouncey.  The team is missing Hunter Henry and Forest Lamp has been a non-factor.  Their D may actually be outplaying their O and they are missing Verrett and Bosa just came back. 

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Herndon I think would start. They have ancient Antonio Gates right now

And I think Enunwa would start over Tyrell Williams

Possibly on Herndon but the Chargers still have better (although injured) talent in Hunter Henry.

Again, debatable on Enunwa vs. Tyrell Williams but we're still saying it's not clear whether the Jets #1 WR could be the #2 on the Chargers.

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not only the Chargers, they would be bench warmers on 75%+ of the NFL rosters I bet

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Love Wisenhunt.  He should be the guy we hire.

He has a checkered history but does have some success, and he's from the offensive side of the ball having started his career in Pittsburgh as TE coach.

Like most coaches, he's done well when he's had talent.  Took Arizona to a Super Bowl with Kurt Warner and a Larry Fitzgerald in his prime.  After Warner retired and the team lost some talent he regressed.  Three straight non-playoff years resulted in his firing in 2012.

He did one year with the Chargers in 2013 as Offensive Coordinator and looked great, turning around the Chargers offense and helping them win a playoff game.  But after that one season as OC with the Chargers he was hired as HC again in Tennessee and totally bombed.

Coach Wiz (as they called him out here in Arizona) went 2-14 in his first season (this was after the Titans went 7-9 the year before).  The following year was just as bad.  The Titans started the season 1-6 and fired Wiz in midseason.  So that's a 3-20 record in his last stint as HC before he went back to being an OC with the Chargers in 2016.

Bottom line - He's done well when he's coached multiple Pro Bowlers on offense.  When he hasn't had talent he's looked a lot like Todd Bowles as HC.

First off congrats to Anthony Lynn I wish him the best.

but there's no way Anthony Lynn knows more about coaching than Todd Bowles

the guy was a dim bulb when he was here now he's some great HC? No way. 

Lynn's roster has playmakers and this roster has mostly trash.  He has an ownership with a new stadium opening in 2020 committed to spending to the cap etc and the Jets have an ownership who doesn't give a crap less, literally checked out to another country 3000 miles away.

Todd Bowles is ultimately responsible but it's not the X and O's it's the Jimmy's and Joe's. The Jets roster is like a horse that needs to be taken to the glue factory and the fanbase is obsessed with finding a better jockey. The fact they compete at all is surprising. 

The Jets, as a franchise, are just keeping the lights on. Anthony Lynn in charge of this wouldn't be better and in fact I wonder if a "good" coach would be able to win with this roster. Who is scoring the touchdowns?  

On 11/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, jetstream23 said:

Absolutely.  I posted about that a while ago.  How many Jets starters on offense would start for other NFL teams?  It's a serious question that has a pretty sad answer.

This is why I hate the argument of “Mac has drafted ____ amount of starters so he’s doing well. De facto starters are not true starters. They only start because this team is straight up trash. The entire offense Lee,Jenkins, whoever the other starting OLB is etc...

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Lynn's roster has playmakers and this roster has mostly trash.  He has an ownership with a new stadium opening in 2020 committed to spending to the cap etc and the Jets have an ownership who doesn't give a crap less, literally checked out to another country 3000 miles away.

Todd Bowles is ultimately responsible but it's not the X and O's it's the Jimmy's and Joe's. The Jets roster is like a horse that needs to be taken to the glue factory and the fanbase is obsessed with finding a better jockey. The fact they compete at all is surprising. 

The Jets, as a franchise, are just keeping the lights on. Anthony Lynn in charge of this wouldn't be better and in fact I wonder if a "good" coach would be able to win with this roster. Who is scoring the touchdowns?  

Why would you say Anthony Lynn is dim?  He was hired by the usual HOF suspects - Parcells and Shanahan.  The run game was pretty good when he was with the Jets.  I get that the roster is a huge problem, but Lynn deserves some credit until proven otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why would you say Anthony Lynn is dim?  He was hired by the usual HOF suspects - Parcells and Shanahan.  The run game was pretty good when he was with the Jets.  I get that the roster is a huge problem, but Lynn deserves some credit until proven otherwise. 

Personally, Bowles is the best HC the Johnson's have hired since Parcells/BB/Hess death. I don't think either he or Lynn are dumb. I said Lynn was Dim somewhat sarcastically the way that people say Bowles is dim.  Bowles was hired by Parcells and Reid.

Lynn deserves credit sure and Bowles deserves blame but swap rosters then I'll be impressed.  Mike McCarthy just got fired he has a top 5 QB in all of football, Lynn has Rivers and a million other stars, Bowles has Jason Myers. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Personally, Bowles is the best HC the Johnson's have hired since Parcells/BB/Hess death. I don't think either he or Lynn are dumb. I said Lynn was Dim somewhat sarcastically the way that people say Bowles is dim.  Bowles was hired by Parcells and Reid.

Lynn deserves credit sure and Bowles deserves blame but swap rosters then I'll be impressed.  Mike McCarthy just got fired he has a top 5 QB in all of football, Lynn has Rivers and a million other stars, Bowles has Jason Myers. 

Good point.

In summary, Lynn is winning with a talented roster and a HOF QB.

McCarthy was losing with a mediocre roster but a HOF QB.

Bowles is losing with bad talent and either a rookie QB or an over-the-hill QB.

E348F74C-47B2-49B5-B63B-865F19549AF4.jpeg.af8bdf42dceebdea2739c11207e54469.jpeg

You have quite clearly gone insane.  I honestly cannot even fathom how anyone could have that view.  Okay actually i can.  If a person thought bowles was a great hire and listened to the guys pumping him up and then are the type to REFUSE to admit they were 100% wrong, then maybe.

I was not around for the kotite era but Bowles is magnitudes worse than any other coach this team has had since parcells.  And i say this feeling that rex was pure awful his last 3 years.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You have quite clearly gone insane.  I honestly cannot even fathom how anyone could have that view.  Okay actually i can.  If a person thought bowles was a great hire and listened to the guys pumping him up and then are the type to REFUSE to admit they were 100% wrong, then maybe.

I was not around for the kotite era but Bowles is magnitudes worse than any other coach this team has had since parcells.  And i say this feeling that rex was pure awful his last 3 years.

Bowles is bad as Kotite.  I was there.  I’ve seen both.

This may be the most asinine post I have ever seen on a message board.  To say Bowles has been the best Jets hire at HC since Woody took over is... I'm at a loss for words for how ridiculous that statement is.  Bowles is easily the worst HC we have had since kotite and he's close to kotite

7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

You mean like 3 offensive touchdowns in the last 5 games bad? 

In 1995 we had a stretch of only 6 offensive TDs in 7 games, in that stretch as a team we didn't score more than 17 pts in any single game.  This Bowles era(especially the last 2 years) is so reminiscent of the Kotite era. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

rex ryan is the all time franchise leader in playoff wins

Note i didn't say Bowles was a genius what I said was the best they've found since Groh and I don't think that's an outlandish statement. It's a low bar. 

this will be the 6th coach the Johnsons have hired in less than 20 years. 

the real issue is no one should have faith they can do better. They don't even know what consultant they will hire to find the next coach, let alone who the next coach will be 

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

@Maxman This belongs on Twitter. Perfectly stated.

Archived