For the first time in a very long time....

Smizzy

I can't agree with you Smizzy. This is a step in the right direction, but we are still projecting him to be a good coach and he hasn't even lifted a whistle for us. Also, a coach's role is one thing, but with Bradway in charge of revamping a roster that is nearly capped out, I have felt better about our future in previous years. First time coaches make mistakes and retarded GM's repeat their mistakes, so I can't say this is the "best" I have felt.

I'm not so sure warfish has a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I feel optimistic from the point of view that there is a football "gym rat" in charge now. A guy that will do his homework and get involved in all aspects of game planning and in-game management. This is a radical change from a back slapping, cliche spewing, Jackie Chiles imitating cheerleader.

in all honesty if after the 2005 season you asked me what the top 5 problems were with the Jets - "coaching" wouldn't be on that list.

Yes there is room for an upgrade there but honestly getting Mangini in doesn't make this team any more of an instant winner/collossal loser than it was under Herm.

Could Herm ever win the Super Bowl? who knows? We will find out with KC. But my point is it wasn't really a relevant pressing matter given the current state of the offense.

For the record my top 5 problem list looks something like this:

1) no QB

2) no QB

3) no QB

4) no QB

5) no QB

Herm, Mangini, Lombardi, Jesus, I don't care who is coaching the team you can't win in the NFL with no Qb.

The last time I felt good about this team was when Chad threw the 50 yard incomplete bomb in the preseason. Yeah, I'm an optimist, so friggin' what?

This is a step in the right direction. I just don't get all the non-believers out there. Are they just trying to stir some sh*t up? Or do they honestly think there were better coaching prospects out there? Sorry, doubters, but Bill Walsh, Don Shula, and Chuck Knoll weren't available.

yea I do too Smizzy-I knew that after Edwards was gone we'd hear about what was really happening at Hofstra-lazy players not wanting to hit the weights stuff like that.Mangini won't stand for that crap.What everybody is underestimating though (I think) is how many guys ain't even gonna be here by September-I say 32

in all honesty if after the 2005 season you asked me what the top 5 problems were with the Jets - "coaching" wouldn't be on that list.

Yes there is room for an upgrade there but honestly getting Mangini in doesn't make this team any more of an instant winner/collossal loser than it was under Herm.

Could Herm ever win the Super Bowl? who knows? We will find out with KC. But my point is it wasn't really a relevant pressing matter given the current state of the offense.

1) no QB

2) no QB

3) no QB

4) no QB

5) no QB

Herm, Mangini, Lombardi, Jesus, I don't care who is coaching the team you can't win in the NFL with no Qb.

It's possible. Look at the Bears. Strong running game combined with an agressive defense that causes turnovers. Something we lacked on both ends in 05.

I feel good about the state of the NY jets. I have the feeling evertything is in good hands. Or atleast somewhat competent hands.

Anybody else?

I'm glad that you and a lot of other fans on this board feel good about the direction that the Jets are headed in. Hopefully with Mangini we'll all celebrate a SB victory. But until that day comes, I'll always be pessimist.

I feel good about the state of the NY jets. I have the feeling evertything is in good hands. Or atleast somewhat competent hands.

Anybody else?

I truly hope you are right smiz, i have absolutely no idea how this will work out. A LOT of stuff needs to get worked out this spring/summer. When you look at it, how many teams have the laundry list we do for this offseason? But i am going to remain upbeat for now and see how things unfold.

I feel great about this hire. I know about the roster and cap problems but I firmly believe Mangini and Bradway will look to build the front 7 on defense and the O-Line on offense first and foremost. Basically they will build the team from the inside out. The Jets can compile a lot of picks this year and will bring competition to every position this year with UDFA's, cheap FA's and low round picks. Jet fans especially the younger ones who do not remember the Parcells way of doing things and do not remember that it took a year of full evaluation of the roster before making a final judgement on certain younger and expensive players. I look at D Fat as being in the same boat as Hugh Douglas was. Mangini is probably not 100% sure if he can be used effectively, and if he is tough enough and motivated enough to ever make it. So it may take a year to find out. In one year they will have the roster cleaned up, good, young,hungry, tough players already in the program, and some money to spend. All is looking up, imo.

Anybody else?

I wish that I could say that and believe it, but I can't.

I'm not saying that Manging was a bad hire. I'm not saying he was a good hire. I don't think any of us know right now.

I'll skip his virtues, they have been chronicled in depth on these boards. On the down side, 1) if Mangini was such a hot prospect why were we the only ones to show an interest in him? Given our history, I sure can't say for sure that the Jets know something the rest of the NFL doesn't. 2) if he's such a genius, how was his defense rated only 29th in the league? And do we think for one minute that Belicheck didn't have a hand in any of the schemes or preparation?

Don't interpret this as support for the lying crud that was our coach. It's not. I just think the problem with the Jets goes much deeper than just the coach or GM. You can blame Herm for being lax, and he deserves every bit of that criticism. But until we get someone at the very top who does not condone that attitude, nothing will change.

I hope everyone is right about Mangini and I'm dead wrong. I'm a Jets fan, and have been since they were the Titans. That experience allows me to be a little cynical about the future. Whatever happens though, I'll be there in my green and white every Sunday.

I wish that I could say that and believe it, but I can't.

I'm not saying that Manging was a bad hire. I'm not saying he was a good hire. I don't think any of us know right now.

I'll skip his virtues, they have been chronicled in depth on these boards. On the down side, 1) if Mangini was such a hot prospect why were we the only ones to show an interest in him? Given our history, I sure can't say for sure that the Jets know something the rest of the NFL doesn't. 2) if he's such a genius, how was his defense rated only 29th in the league? And do we think for one minute that Belicheck didn't have a hand in any of the schemes or preparation?

Don't interpret this as support for the lying crud that was our coach. It's not. I just think the problem with the Jets goes much deeper than just the coach or GM. You can blame Herm for being lax, and he deserves every bit of that criticism. But until we get someone at the very top who does not condone that attitude, nothing will change.

I hope everyone is right about Mangini and I'm dead wrong. I'm a Jets fan, and have been since they were the Titans. That experience allows me to be a little cynical about the future. Whatever happens though, I'll be there in my green and white every Sunday.

Both Romeo Crenell & Charlie Weis asked Eric Mangini to go with them last offseason,He chose to stay with Bill and be the DC there.

He has had chances to go other places.

Look...You all missed my point. We all knew what we were getting with Herm. With Mangini the future is a blank slate.

For the first time we aren't getting a Herman Edwards product. That excites me.

I'm not so sure warfish has a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Way to stir the Sh1t kettle DNA :lol::lol:

I have high hopes as well for Mangini. Not that BB is any form of diety, but theres got to be a good reason he kept EM around and systematically elevated him to higher levels of responsibility over 11 years.

1) no QB

2) no QB

3) no QB

4) no QB

5) no QB

I dunno... if Jesus was coaching, he could pull a dual role and also play QB. He's Jesus, after all :wink:

I truly hope you are right smiz, i have absolutely no idea how this will work out. A LOT of stuff needs to get worked out this spring/summer. When you look at it, how many teams have the laundry list we do for this offseason? But i am going to remain upbeat for now and see how things unfold.

joebaby who r them chicks in your avatar. i want to have sex with all of them especially the one with LONGGG hair.

please dont say its your wife and kids please dont

• 1 year later...
I think I want to have the same feeling with regards to Pennington dropping back that I did in the 2002 season... the same feeling I mentioned in a previous thread.

UTTER CONFIDENCE.

Yeah last year got rid of that uneasy feeling that he would get back up... now I want the feeling you have been talking about back... that Peyton Manning pick apart the defense feeling...

5 completions in a row frequently...

Getting inside the 10 and letting Jones pound it in...

I think the recent influx of Pats fans trying to put down the Jets CLEARLY shows that they are realizing that Mangini and company have become a clear threat to their crumbling empire.

I love it !!!!!

So true!

Archived