Kareem Hunt Attacks Woman

prime21

2 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Another investigation just opened that he punched some guy in June as well:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/02/report-nfl-investigating-second-incident-in-which-kareem-hunt-punched-a-man/

Report: NFL investigating second incident in which Kareem Hunt punched a man

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 2, 2018, 6:27 AM EST
gettyimages-901940560-e1522352334350.jpg
Getty Images

Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt is under investigation for more than one violent attack.

Hunt, who was cut by the Chiefs on Friday after video emerged of him punching and kicking a woman in February, is also being investigated by the NFL for an incident in which he punched a man in the face in June, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

If Hunt engaged in a second incident of violence in June, knowing that he was already under scrutiny for the incident in February, that would be the kind of repeat offense that the NFL says its personal conduct policy is designed to prevent. That could mean Hunt will eventually get suspended for more than six games, which the NFL has called the baseline suspension for such incidents.

It is unclear whether the police were involved in the June incident. There have been no reports of Hunt being arrested or facing charges.

But the NFL will suspend even players who aren’t arrested. And if Hunt committed two separate acts of violence, suffice to say he’s going to be suspended for a long time.

Awwww snap!  Time for him to get the Revis lawyer.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say this what he did was wrong but it's not as bad as people say watch the interview with the girl she admitted she called him the n word. Kept pushing his buttons also swung at him and has admitted she was wrong what he did was absolutely wrong and will be suspended but not a career ender why not let the jets pick him up now and let him be punished we wont pay him till after suspension 

Hmm.  A third incident within the last year.

Man told Kansas City Police in January that Kareem Hunt kicked him in bar fight

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 3, 2018, 5:24 PM EST

Kareem Hunt apparently has a habit of kicking people when they’re down, literally.

Hunt, who was caught on tape in February shoving a woman to the ground and kicking her, was also accused of kicking a man who had been knocked down in a bar fight in January.

According to a report filed with the Kansas City Police, a man said he was attacked by Hunt and former Chiefs running back George Atkinson in a Kansas City bar hours after the Chiefs lost to the Titans in a playoff game on January 6. The report says the man told police he was “jumped,” by a group of men that included Atkinson and Hunt, and “was struck on his body and head multiple times with the majority of blows being kicks from the suspects,” according to William Joy of KMBC.

So in January a man told police Hunt kicked him, and then in February Hunt was caught on surveillance video kicking a woman. And then in June Hunt was accused of punching a man.

Although Hunt sought in his ESPN interview to portray his actions in February as out of character, these other incidents would seem to suggest that all of Hunt’s actions are part of a pattern. Hunt has so far managed to avoid getting arrested, but he is now out of the NFL and will likely face significant league discipline before he is able to play again.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/03/man-told-kansas-city-police-in-january-that-kareem-hunt-kicked-him-in-bar-fight/

On 12/2/2018 at 12:06 PM, Philc1 said:

I love the people saying this isn’t as bad as Ray Rice.  He kicked her after pushing her to the floor a second time and needed to be restrained from mauling her

I disagree. This video wasn't anything close to what Ray Rice did. Rice knocked the girl unconscious with a closed fist and then dragged her out of the elevator. He basically showed no remorse even after the knock out blow. Hunt, on the other hand, shoved the girl; then  later shoved someone into her; and at the end kicked her while being pulled away. Can't compare the 2 incidents.

I'll admit things could've been a lot worse if his friends didn't restrain him. But the fact is, based on the video, there wasn't enough for Hunt to be charged. And you shouldn't be punished for what "could've" happened.

Bottom line, the Chiefs overreacted. It'll probably cost them a Super Bowl appearance.

5 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Bottom line, the Chiefs overreacted. It'll probably cost them a Super Bowl appearance.

The Chiefs didn't overreact.  They actually firmly took a stance on abhorrent behavior and valued human decency and morality more than winning games.  The rest of the league should be paying attention, because as many have said, there are far worse player incidents that have gone virtually unpunished or resulted in a slap on the wrist of the player.  

There should be a zero tolerance policy on this sort of disgusting behavior.  The chiefs should be applauded. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Chiefs didn't overreact.  They actually firmly took a stance on abhorrent behavior and valued human decency and morality more than winning games.  The rest of the league should be paying attention, because as many have said, there are far worse player incidents that have gone virtually unpunished or resulted in a slap on the wrist of the player.  

There should be a zero tolerance policy on this sort of disgusting behavior.  The chiefs should be applauded. 

Careful. That's a slippery slope. What if a video surfaces of Sam Darnold doing the same thing? Are you ready to cut ties with our future franchise QB?

Also, I never knew it was an employer's job to oversee morality and human decency.

4 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Careful. That's a slippery slope. What if a video surfaces of Sam Darnold doing the same thing? Are you ready to cut ties with our future franchise QB?

Also, I never knew it was an employer's job to oversee morality and human decency.

Yes.  Some things are more important than sports.  This is one of them.

And as far as morality and decency - YES, it is the team's job when their employees are in the public light and their lives are scrutinized to the nth degree and have influence on the millions of fans that consume their product.  There's a responsibility there IMO that goes way beyond football.

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

Yes.  Some things are more important than sports.  This is one of them.

And as far as morality and decency - YES, it is the team's job when their employees are in the public light and their lives are scrutinized to the nth degree and have influence on the millions of fans that consume their product.  There's a responsibility there IMO that goes way beyond football.

Fair point. But to just cut ties??? You don't think that's a bit extreme based on the video?

And whatever happened to 2nd chances?

I think this PC culture we live in and the #MeToo movement is getting a little out of hand.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

SIGN THIS BEAST! ?

Just kidding

Beggars can't be choosers, how can the PR get worse? Absolutely Jets should sign him with a coach that actually understands how to instill discipline and accountability in players. Macc has picked raunchy players and Bowles couldn't develop a Polaroid. These are the dark times. Only talent (on field and on sideline) can bring us back from abyss. I'd rather struggle with rooting for scum bags who win rather that likable losers. ENOUGH. Not trying to marry off my daughter here, hoping to have a team that isn't a complete joke.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Beggars can't be choosers, how can the PR get worse? Absolutely Jets should sign him with a coach that actually understands how to instill discipline and accountability in players. Macc has picked raunchy players and Bowles couldn't develop a Polaroid. These are the dark times. Only talent (on field and on sideline) can bring us back from abyss. I'd rather struggle with rooting for scum bags who win rather that likable losers. ENOUGH. Not trying to marry off my daughter here, hoping to have a team that isn't a complete joke.

Your probably right. I'm sure if there was a video of Robbie Anderson telling a Police officer he's gonna nut in his wifes eye is even worse than some tussle with a chick in your Hotel hallway when she doesn't even belong there. I mean Robbie was being arrested, lol.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Your probably right. I'm sure if there was a video of Robbie Anderson telling a Police officer he's gonna nut in his wifes eye is even worse than some tussle with a chick in your Hotel hallway when she doesn't even belong there. I mean Robbie was being arrested, lol.

oh but we need to defend him because he ran a bunch of go routes last year. Ridiculous.

30 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Fair point. But to just cut ties??? You don't think that's a bit extreme based on the video?

And whatever happened to 2nd chances?

I think this PC culture we live in and the #MeToo movement is getting a little out of hand.

This has nothing to do with a pc culture or an extreme reaction.  This has to do with doing the right thing.  There has to be a zero tolerance for violence against women.  Anything less sends the wrong message to the masses and perpetuates the problem.  The NFL has done a terrible job with this but the Chiefs took it upon themselves to do the right thing.  Good on them.  

Just now, jgb said:

oh but we need to defend him because he ran a bunch of go routes last year. Ridiculous.

I always thought he was a thug & they should have just released him. 27 catches- 416 yards & 3 TDs? Really? You keep a guy like that? I hope they trade him, should have taken the 4th they were offered.

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

This has nothing to do with a pc culture or an extreme reaction.  This has to do with doing the right thing.  There has to be a zero tolerance for violence against women.  Anything less sends the wrong message to the masses and perpetuates the problem.  The NFL has done a terrible job with this but the Chiefs took it upon themselves to do the right thing.  Good on them.  

What happened to anger management courses? 

But it's ok to get a DUI hire an attorney & let's completely forget you were driving the wrong way on the highway & could have killed an entire family! 

We freaking signed ASJ after he was arrested drunk with a load in his pants.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

But it's ok to get a DUI hire an attorney & let's completely forget you were driving the wrong way on the highway & could have killed an entire family! 

When our guy tells a cop he's gonna defile his wife, cool cool. But God forbid we give an "outsider" a second chance. the easiest way to spot a terrible argument is by its internal inconsistencies.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

None of that's ok.  There are plenty of criminals of all kinds floating around the NFL and in sports in general.  Playing in a professional sports league is a privilege, not a right, and as such, the players should be held to a higher standard than a regular citizen because, especially in this day and age, they reach a massive audience on a daily basis.  Sending the wrong message over and over and over can have a very negative impact on the young people who look up to them, and at the very least, condones very poor (and illegal) behavior. Letting any of these dopes continue to play after getting arrested for domestic violence, drunk driving, drugs, and any other crime, is just a sign by the owners that winning and money is more important than anything else, and that's a very sad message to send.   

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that theses players should be banned for life for their indiscretions as everyone deserves a second chance. However, if a team like the Chiefs immediately cut ties with a player because they feel like their team image and brand is more valuable to them then winning, then they should be applauded IMO, not accused of being too PC.  

Then again, what the hell do I know?

7 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

he would be put on the exempt list anyway - would not impact or change the super bowl chances

5 hours ago, jgb said:

When our guy tells a cop he's gonna defile his wife, cool cool. But God forbid we give an "outsider" a second chance. the easiest way to spot a terrible argument is by its internal inconsistencies.

There's a big difference between mouthing off to a cop and beating a woman. Mouthing off to a cop gets you arrested and beating a woman does not.

Your equating mouthing off to a beat down. as I said, big difference. 

3 hours ago, tuffhand said:

There's a big difference between mouthing off to a cop and beating a woman. Mouthing off to a cop gets you arrested and beating a woman does not.

Your equating mouthing off to a beat down. as I said, big difference. 

Comparing isn't equating. Just saying Robbie is a thug and not only that he a one-trick pony whose one trick ain't even working anymore. Hunt may well be a turd, but at least he also engages in the business of football players-- assisting a team to win football games. Again, if we were a good team, I'd say don't take risks with guys like this. But beggars cannot be choosers and holy Hell I would like to see some good Jets football before I croak.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, Butterfield said:

I disagree.  He shouldn’t have the privledge to play football, or really do anything else, in life.  I certainly wouldn’t hire him for even the lowest of positions.  You make a mistake like that and you should be punished for life.  Enough of this weak crap, take his balls.

You’ve been going on like this throughout the entire thread. It’s obvious you probably grew up in a home where physical abuse went on, or in some other way saw it first hand to a level most haven’t. I’ve read the entire thread, don’t condone a man putting his hands on a woman, and never will. That said, he’s a very young man, not a lot older then her. She’s no innocent, she wasn’t attending a choir practice. She got physical, and the situation escalated. He’s going to pay a price for it. All that said, this post of yours, and some of your others are over the top and make you seem ignorant. I don’t think you are, but enough with the holier then thou BS. It’s reaching a point where you’re almost daring people to defend Bell.

I would never argue that putting your hands on a woman is the right thing, and Hunt is going to pay a major price for it. I wouldn't even argue that he should be allowed back in the NFL because it's a unique opportunity and honor that he threw away from his poor decision. Yet, he needs to be forgiven we all have made mistakes, but since he is a professional athlete they get elevated to another level. What he needs is some kind of help to make sure he doesn't do anything like this again, and I don't know the full extend to his encounter with the woman and maybe she said something that also put her in the wrong. Yet, under no circumstances should things have gotten physical and this can be a learning experience for everyone when it comes to domestic disputes. Unfortunately for Hunt he may only ever be remembered for this one major mistake he made, so if/when he decides to take a step forward to bounce back from this we shouldn't ridicule him or constantly throw this in his face but root for him to become better. 

If the police don’t press charges, and the NFL tries to do anything with Hunt  besides a face saving suspension, (4-6 games at most?). I’d be shocked. He’d make more money in a lawsuit then he probably would in his career. BTW I’d sign him ASAP. I want as many good players as possible on my team as possible, because I root for the uniform, not the players. It’s a league chock full of criminals, cop haters, drug users, and flag disrespecting militants. Plenty of guys who’ve abused women also. So let’s stop the BS. If that bothers you, or shocks or offends you, don’t watch the sport.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

If the police don’t press charges, and the NFL tries to do anything with Bell besides a face saving suspension, (4-6 games at most?). I’d be shocked. He’d make more money in a lawsuit then he probably would in his career. BTW I’d sign him ASAP. I want as many good players as possible on my team as possible, because I root for the uniform, not the players. It’s a league chock full of criminals, cop haters, drug users, and flag disrespecting militants. Plenty of guys who’ve abused women also. So let’s stop the BS. If that bothers you, or shocks or offends you, don’t watch the sport.

You mean Hunt.

Archived