Kareem Hunt Attacks Woman

prime21

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Before the kick I'd agree with you.  The kick changes everything

Agree with this. Preceding the kick, you could explain it as drunken idiocy, but the kick is a nail in the coffin. 

Worth wondering what the Jets would have done with Darron Lee if Leonard Williams didn’t intervene at that party where Lee went after that woman.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s on commissioners exempt list. He can’t play or attend games.

I believe the new DV protocol is six games, minimum, so he’s out for the year. I’d imagine some slimy-ass team like the Cowboys will give him a contract in February.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I believe the new DV protocol is six games, minimum, so he’s out for the year. I’d imagine some slimy-ass team like the Cowboys will give him a contract in February.

I believe the suspension comes AFTER being removed from the exempt list. 

All of you saying "it's not that bad." 

"Not the worst thing you've ever seen."

It doesn't look as bad as Ray Rice on film, agreed.

But have any of you ever pushed a girl?  Gone back at her when she is on the ground and thrown a kick at her?  Even if it wasn't the most vicious looking kick...

Even if she slung a racial slur at him?  I am a Jew.  Third generation holocaust survivor.  I have heard plenty of snide, anti-Semitic comments over the years.  Especially while living in Michigan.  "Jewed down."   Holocaust denial.  Etc.  I have even been in two fights because of it in my lifetime.  With other males!

Kareem Hunt was physical with a female.  Twice.   The answer was to walk away.  He was wrong.  Period.  End of discussion.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

it sounds like this hunt guy like ray rice is just one great piece of work.  this stuff needs to stop with or without the me too movement.  it think everyone knows that. i can certainly see this guy getting suspended before the playoffs though.

after watching the video, i need to back track a bit.  hunt shouldn't have gone out of his way to kick her when she was down but it sure looked liked she was going right up to him.  it wasn't like she was backing away.  you can't tell who started this from the video but it's plenty clear that both wanted a piece of the other and neither backed down.

yeah,, he will be suspended for the playoff game against the Pats,,,,go Roger!!!

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

But have any of you ever pushed a girl?  Gone back at her when she is on the ground and thrown a kick at her?  Even if it wasn't the most vicious looking kick...

Even if she slung a racial slur at him?  I am a Jew.  Third generation holocaust survivor.  I have heard plenty of snide, anti-Semitic comments over the years.  Especially while living in Michigan.  "Jewed down."   Holocaust denial.  Etc.  I have even been in two fights because of it in my lifetime.  With other males. 

Kareem Hunt was physical with a female.  Twice.   The answer was to walk away.

He was wrong wrong.  Period.  End of discussion.

This is all true, but then the question becomes can you ban a 23 year-old star from the league forever because of that video? The Chiefs were aware that it occurred and they did nothing about it, and nobody cared. But it’s the video that takes it from “nothing” to “barred for life”? 

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Does this mean Mac gets a pass for drafting Stewart instead of Hunt - or maybe a “I told u so”?  

No.  It just means he gets killed for drafting Stewart instead of Chirs Godwin and Kenny Golladay.

Even if she slung a racial slur at him?  I am a Jew.  Third generation holocaust survivor.  I have heard plenty of snide, anti-Semitic comments over the years.  Especially while living in Michigan.  "Jewed down."   Holocaust denial.  Etc.  I have even been in two fights because of it in my lifetime.  With other males!
Kareem Hunt was physical with a female.  Twice.   The answer was to walk away.  He was wrong.  Period.  End of discussion.

Couldn't agree more. He was defiantly wrong it was a terrible act and there is no way or reason to sugar coat it.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is all true, but then the question becomes can you ban a 23 year-old star from the league forever because of that video? The Chiefs were aware that it occurred and they did nothing about it, and nobody cared. But it’s the video that takes it from “nothing” to “barred for life”? 

I don't believe he should be banned for life, not based on what I see in that video. If the Redskins picked up Reuben Foster, some team will probably sign Hunt after this blows over.

The issue becomes the PR sting.  Like it was with Rice.  Kaep.  Foster...   and whether or not teams are willing to blackball Hunt over this. 

Always risk v. reward.  Talent weighs heavy.

The immediate "STB" reaction by some around here really pisses me off though.

As you know, I am all in on Le'V Bell anyway.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW people talking about Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs now...

1. I dont know what the Chiefs cap situation is

2. I don't know if he fits that system or that locker room

Can you update us when you get new information on these lynchpin queries thx

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hunt is a talented dude, and it’d be possible to rehabilitate his image enough over the next three months to get  him on the roster, but it’s not worth it for a RB. A lot of backs look amazing in KC. Hard pass.

What’s the downside?

honest question- what’s the worst that can happen? And is it that bad?

i see the upside as a young talented playmaker never makes a mistake again and fills a huge need for offensive playmakers for a team desperate for them. Young, cheap, upside, and saves a sh*t-ton of resources in draft capital and/or salary cap dollars.

Archived