Marcus Maye Placed on IR

JetFreak89

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Maye is a very good player, but may be one of those snake-bitten guys. Injuries in college and a lot of injuries this year.

Jeremy Clark or Brandon Bryant to be elevated next? I'd go with Clark.

The 2nd round curse with the JETS is FAR more intense than the Madden curse. 

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Maye is a very good player, but may be one of those snake-bitten guys. Injuries in college and a lot of injuries this year.

Jeremy Clark or Brandon Bryant to be elevated next? I'd go with Clark.

Maye to IR confirmed. Clark is indeed the guy who gets elevated.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-place-s-marcus-maye-on-injured-reserve

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Leonard Williams and Darron Lee are bullet proof. Until either of these stalwarts miss time I am not going to worry about about the defense becoming weak.

Well you don’t have to worry about the defense “becoming weak” since they have already achieved that goal. Thanks Bowles!

28 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm not sure it makes much of a difference because he'll more than likely be inactive every week.

True.

I am slightly intrigued by Clark though. Great size, good speed and ability to play press. Could possibly help at Safety too.

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

True.

I am slightly intrigued by Clark though. Great size, good speed and ability to play press. Could possibly help at Safety too.

Maybe Jones finally gets activated. 

Just now, mrcoops said:

That would be good to see. Get the young guys some reps. Jones had a great preseason.

I think he has a better chance of panning out than Clark even though the likely scenario is neither amounts to much. 

14 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well you don’t have to worry about the defense “becoming weak” since they have already achieved that goal. Thanks Bowles!

"Thanks Bowles" is right.

The defense he has drafted and coached along their subsequent performance is ........................indefensible.

This is my biggest problem with Mac.  

2105 -lots of bad picks.  2016 not half bad other than Hack in a bad draft.  Questionable FA signings.

So he is developing into the job, so we think.  But his 2017 is really a train wreck.  His best pick is a safety that does not win games that he passed over an MVP quality QB for.   His 2017 draft displayed zero scouting or tactical skills whatsoever.

2018 he was able to maneuver for a QB-either Mayfield or Darnold, with help from Heimerdinger and the Colts. The 3rd round DL is a mystery and someone you only take if you are prepared to let Leo walk.  

Trumaine Johnson could be one of the worst FA signing this decade.

How do you keep this man in his job?

Archived