Ian Rapoport: Bolwes likely to start Josh Mccown.

Jetsbb

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I am going to start punching myself in the face. Somehow that is the only thing that will make the pain go away.

After Bowles is fired, t minus how many days till the Josina interview where he says they stuck him with Darnold who wasn’t ready

Do you guys think this is Bowles’ call here? He has to know his only hope of returning is if Sam shows he’s developing, so why would he want him to sit? I think there is more likely pressure from the GM or ownership not to play the kid until he is 100% healthy or not to play him at all the rest of the year.

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Do you guys think this is Bowles’ call here? He has to know his only hope of returning is if Sam shows he’s developing, so why would he want him to sit? I think there is more likely pressure from the GM or ownership not to play the kid until he is 100% healthy or not to play him at all the rest of the year.

I think if Bowles was doing this against Maccagnan’s will, there’d be a dust up. They’re all complicit.

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

At this point does bowles still think mccown gives him the best chance to win?  I mean, hasn’t mccown sucked the past two weeks?

In Bowles mind Darnold only practiced a week after a month layoff. I will be real interested to see if Darnold is active as the backup. That will say everything if this really was about the injury.

Not sure why anyone cares if Darnold plays or not.   Missing 3 games in his rookie season will not be the deciding factor in whether or not he becomes good.

Next year will be a new system and a lot of new faces.  He's going to be fine.

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Come on you bros it’s not like your qb has to play hurt or anything I mean

I dunno man, the one and only thing that you can say this organization does well is medical, for obvious Woody reasons. I know that it's a lot easier to chalk stuff like this up to conspiracies of incompetence and very often that is the case, but maybe the injury has just been bad and they've just been piss poor with the PR about it.

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Come on you bros it’s not like your qb has to play hurt or anything I mean

Sad part is McCown is MUCH more hurt then Sam, but you know Bowles needs to save his career with 39 year old Vet McCown who has put up 20 points combined in his 2 starts, Bowles is a clown, Macc is a clown, The Johnson’s are universally known as Clowns, but what they are allowing to happen here with Bowles, and Macc clowning them harder then anyone has ever clowned them just makes them pathetic, and helpless, so much so other teams might stop abusing the laughing stock as it stops being fun when they are as pathetic as the Johnson’s.

27 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Bowles reports to the owner directly takes zero orders from Macc.  Like Macc Bowles has a contract that states he gets last say on who dresses, and plays, just like Macc gets last say on final 53, and draft picks.  This is 1000000000% about Bowles trying some self preservation for his future, and is the reason why you fire him weeks ago.

Archived