Ian Rapoport: Bolwes likely to start Josh Mccown.

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, Thinker said:

Can someone explain to me why he hasn't been fired yet... seriously, please!! i want to understand!!

Christopher Johnson will announce the firing of both GM Mike Maccagan and head coach Todd Bowles the day after the last game at New England, which is Monday, December 31st, 2018. We can celebrate New Year's Day after the Jets clean house. 2019 will give Jets fans a new Jets GM, a new head coach, a top 3 pick, a few difference makers in free agency, and new Jets uniforms. I'm gettin' goose bumps thinking about it.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Assuming, then, that you haven’t turned on a game this season?

I said it wasn't entertaining... not that I refuse to watch.

Last 6 games or so I've been only casually watching.  Bowles has made this the least entertaining team in the NFL.

Thankfully in a couple weeks Macc will be on the hunt for his coach.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yes, he practiced all week, but if you watched closely he was only a "limited participant" in each practice indicating that he likely wasn't going to play. 

With a rookie QB playing on a team going nowhere it shouldn't be a surprise that Bowles or the front office decided to hold him out this week when he couldn't even get in one full practice all week. 

I am guessing Darnold will go from limited participant to a full participant next week and start against the Bills which is something I don't love either since there is a good chance the weather in Buffalo (cold/snow/windy) will be less than ideal for a rookie QB making his first start back from an injury.  

There was no injury.

Christopher Johnson will announce the firing of both GM Mike Maccagan and head coach Todd Bowles the day after the last game at New England, which is Monday, December 31st, 2018. We can celebrate New Year's Day after the Jets clean house. 2019 will give Jets fans a new Jets GM, a new head coach, a top 3 pick, a few difference makers in free agency, and new Jets uniforms. I'm gettin' goose bumps thinking about it.
And quite possibly back to square one in 2-3 years. The "Jets circle jerk".

Hope the cycle ends..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

And quite possibly back to square one in 2-3 years. The "Jets circle jerk".

Hope the cycle ends..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Seriously. How many regimes does one franchise have to go thru before they find a decent one that they can win with? Lord have mercy. 

We were so happy when Rex/Idzik were fired and we hired new guys. I remember us all saying “Oh yeah! Adults run the show now” 4-5 years later and we’re practically begging for Macc/Bowles to get dumped. I have cautious optimism. I hope the next regime is competent, can scout, develop and knows modern football but who knows what we are getting ourselves into this time.?

Fake News, Fake Injuries. This stuff just sums up how bad a Franchise we are. I don't think I've felt this bad with Kotite. At least his patheticness was sort of funny, with him bumble about picking his nose.

This lot take incompetence to a new level. I think they are holding Sam out, if he does not play today, let's not play him in Buffalo. 

I wont be shocked if he does not play the rest of the year.

In which case, is there any point watching the remaining sh*t show?

Fans need to let the Johnson's how they feel about keeping this clown Bowles around. A High school coach could do a better job at this point.

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

McCown starting is a good thing.  Every snap Darnold takes in Bates' offense with Bowles in charge has little reward at this point.

What have they done that any of us should trust them to put Darnold in a position to succeed?

nothing..

but coach bowles hasn't been fired yet.. granted, i can't see any situation ownership feels they can force feed their fan base with him another year..

but word on the street, as i'm sure you have also heard is, woody & woody's brother are planning to keep maccagnan for whatever reason those two dopes have come up with..

this regime with this absolutely ass backward chain of command is the worst in franchise history..

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Are you saying very tall Asian people don't have feet because that's racist

In the 1995 film, “Rumble in the Bronx,” Jackie Chan broke his foot while filming a stunt wherein he leaps 25 feet into the bow of a Fiberglas boat. Jackie Chan didn’t miss a single day of filming for this injury, and RitB was absolutely horrible. Attached below is the video of this injury.

My point? Sam Darnold ain’t no Jackie Chan. Nor is he a tall Asian. Do with that information what you will.

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Do you guys think this is Bowles’ call here? He has to know his only hope of returning is if Sam shows he’s developing, so why would he want him to sit? I think there is more likely pressure from the GM or ownership not to play the kid until he is 100% healthy or not to play him at all the rest of the year.

I heard this is the same injury Sam had previously and if so then it makes more sense to be extra cautious

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Come on you bros it’s not like your qb has to play hurt or anything I mean

Remember when Byron Leftwich played on a broken leg and was getting carried back to the huddle by his OL?

#backwhenrealmenplayed 

Just now, JiF said:

Remember when Byron Leftwich played on a broken leg and was getting carried back to the huddle by his OL?

#backwhenrealmenplayed 

I just went through and looked at the trash articles our team of blogging journos is putting out today. Not one article even broaching the question of what’s wrong with Darnold. There’s “news” about Marcus Maye, there’s one about McCown helping the “young Jets” through adversity. But a single article asking anyone attached to the organization why Darnold isn’t on the field today? Nothing. What a colossal failure by the local media, which used to be tough and is now, instead, a pack of lazy, incurious children.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just went through and looked at the trash articles our team of blogging journos is putting out today. Not one article even broaching the question of what’s wrong with Darnold. There’s “news” about Marcus Maye, there’s one about McCown helping the “young Jets” through adversity. But a single article asking anyone attached to the organization why Darnold isn’t on the field today? Nothing. What a colossal failure by the local media, which used to be tough and is now, instead, a pack of lazy, incurious children.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Forget which one it was that was complaining from the press box about a game going into overtime 

ok if this is the same foot then the prolonged absence and overly cautious approach makes sense and all of us can just calm down...

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Things-to-know-about-NFL-Draft-QB-Sam-Darnold-117296386/

Darnold had played baseball his freshman year and then focused on football and basketball. As a basketball player, he was named South Coast League Most Valuable Player twice. Most impressive, however, is how little the 20-year old has actually played the quarterback position. NFL Draft analysts want to talk about the upside of Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen, but Darnold's is arguably greater. He did not start playing the quarterback position on a regular basis until his junior season, which he missed most of due to a foot injury.

http://www.sanclementetimes.com/tritons-quarterback-darnold-fractures-foot-likely-out-for-season/

San Clemente junior quarterback Sam Darnold suffered a fracture in his foot during the second quarter of the team’s September 12 game against Dana Hills, head coach Jaime Ortiz confirmed Wednesday.

Foot Injury.jpg

Just now, Matt39 said:

Forget which one it was that was complaining from the press box about a game going into overtime 

Costello and Hughes do that regularly. Hughes will then unironically tweet a link about getting 40% off your subscription to The Athletic.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I bet they all have some form of “the team is devoid of talent, so Mike Maccagnan’s job is secure” Jetspeak, too.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I bet they all have some form of “the team is devoid of talent, so Mike Maccagnan’s job is secure” Jetspeak, too.

It’s solely because Maccagnan isn’t openly hostile to them and because Francesa hasn’t turned his fire on Maccagnan, so it’s not really in the clickbait bloodstream. I’ll give Bowles and his people credit on this much: they could be leaking a ton of Macc slander (a la Rex), but they’re opting to take one for the team right now. 

21 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

ok if this is the same foot then the prolonged absence and overly cautious approach makes sense and all of us can just calm down...

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Things-to-know-about-NFL-Draft-QB-Sam-Darnold-117296386/

Darnold had played baseball his freshman year and then focused on football and basketball. As a basketball player, he was named South Coast League Most Valuable Player twice. Most impressive, however, is how little the 20-year old has actually played the quarterback position. NFL Draft analysts want to talk about the upside of Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen, but Darnold's is arguably greater. He did not start playing the quarterback position on a regular basis until his junior season, which he missed most of due to a foot injury.

http://www.sanclementetimes.com/tritons-quarterback-darnold-fractures-foot-likely-out-for-season/

San Clemente junior quarterback Sam Darnold suffered a fracture in his foot during the second quarter of the team’s September 12 game against Dana Hills, head coach Jaime Ortiz confirmed Wednesday.

Foot Injury.jpg

Sam said it was the other foot

Lose lose situation either way.  

Either the foot injury is worse than expected, and could be something chronic if he is actually still dealing with it from high school.  I know, I have broken my foot before.  It took years to get better and never was really the same.  

Or, he isn’t actually hurt and Bowles has such little confidence in him that he is starting McCown to have the best opportunity to win.

Either way, its a big set back for Darnold and the future of the team.  He needs to be out there getting live reps.

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Sam said it was the other foot

I’m not sure if that is better or worse.  With the foot injury I had, the one foot was in such pain and discomfort that I started walking differently and eventually the other foot started getting sore and I ended up with an injury in it too.  Ended up with chronic pain in both feet. 

It’s a lost season for Darnold and the Jets.  Most of this roster will be different next year, Darnold will have a new staff and system to learn, hopefully some new skill guys to work with.   It’s going to almost be like starting all over again next year.  

Maccagnan has f****ed this up royally.  

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s a lost season for Darnold and the Jets.  Most of this roster will be different next year, Darnold will have a new staff and system to learn, hopefully some new skill guys to work with.   It’s going to almost be like starting all over again next year.  

Maccagnan has f****ed this up royally.  

It’s as if they don’t want darnold to learn anything else from this staff and bond with these players this year b/c it will all be so different next year.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s as if they don’t want darnold to learn anything else from this staff and bond with these players this year b/c it will all be so different next year.  

Jeremy Bates is a notoriously sh*tty person, which is why he can’t hold a job. I wonder if they felt like subjected Darnold to much more of Bates’ douchebaggery is playing into this. Then again, they could have fired Bates at any time and just let Dennison run the offense.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

At this point Bowles has no incentive to play Darnold.  His development means zero to him now.  That’s why Bowles needed to be fired after the Buffalo game.  Even if these guys aren’t going to be on the team next year, you at least want Sam to get reps and see some defenses.  

Archived