Ian Rapoport: Bolwes likely to start Josh Mccown.

Jetsbb

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When the history of the last ten years of the Jets is written, the part where they examine the resources dumped into the defensive line and secondary contrasted to the return on investment in those areas will be mind-blowing. 

The exact spots on the field that you can fill in the back end of the draft or in free agency without much trouble, the Jets instead used top picks to fill them.As to the key spots-edge, LT, QB-Jets acted like they had some secret formula to not fill those spots. when they finally picked Darnold, he came into a threadbare offense with non weapons spare Enuwa, a lousy OL, and some average backs. May be Herndon can be a productive TE.All the while they sold media morons like Mehta that their picks at nonpremium spots were "the best player available". 

2017 draft-Adams is a nice player, but nor for this team. To take him over Watson, Mahomes or Watt was a joke. To compound that and then take Maye over Shuster or Kamara, really, these guys have no goddamn clue. HOW ARE YOU GONNA SCORE POINTS? 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He won't his next stop is the local high school in N.J where's he's invested $ 2 million in his home or maybe Rutgers they seem to have no issues throwing good money at bad football coaches. 

Chris Ash came in with people saying all good stuff. Doesn't matter, they have no business being in the Big 10. But not even Rutgers could try to sell Bowles and so far no indication Ash is in trouble. 

Seriously. How many regimes does one franchise have to go thru before they find a decent one that they can win with? Lord have mercy. 
We were so happy when Rex/Idzik were fired and we hired new guys. I remember us all saying “Oh yeah! Adults run the show now” 4-5 years later and we’re practically begging for Macc/Bowles to get dumped. I have cautious optimism. I hope the next regime is competent, can scout, develop and knows modern football but who knows what we are getting ourselves into this time.
Since Hess and Gutman this has been a team of futility.

Steinberg passes away yet don't promote Haley and Bradway fails and you know the rest. Thing is they hired outside consulting not once but twice with the same BS!

I never understood why the Jets hired a HC before the GM, it doesn't make sense to me.

How many 2-3 year circle jerks the Jets need to have a clue?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Since Hess and Gutman this has been a team of futility.

Steinberg passes away yet don't promote Haley and Bradway fails and you know the rest. Thing is they hired outside consulting not once but twice with the same BS!

I never understood why the Jets hired a HC before the GM, it doesn't make sense to me.

How many 2-3 year circle jerks the Jets need to have a clue?

Thing is, Johnson MO is they will hire the vaunted search party only after the season. A real NFL team is doing that  work themselves right now. And the various leakers of Florham Park are not saying anything like "...sources tell me Johnsons have had conversations with Bill Cowher/Jerry Reese/Mike Shanahan about being club president.". So once again Jets will be the guy who loses out in the NFL January musical chairs on both HC and GM slots. 

Thing is, Johnson MO is they will hire the vaunted search party only after the season. A real NFL team is doing that  work themselves right now. And the various leakers of Florham Park are not saying anything like "...sources tell me Johnsons have had conversations with Bill Cowher/Jerry Reese/Mike Shanahan about being club president.". So once again Jets will be the guy who loses out in the NFL January musical chairs on both HC and GM slots. 
It's such a joke!

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I don’t think bowles is making the decision.  It’s all but clear that bowles is gone and mccagnan is staying, so why would the johnsons and mccagnan let bowles make this call?  I think bowles is being told what to say and do regarding darnold at this point.  And i think mccagnan is already preparing darnold for next season by not having darnold unlearn stuff that he would otherwise be learning the past few weeks.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if they shut darnold down after this week, and not b/c of injury.

Well it’s raining today, and we don’t want Sam to get wet. Doubt he’ll play next week in Buffalo either. Don’t want him getting a chill in his bones, and he has all next year “to learn how to play in cold weather” anyway.

13 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Lets call it what it is. Bowles benched Darnold after the Dolphins game and is using this fake strain as a reason to sit him for 4 weeks. Darnold said he was fine after the game. Is on record saying he felt no pain last week and was begging to play vs the Patriots. The funny part is how obvious it is.

Actually this is wrong.  He said he still has pain and hes getting better.  Of course this kills the Bowles is an idiot, Darnold has been practicing nonsense.  And of course that its obvious

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Well it’s raining today, and we don’t want Sam to get wet. Doubt he’ll play next week in Buffalo either. Don’t want him getting a chill in his bones, and he has all next year “to learn how to play in cold weather” anyway.

No worries.  As I said earlier in the week, I had a shawl delivered to Darnold so he wouldn't "catch his death" of a cold.  After reading your post, I sent him a stylish poncho via Amazon should the weather turn "schpritz-y".

21 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

No worries.  As I said earlier in the week, I had a shawl delivered to Darnold so he wouldn't "catch his death" of a cold.  After reading your post, I sent him a stylish poncho via Amazon should the weather turn "schpritz-y".

Lol, funny post. He’s starting to come off a little “swishy”. If he’s this slow to heal from a minor foot thingy at 21, what’s his recovery rate going to be like in years to come?

Todd Bowles back to the Cardinals? Some execs believe it's a real possibility

Bowles is virtually certain not to be back with the Jets, and he remains a beloved figure in Arizona

With the New York Jets about to embark on a head-coaching search after the season, and the Arizona Cardinals mulling major changes as well with first-year head coach Steve Wilks 2-9 and with an NFL-worst minus-86 first-half scoring differential amid a torrent of blowout losses, there are persistent rumblings in NFL circles about Jets coach Todd Bowles perhaps returning to Arizona.

Bowles is virtually certain not to be back with the Jets next season, league sources said, with the organization poised to go in another direction to try to cultivate young quarterback Sam Darnold, and he remains a beloved figure with the Cardinals from his time as a defensive coordinator there. Arizona's defense has struggled this season, top pick Josh Rosen was forced into action sooner than expected, many top defensive players demanded a trade and Wilks' team has suffered losses of 24-6, 34-0 and 45-10 (twice) (Stream all of Sunday's games on fuboTV, try it for free, and stream the CBS games on CBS All Access).

Furthermore, finding a way to keep Patrick Peterson from reiterating a trade demand in the offseason will not be easy, numerous recent first-round picks have not fit into the new scheme there, and Bowles could command immediate respect. His strong ties with these players cannot be overstated. Bowles also has ties to some of the existing assistant coaches in Arizona, should the organization want to avoid a total blowup, and retain some of the pieces left over from the transition from Bruce Arians to Wilks a year ago. Bowles will likely have other options as well, but he enjoyed his time in Arizona helping to turn around that franchise, and already has a comfort level with many of the prominent figures in the organization.  

14 hours ago, Pac said:

Not sure why anyone cares if Darnold plays or not.   Missing 3 games in his rookie season will not be the deciding factor in whether or not he becomes good.

Next year will be a new system and a lot of new faces.  He's going to be fine.

I want him to make his mistakes now, not next year.

Archived