Maxman

Jets - Titans Game Thread

Looked like blown coverage. Williamson passed the tight end off to nobody because the other linebacker was following the titan on the other crossing route. 

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

this is an awful game

Yep. Ordinarily I want to win, but a win would be the worst possible outcome here. Personally, I think the Johnsons hate having to fire and hire coaches so they'd be looking for any excuse to retain Bowles at the end of the season.

I want the Jets to lose so it forces the hand of ownership to change the coaching staff and ideally replace the GM. If it means we give up a 16 point lead, then that's what it takes.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

There we go. 13 unanswered points for the Titans since we kicked a field goal with 31 seconds left in the third quarter.

Pack your gear and GTFO, Bowles, Bates and Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

As sure as the setting sun.

The Jets defense will fold when it matters most

Death, taxes and the Jets' defence.

And then an inevitable Jets turnover.

Just now, Untouchable said:

They bucked the trend!

Noice!

This along with the McCarthy firing may even cause Chrissy and Woodrow to actually get rid of dickbag Bubba Gump before the season is over.

I guess we can interview Rodgers to satisfy the Rooney rule, but I just don't see us firing Bowles before the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Hael said:

Why is everyone so happy...  it’s another depressing win, in a season where we were supposed to flash our young talent, but where instead it’s mostly been a miserable grind every down and every game.

It’s hard to be a fan of this team sometimes.

I'm not happy that the Jets lost. I'm not happy that the Jets have basically wasted a season of Darnold being a cost-controlled rookie in a competition where prudent salary cap management is the only way to long term success.

I'm not happy the Jets stood by Bowles when it became patently obvious that he is not cut out to be the Jets' head coach. He should have been fired at the bye but he managed to surround himself with assistant coaches who aren't head coaching material, making it easy for the Johnsons (who are reluctant at the best of times to fire people who have long outlived their use-by dates) to stick with Bowles and his coordinators for the remainder of the season.

I'm not happy that with Darnold not cleared to play, the Jets have turned to their 39 year old backup rather than test the waters with Webb in a season that's been a waste of time for months.

I'm not happy that the Jets decided that they could make do with a receiving corps comprising Kearse, Enunwa and Anderson when upgrades were available at a reasonable price (by the way, did Mathews even play this game?)

I'm not happy that we've landed a player whose sky was the limit when he came into the league at pick #6 but has regressed to a JAG in the space of a few seasons (Leonard Williams).

I'm not happy that the defence, with so much invested into it, cannot hold out a mediocre QB being coordinated by a coordinator in only his second season in the role in the NFL under a rookie head coach.

I'm not happy about the season.

I'm happy about the result because hopefully it's one step closer to Bowles and his staff being fired and one step closer to having a high draft pick that hopefully can be auctioned to recoup the draft capital spent on moving up to pick #3 this past draft.

• Upvote 1

Titans got 403 yards from their offence. The Jets got 280 yards in total offence.

Defence (until the final drive) and special teams showed up, with a pick six, a blocked punt and a blocked PAT attempt, and then Andre Roberts returned the opening kickoff of the second half for 61 yards.

I just don't understand why the Jets thought it a good idea to fire Morton and bring in a bloke who was a dud the first time he was an OC in the NFL and then spent years out of the game "finding himself".

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company