Maxman

Jets - Titans Game Thread

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Most of the posts in this thread are pathetic - pathetic loser posts by pathetic losers

Pathetic. I hope most of you are trolls and not real Jets fans. Because if you are actual real Jets fans, that makes you 20x more pathetic

I guess I am a pathetic loser because I don't want to waste 3 hours of my Sunday on an organization that thinks I'm stupid enough to believe that Sam Darnold has been hurt for 4 weeks because of a foot strain that had him in a boot for 2 whole days.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe the Jets are the pathetic losers? No one thought of that one yet, huh?

Big if true.

Anthony Firkser.

Manalapan kid who grew up a Jets fan.  I played with his older brother, Josh.

Nice.

• Like 1

With this offensive scheme and talent, IR'ing Sam doesn't actually seem all that bad.  He would, literally, learn absolutely nothing playing under Bates.

Did Rich Gannon actually just say "this kid, Josh McCown"?

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The Big Picture; simply disgusting Darnold isn't playing. Aren't winning a damn thing that matters. If he's worth a damn, he'll have to play sometimes when he isn't  100%. I do not understand this at all. 

It's a coaching decision.  He has no say in the matter.  It came out last week that he was begging the coaches to let him play.

That's the 4th blown assignment I've seen on Darryl Roberts, including the TD to Firkser.  He is not a Safety by any stretch of the imagination.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I saw an article during the week saying he can play the position im sure it was written by Bowles or Rodgers. 

Honestly, I'm sure he can.  The problem is, the FS is the QB of the back end of the secondary and there is a ton of responsibilities on their plates.  It's not a position you can just throw someone into, let alone someone who has played a totally different position all season long.  Rex tried this one time with Marcus Williams in 2014 (Bowles did too, with the same player), and the results were exactly the same.

Jordan Jenkins has, very quietly, had a really good season.  That's his 6th sack on the year.  Put a legitimate pass rusher across from him and he would benefit greatly.  He's Bryan Thomas with some more pass rushing moves and not a first round draft pick.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Jenkins has definitely shown some serious improvement in his pass rush this year.  If they could get a legit rushing threat on the other side, I think he'd be just fine.

Beat me to it.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jenkins is a poor man’s Bryan Thomas

He's turning into a rich man's Bryan Thomas.

Thomas was a 1st round pick.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company