Jets - Titans Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BroadwayRay said:

Different situation though. Rodgers  and McCarthy are feuding. Who do yo think wins in that situation? After their embarrassing loss today, wouldn’t be surprised is Rodgers insisted that he be fired. 

I don’t see any value in debating the semantics of it. It says a lot how we acted after losing to Bills, vs. their game today. 

Just now, Mark78 said:

Can we just end the season now...can't take it anymore 

How do you think I feeel -- I actually have to go to next weeks game...  for the money I spent on the tix last summer there's no way I can skip it..  at the very least I'll be in the heated seat section with private concessions etc..  

4 minutes ago, Hael said:

Why is everyone so happy...  it’s another depressing win, in a season where we were supposed to flash our young talent, but where instead it’s mostly been a miserable grind every down and every game.

It’s hard to be a fan of this team sometimes.

I'm not happy that the Jets lost. I'm not happy that the Jets have basically wasted a season of Darnold being a cost-controlled rookie in a competition where prudent salary cap management is the only way to long term success.

I'm not happy the Jets stood by Bowles when it became patently obvious that he is not cut out to be the Jets' head coach. He should have been fired at the bye but he managed to surround himself with assistant coaches who aren't head coaching material, making it easy for the Johnsons (who are reluctant at the best of times to fire people who have long outlived their use-by dates) to stick with Bowles and his coordinators for the remainder of the season.

I'm not happy that with Darnold not cleared to play, the Jets have turned to their 39 year old backup rather than test the waters with Webb in a season that's been a waste of time for months.

I'm not happy that the Jets decided that they could make do with a receiving corps comprising Kearse, Enunwa and Anderson when upgrades were available at a reasonable price (by the way, did Mathews even play this game?)

I'm not happy that we've landed a player whose sky was the limit when he came into the league at pick #6 but has regressed to a JAG in the space of a few seasons (Leonard Williams).

I'm not happy that the defence, with so much invested into it, cannot hold out a mediocre QB being coordinated by a coordinator in only his second season in the role in the NFL under a rookie head coach.

I'm not happy about the season.

I'm happy about the result because hopefully it's one step closer to Bowles and his staff being fired and one step closer to having a high draft pick that hopefully can be auctioned to recoup the draft capital spent on moving up to pick #3 this past draft.

Bowles is pathetic; you  cannot plausibly "put the game away" in the 1st half. You have to score points, and they don't score points because there's no talent and no plan on offense. And his beloved defense folds like a cheap table when it matters. And playing a 39 yeAr old guy over a healthy 21  year oLD QB is a JOKE.

"He could have played"  A JOKE. WHAT THE F>>>>

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That’s what you and I get for rooting for a win. Well, at least the draft position guys are happy. Now buckle up for 4 weeks of hire McCarthy threads....

Would love to see McCarthy here but he’ll get much better opportunities besides this sh*t show 

They had success with some medium range passes to Robby earlier in the game and then went away from that.  I didn't see many targets to him after that until one good pass to him later in the 2nd half.  Maybe it was the coverage and adjustments by them but why not stay with it. 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

How do you think I feeel -- I actually have to go to next weeks game...  for the money I spent on the tix last summer there's no way I can skip it..  at the very least I'll be in the heated seat section with private concessions etc..  

I really feel bad for you... seriously.  It wouldn’t go to a game if I had private JET service, luxury box and open bar.   

SELL THE TEAM WOODY!!!!!

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I really feel bad for you... seriously.  It wouldn’t go to a game if I had private JET service, luxury box and open bar.   

SELL THE TEAM WOODY!!!!!

At least Darnold will be playing..  Bowles all but said so in his press conf.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I'm not happy that the Jets lost. I'm not happy that the Jets have basically wasted a season of Darnold being a cost-controlled rookie in a competition where prudent salary cap management is the only way to long term success.

I'm not happy the Jets stood by Bowles when it became patently obvious that he is not cut out to be the Jets' head coach. He should have been fired at the bye but he managed to surround himself with assistant coaches who aren't head coaching material, making it easy for the Johnsons (who are reluctant at the best of times to fire people who have long outlived their use-by dates) to stick with Bowles and his coordinators for the remainder of the season.

I'm not happy that with Darnold not cleared to play, the Jets have turned to their 39 year old backup rather than test the waters with Webb in a season that's been a waste of time for months.

I'm not happy that the Jets decided that they could make do with a receiving corps comprising Kearse, Enunwa and Anderson when upgrades were available at a reasonable price (by the way, did Mathews even play this game?)

I'm not happy that we've landed a player whose sky was the limit when he came into the league at pick #6 but has regressed to a JAG in the space of a few seasons (Leonard Williams).

I'm not happy that the defence, with so much invested into it, cannot hold out a mediocre QB being coordinated by a coordinator in only his second season in the role in the NFL under a rookie head coach.

I'm not happy about the season.

I'm happy about the result because hopefully it's one step closer to Bowles and his staff being fired and one step closer to having a high draft pick that hopefully can be auctioned to recoup the draft capital spent on moving up to pick #3 this past draft.

I’d say for the most part you’re not happy.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

by helping us get a better draft slot i fathom

Yes, but most importantly exposing Bowles, Macc, McCown, and the whole Jets organization as fraudulent pussies!  The Titans should have won that game 50-12, they handed Bowles, and McCown the game, and thankfully Bowles, and McCown have zero clue how to win games so they handed it right back the Titans.

My impression of setting McCown in the game based on his facial expressions. " I didn't sign up for this. I'm siupposed to be on the sidelines helping Sam. And mentoring him at home since we live on the same complex. And listen, I'm a fan of McCown. The Jets will be in the market for an experienced backup next year. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Todd bowles is a good man and the team loves him and he has the jets playing hard, is it his fault the gm gives him no talent?  No way the Jets should embarrass him by firing him during the season.

I HATE Bowles professionally.  When we had better talent he made very poor decisions. 

BUT  you happen to have a good point. MAC has provided him the absolute worst roster in the NFL.   

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Todd says he doesn't know---he doesn't know what is wrong.  Do coaches ever say that?

Big 124 passing yards from Josh today.

Was it 4 penalties on the game winning drive?

That response sounds very Kotiteian

Too late to read the whole thread.  But that third down call by Bates was one of the biggest PsOS I have ever seen.  Make it and the game is over.  And that's what you run!!?? I've said it from day one:  What made them think that Bates had the skill to be OC?  Guy is beyond clueless and devoid of creativity.

Archived