SELL THE TEAM WOODY!!!!!!!!!

joewilly12

While I do agree with the OP 100%, the fact of the matter is the only way to induce this would be to stop buying tickets to the games, stop buying any and all Jets related merchandise, for advertisers and fans to completely disconnect from the franchise until it hits the Johnsons in the wallet. I disconnected myself 3 years ago when on a frigid January day, my team had a chance to go to the playoffs, but their HC decided not to prepare them to play a game against their ex-HC who was on his way out the door himself. I have not watched any games, have not worn or, more importantly, purchased anything Jet related since then, and have not stressed or suffered one second watching amateur garbage on Sundays. Don't you think that if Met Life pulled out for example, based upon their name being associated with losers and a garbage product and stadium for that matter, that may affect how the Johnsons do business? Then again, they appear to be so dumb it actually might not even matter.

Devils advocate - The Johnsons do spend money on players, maybe they just need to get the right people in the FO to do the spending? I just wonder what it would be like as a Jet fan if we really did have the right football people in our FO building a real team. I can promise the Johnson's this, I will not watch, listen to, purchase, follow, or pay any attention to anything they do until such time as they can manage to put a respectable product on the field for the hard working fans, and paying customers to enjoy. I have suffered long enough and am done.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

While I do agree with the OP 100%, the fact of the matter is the only way to induce this would be to stop buying tickets to the games, stop buying any and all Jets related merchandise, for advertisers and fans to completely disconnect from the franchise until it hits the Johnsons in the wallet. I disconnected myself 3 years ago when on a frigid January day, my team had a chance to go to the playoffs, but their HC decided not to prepare them to play a game against their ex-HC who was on his way out the door himself. I have not watched any games, have not worn or, more importantly, purchased anything Jet related since then, and have not stressed or suffered one second watching amateur garbage on Sundays. Don't you think that if Met Life pulled out for example, based upon their name being associated with losers and a garbage product and stadium for that matter, that may affect how the Johnsons do business? Then again, they appear to be so dumb it actually might not even matter.

Devils advocate - The Johnsons do spend money on players, maybe they just need to get the right people in the FO to do the spending? I just wonder what it would be like as a Jet fan if we really did have the right football people in our FO building a real team. I can promise the Johnson's this, I will not watch, listen to, purchase, follow, or pay any attention to anything they do until such time as they can manage to put a respectable product on the field for the hard working fans, and paying customers to enjoy. I have suffered long enough and am done.

They still profit in that scenario 

The $7.8 billion is just one piece of the league's overall revenue, which is estimated at $14 billion for 2017. Goodell has said he'd like the league to reach $25 billion by 2027.

The league also has shared merchandise and other revenue streams 

Each owner gets about 450 million from the league if they don't sell a ticket 

I'm not an accountant but with player salaries at 120 million I think an owner could survive a fan walk out quite nicely 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

These are threads you see when a team is 3-8.

50 years and counting the last 4 years this organization has hit an all time low in everything roster talent, being competitive,coaching in all aspects, drafting the NFL is passing the NY Jets by its more and more evident with each game we play. 

We need an owner who is hands on attends games and sees this weekly and wants to win. 

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This experiment of brother Chris babysitting things has gotten worse neither Johnson brother gets it. 

We need a real owner who is interested in success on the field. 

Many hate Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft but they are concerned about WINNING. 

Ive had enough of the band-aid brothers trying to run a football organization in the NFL. 

@Creepy Lurker

Image result for WOODY AND CHRIS JOHNSON NY JETS PICS

Unfortunately the Jets are not owned by the part of the Johnson family who built J&J, I’m not sure but I think most of them went to Harvard, Woody went to college in Arizona.

The Jets seem to be just a hobby for him and the reason the Jets will not get better until they have a new owner that cares is because the rules of capitalism don’t apply in the NFL.  You can still make all the stupidest and cheapest moves, never make the playoffs and guess what? You STILL split billions of dollars in TV Revenue with the other Owners AND if you’re lucky enough to have a Franchise with NY in front of its name your team will appreciate in value at a $50-100Mill clip PER YEAR....again, doesn’t matter if you lose every game.

If he ever sells, and why would he?  Next owner could be the same way haha...Jets are cursed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

This experiment of brother Chris babysitting things has gotten worse neither Johnson brother gets it. 

Ive had enough of the band-aid brothers trying to run a football organization in the NFL. 

@Creepy Lurker

Why? Because he hasn’t fired Bowles mid season? Give me a break 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

50 years and counting the last 4 years this organization has hit an all time low in everything roster talent, being competitive,coaching in all aspects, drafting the NFL is passing the NY Jets by its more and more evident with each game we play. 

We need an owner who is hands on attends games and sees this weekly and wants to win. 

You watch New Orleans or KC play it looks like the Jets don’t even play the same game hahaha...they’re 1,000 years from being even competitive.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Why? Because he hasn’t fired Bowles mid season? Give me a break 

The fact that he hired Todd Bowles in the first place and also hired a moron GM who has no clue about anything this roster sucks possibly the worst in the NFL. 

They listened to Charlie Casserly?

Have you been watching games do you honestly think Todd Bowles should be coaching NFL football. 

COME ON MAN 

JETUP 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not sure about hands on, but need a owners who hires competent people and demands accountability. No indication anyone is being held accountable for arguably the single worst 4 year stretch of drafting in team history, nor a coaching staff which inexplicably  believes it can win games 13-10 in 2018.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@Creepy Lurker

Lololololololololololol

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Why would you not watch any games but post on a jets fan board?

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Amazon in NYC now. Make it happen bezos.

you got it backwards bro. Bezos should pay for his own Facilty. If 3 billion Tax payers money is going to be handed away then, buy the Jets, just as the people in Green Bay own the Packers. the estimated value of the Jets is 2.85 billion, less than the 3 billion Cuomo robbed from the hardworking people. 

I want to open a business too. can I receive tax payers money to build my business? I guarantee it'll bring more jobs to a city that already has the most jobs in the country. Coumo is a disgrace not only to New York tax payers but to all of America

"America was never great"- Andrew Coumo

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I can promise the Johnson's this, I will not watch, listen to, purchase, follow, or pay any attention to anything they do until such time as they can manage to put a respectable product on the field for the hard working fans, and paying customers to enjoy. I have suffered long enough and am done.

I hear you, dude. But you do know that posting comments here on jet nation is following and paying attention. 

15 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

you got it backwards bro. Bezos should pay for his own Facilty. If 3 billion Tax payers money is going to be handed away then, buy the Jets, just as the people in Green Bay own the Packers. the estimated value of the Jets is 2.85 billion, less than the 3 billion Cuomo robbed from the hardworking people. 

I want to open a business too. can I receive tax payers money to build my business? I guarantee it'll bring more jobs to a city that already has the most jobs in the country. Coumo is a disgrace not only to New York tax payers but to all of America

"America was never great"- Andrew Coumo

What are you blabbing about? I want Bezos to purchase the Jets. Discussion about politics is not allowed here but since you brought it up believe me I am no fan of the guy you're discussing.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What are you blabbing about? I was Bezos to purchase the Jets. Discussion about politics is not allowed here but since you brought it up believe me I am no fan of the guy you're discussing.

how can you support Bezos buying the Jets when he was handed 3 Billion dollars of Tax payers money. Am I missing something? you should hate the guy and Cuomo. they stole your money.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

The Jets have appreciated in value, on paper, $275,000.... 

Per day. Yes, day 

Win or lose. 

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Wow, that is crazy to think about.

Yeah that's why when a rich prick gets a NFL franchise it's, "Til' death do us part." 

9 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

how can you support Bezos buying the Jets when he was handed 3 Billion dollars of Tax payers money. Am I missing something? you should hate the guy and Cuomo. they stole your money.

LOL. What else is new? They've been doing it for years.