SELL THE TEAM WOODY!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. Just....no. 

Middle-Middle class jobs don't raise prices. LOL. Yeah, there's plenty of work in NYC. If you want to be a waiter/bartender forever, or are a Stock Broker or have an MBA. Everything else is GOVERNMENT.  Which, you know, COSTS THE TAXPAYERS MONEY. 

Take a break. You clearly don't know what your talking about. And if you're in Florida (like me), why do you even care anyway?

more people= more dense population. dense population=higher prices. NYC is nothing but waiters and stock brokers??? 

you all can't admit you're wrong so you resort to calling me ignorant and LOLing

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. Just....no. 

Middle-Middle class jobs don't raise prices. LOL. Yeah, there's plenty of work in NYC. If you want to be a waiter/bartender forever, or are a Stock Broker or have an MBA. Everything else is GOVERNMENT.  Which, you know, COSTS THE TAXPAYERS MONEY. 

Take a break. You clearly don't know what your talking about. And if you're in Florida (like me), why do you even care anyway?

Bezos just happened to move into 2 markets in which he already owned residences, one of which is the country's capital and richest metro area in DC, and  the other NYC, center of finance. The whole cities all bidding to outbid each other for Amazon was a remarkable charade to pretty much do what Bezos wanted to do anyway, and to get a mess of tax breaks in some very high tax places in the process. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Bezos just happened to move into 2 markets in which he already owned residences, one of which is the country's capital and richest metro area in DC, and  the other NYC, center of finance. The whole cities all bidding to outbid each other for Amazon was a remarkable charade to pretty much do what Bezos wanted to do anyway, and to get a mess of tax breaks in some very high tax places in the process. 

thank you

Amazon was coming to NYC anyways. Bezos just played everyone who lives there

keep LOLing at me. I'd be laughing back but I feel so terrible for all the hard working people there that pay their overpriced taxes. 

I guess thats why taxes are so high, so they can pay companies to come there.

29 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Just another indicator of bezos' brilliance. We'd be lucky to have an owner capable of making such schrewd moves.

Do you think bezos would have figured out a way to make the west side stadium happen? I do.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

While I do agree with the OP 100%, the fact of the matter is the only way to induce this would be to stop buying tickets to the games, stop buying any and all Jets related merchandise, for advertisers and fans to completely disconnect from the franchise until it hits the Johnsons in the wallet. I disconnected myself 3 years ago when on a frigid January day, my team had a chance to go to the playoffs, but their HC decided not to prepare them to play a game against their ex-HC who was on his way out the door himself. I have not watched any games, have not worn or, more importantly, purchased anything Jet related since then, and have not stressed or suffered one second watching amateur garbage on Sundays. Don't you think that if Met Life pulled out for example, based upon their name being associated with losers and a garbage product and stadium for that matter, that may affect how the Johnsons do business? Then again, they appear to be so dumb it actually might not even matter.

Devils advocate - The Johnsons do spend money on players, maybe they just need to get the right people in the FO to do the spending? I just wonder what it would be like as a Jet fan if we really did have the right football people in our FO building a real team. I can promise the Johnson's this, I will not watch, listen to, purchase, follow, or pay any attention to anything they do until such time as they can manage to put a respectable product on the field for the hard working fans, and paying customers to enjoy. I have suffered long enough and am done.

...and yet you still post here....very admirable.

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If. Amazon. Didn't. Go. There. They. Wouldn't. Have. Those. Decent.  Jobs. At. All. 

And how many businesses (probably many small businesses) are at a competitive disadvantage because the government decided Amazon deserved a tax break?  Why should .gov even have this power in the first place?

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Johnson brothers should be very ashamed of all this and more, hoping they do what right thing very soon. 

You know what...F it. I hope they are embarrassed and become even bigger jokes than they currently are. Let the media pile on and mess with their fragile egos and reputations. I want nothing but the worst for them. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You know what...F it. I hope they are embarrassed and become even bigger jokes than they currently are. Let the media pile on and mess with their fragile egos and reputations. I want nothing but the worst for them. 

They are two nerd geeks with money who have no clue about football. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And how many businesses (probably many small businesses) are at a competitive disadvantage because the government decided Amazon deserved a tax break?  Why should .gov even have this power in the first place?

This here Sears Catalog and that darned Railroad will be the end of all other businesses in 'Merica..... lol

Adapt or die.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

This here Sears Catalog and that darned Railroad will be the end of all other businesses in 'Merica..... lol

Adapt or die.

You're arguing a completely different point.  Why does government get to give one business a massive advantage over another.  Why can't the giant Amazon "adapt or die" when playing on a level playing field?

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Just another indicator of bezos' brilliance. We'd be lucky to have an owner capable of making such schrewd moves.

Do you think bezos would have figured out a way to make the west side stadium happen? I do.

Bezos wouldn’t let Macc and Bowles hang around for 4 years

Just now, Jetsfan125 said:

Stop buying jets merchandise and going to the games. Johnsons will only care if their wallets are hurt. 

PSL's and season tickets paid for already. Many opposing teams fans are buying unsold seats. New uniforms in 2019 a sure way to sell more merchandise. 

I think public humiliation is best banners, billboards etc. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're arguing a completely different point.  Why does government get to give one business a massive advantage over another.  Why can't the giant Amazon "adapt or die" when playing on a level playing field?

Amazon said, "We're looking to put a new facility somewhere,  convince us why we should bring our business to your City". And they got the deal they wanted in the place they wanted to go to in the first place. 

Maybe the question should be, of businesses won't come here unless we give them tax breaks, maybe we should rethink our taxation model. Worked for Texas and Florida and North Carolina...

And if more people wanted to shop in mom n pop shops, they would. But the Amazon business model and convenience made them a huge corporation,  one cities were fighting to attract. They're so successful,  they're able to force other entities to adapt to them....

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL's and season tickets paid for already. Many opposing teams fans are buying unsold seats. New uniforms in 2019 a sure way to sell more merchandise. 

I think public humiliation is best banners, billboards etc. 

New unis classic money grab when team sucks. Terrible ownership 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Amazon said, "We're looking to put a new facility somewhere,  convince us why we should bring our business to your City". And they got the deal they wanted in the place they wanted to go to in the first place. 

Maybe the question should be, of businesses won't come here unless we give them tax breaks, maybe we should rethink our taxation model. Worked for Texas and Florida and North Carolina...

And if more people wanted to shop in mom n pop shops, they would. But the Amazon business model and convenience made them a huge corporation,  one cities were fighting to attract. They're so successful,  they're able to force other entities to adapt to them....

Again, why should government be able to tilt the balance of the playing field?  Once they have that power then they have the power to pick winners and losers, no?  You see my point now?

After taking a political perk job with Trump, Jets fans should have known where his loyalty (and morals) align with. The NFL should have forced him to sell. We are such a mess right now. Who exactly is in charge of such important decisions to be made over the next few months? Chris? Woody? Trump? What a joke

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Again, why should government be able to tilt the balance of the playing field?  Once they have that power then they have the power to pick winners and losers, no?  You see my point now?

Why should Government be involved in my Healthcare? Why does government get to take money from my paycheck that I earned? Why does government get to take money from me when I withdraw from my retirement savings? Why does government get to ignore laws and selectively enforce them? Why does government need to get paid when someone gets married? 

I see your point. It's pointless. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why should Government be involved in my Healthcare? Why does government get to take money from my paycheck that I earned? Why does government get to take money from me when I withdraw from my retirement savings? Why does government get to ignore laws and selectively enforce them? Why does government need to get paid when someone gets married? 

I see your point. It's pointless. 

I agree with your 1st paragraph.  Your 2nd paragraph is way off though.  Pointless?   It IS the point.

I always find it interesting how when things go badly everyone blames Woody.  when we were winning and one of the better teams in the AFC 2000-2011 Woody still sucked and received no credit, when we actually sucked 2012-2016 he got most of the blame then coming into this season w/ so much optimism for this year and the future everyone heaped praise on Chris(even though he didn't do anything) and were thankful Woody wasn't involved in the day to day ops but now that we suck again(mainly b/c Chris did nothing after 2017) it's again all Woody's fault?

7 hours ago, Copernicus said:

After taking a political perk job with Trump, Jets fans should have known where his loyalty (and morals) align with. The NFL should have forced him to sell. We are such a mess right now. Who exactly is in charge of such important decisions to be made over the next few months? Chris? Woody? Trump? What a joke

Woody is one of the dumbest people alive and his bro might be even dumber

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I always find it interesting how when things go badly everyone blames Woody.  when we were winning and one of the better teams in the AFC 2000-2011 Woody still sucked and received no credit, when we actually sucked 2012-2016 he got most of the blame then coming into this season w/ so much optimism for this year and the future everyone heaped praise on Chris(even though he didn't do anything) and were thankful Woody wasn't involved in the day to day ops but now that we suck again(mainly b/c Chris did nothing after 2017) it's again all Woody's fault?

One of the better teams?  We went 4-12 two of those seasons.  The first couple years Woody was here and we barely made the playoffs he inherited Bill Parcells’ roster

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

One of the better teams?  We went 4-12 two of those seasons.  The first couple years Woody was here and we barely made the playoffs he inherited Bill Parcells’ roster

so the "Bill Parcells" roster(which included tons of guys pre Parcells) which made the playoffs once in 4 years w/ BP here?

"barely" made the playoffs, so those playoff years don't count?  from 2001-2010 only a few teams had more playoff apps and even fewer had more playoff wins so yes we were one of the better AFC teams. Not one of the best(that was NE, Pitt, Indy) but we were at the top of that next group along w/ Baltimore.

by the way, in 2001 we had basically the same roster as 2000 where we were 9-4 and lost our last 3 to miss the playoffs.  In 2001 we went on the road at Oakland and beat them to make the playoffs.  we had not win in Oakland since we were known as the New York Titans.

In 2002 we completely retooled the defense and won only our 2nd ever AFC East title. 

In 2004 again retooled the team and won 10 games and were a kick away from the title game.

In 2006 again retooled, again made the playoffs

After a failed Favre experiment in 2008 we hired Rex, drafted Sanchez and made back to back title games for the ONLY time in our history.  Those 4 playoff wins in 2009 & 2010 equaled our total from 1983-2008.  The 6 playoff wins under Woody from 2000-2016(17 seasons) were as many as the Jets franchise had from 1960-1999(40 seasons)

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so the "Bill Parcells" roster(which included tons of guys pre Parcells) which made the playoffs once in 4 years w/ BP here?

"barely" made the playoffs, so those playoff years don't count?  from 2001-2010 only a few teams had more playoff apps and even fewer had more playoff wins so yes we were one of the better AFC teams. Not one of the best(that was NE, Pitt, Indy) but we were at the top of that next group along w/ Baltimore.

by the way, in 2001 we had basically the same roster as 2000 where we were 9-4 and lost our last 3 to miss the playoffs.  In 2001 we went on the road at Oakland and beat them to make the playoffs.  we had not win in Oakland since we were known as the New York Titans.

In 2002 we completely retooled the defense and won only our 2nd ever AFC East title. 

In 2004 again retooled the team and won 10 games and were a kick away from the title game.

In 2006 again retooled, again made the playoffs

After a failed Favre experiment in 2008 we hired Rex, drafted Sanchez and made back to back title games for the ONLY time in our history.  Those 4 playoff wins in 2009 & 2010 equaled our total from 1983-2008.  The 6 playoff wins under Woody from 2000-2016(17 seasons) were as many as the Jets franchise had from 1960-1999(40 seasons)

Vinny, Curtis Martin, Chad Pennington, Mawae, Fabini, Mackenzie, Randy Thomas, Coles, Becht, Abraham, Ferguson, Ellis — all Parcells guys and unlike Mangini he was the actual frickin GM

And we barely made the playoffs Woody’s first 2 years that’s a fact so stop acting like Woody was this great owner 

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Vinny, Curtis Martin, Chad Pennington, Mawae, Fabini, Mackenzie, Randy Thomas, Coles, Becht, Abraham, Ferguson, Ellis — all Parcells guys and unlike Mangini he was the actual frickin GM

And we barely made the playoffs Woody’s first 2 years that’s a fact so stop acting like Woody was this great owner 

Chad, abe, Cole's, Ellis were drafted by groh.

McKenzie drafted by bradway.

Parcells won in 1998 with keyshawn, chrebet, jumbo, odwyer, Brady, Mo, Glenn, mickens, Victor green, etc... Do we penalize him for winning with inherited guys?

Did we make the playoffs or not? Do you prefer barely missing like 1993, 1997, 2000, 2008, 2011, 2015?