This isn't going to be popular but...would you rather have Darnold or Josh Allen + 3 second rounders?

Pointdexter

Well?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Darnold
    • Allen + three second-rounders

20 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Interesting take. I watched the 4th quarter today of the bills/dolphins and Allen was as dynamic and accurate as any rookie I've seen this year. It's interesting because it's as if this board isn't actually watching games or critically thinking on Allen, but rather just regurgitating the same tired arguments from pre-draft. Open your eyes, folks.

He's a dynamic runner, that's it.  I've seen every Bills game living in Western NY and he's wildly inconsistent as a thrower.  He's only moving the offense b/c of his legs.  That'll get curtailed at some point.  The Dolphins, inexplicably, didn't have a spy on him all game.  Terrible defensive game planning.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We took one off at 3.  You don't know who would have moved up and to which spot if the Colts kept the pick out traded too another team

I still think Darnold will end up being the best qb in this draft class but Allen has been the best rookie and there’s a good chance he ends up being second best for his career 

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

How’d Baker look yesterday facing a real defense and not the falcons or bengals?

exactly.  Ordinary, with some garbage time yards.  Guy mouths off too quickly.  the new coach will have a problem with him. Baker will have team seniority

4 hours ago, jack48 said:

exactly.  Ordinary, with some garbage time yards.  Guy mouths off too quickly.  the new coach will have a problem with him. Baker will have team seniority

Obviously you didn’t watch the game, otherwise you’d know he wasn’t playing the entire second half against a garbage time prevent defense. You have an axe to grind against Mayfield, along with your devotion to Sam. Let’s be honest here. Baker was bad in the first half, no argument there. But if Sam had a bad half like that, then came out after halftime and played the second half that Mayfield did yesterday, we’d be falling all over ourselves about how it proved how tough and resilient he was, and what a big step it was in his development. This board would be lit up today praising him.

While the Jets keep Darnold on ice due to practice "reps" I think its fair to point out undrafted free agent Nick Mullens threw for 400 yards at Seattle yesterday. Outside of George Kittle, I cant name one current Niners skill position player. Seattle is also a tougher place to play than Tennessee.

No one will be able to answer this for another 3 to 5 years. If Allen and Darnold have similar careers or Allen has a better career and there was second rounders that we had a chances do get then obviously Allen and three 2nd rounders would have been a better choice. At the moment Darnold was a safer pick because Allen is risky as hell. 

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Obviously you didn’t watch the game, otherwise you’d know he wasn’t playing the entire second half against a garbage time prevent defense. You have an axe to grind against Mayfield, along with your devotion to Sam. Let’s be honest here. Baker was bad in the first half, no argument there. But if Sam had a bad half like that, then came out after halftime and played the second half that Mayfield did yesterday, we’d be falling all over ourselves about how it proved how tough and resilient he was, and what a big step it was in his development. This board would be lit up today praising him.

right. I watch 16 games every Sunday.  And you are a mind reader.  

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I still think Darnold will end up being the best qb in this draft class but Allen has been the best rookie and there’s a good chance he ends up being second best for his career 

I cannot watch all these games, so I rely on commentary.  I like Sam.  I do not dislike the other guys.  Allen is probably a 1 read QB at this time and uses the run option too much.  That is called developing.  I actually wish Sam ran it a little more.  He stopped doing that Game 5 or 6.  All of these rookies get chewed up by good defenses.  Heck, Kirk Cousins gets chewed up by good defenses and he makes 30 mil per annum.  I saw Cowherd yesterday saying the Cards are keeping Rosen's throw totals down because they dont want him to get killed behind that line.  Sam is being hidden in the closet behind ludicrous concerns for what Bowles calls "accuracy issues".  You need 2000 reps to find your accuracy after playing in TC and starting 9 games-because you missed 2 games?  The Jets have totally botched Sam's first year of development and that should terrify Johnson.  The Bills are actually doing the right thing with Allen---keeping him in the fight while he figures it out.

12 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I cannot watch all these games, so I rely on commentary.  I like Sam.  I do not dislike the other guys.  Allen is probably a 1 read QB at this time and uses the run option too much.  That is called developing.  I actually wish Sam ran it a little more.  He stopped doing that Game 5 or 6.  All of these rookies get chewed up by good defenses.  Heck, Kirk Cousins gets chewed up by good defenses and he makes 30 mil per annum.  I saw Cowherd yesterday saying the Cards are keeping Rosen's throw totals down because they dont want him to get killed behind that line.  Sam is being hidden in the closet behind ludicrous concerns for what Bowles calls "accuracy issues".  You need 2000 reps to find your accuracy after playing in TC and starting 9 games-because you missed 2 games?  The Jets have totally botched Sam's first year of development and that should terrify Johnson.  The Bills are actually doing the right thing with Allen---keeping him in the fight while he figures it out.

I actually agree with the jets benching Sam. We should be tanking for a top 3 pick.  Sam might actually win a game

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I actually agree with the jets benching Sam. We should be tanking for a top 3 pick.  Sam might actually win a game

If the purpose is tanking, it makes some sense.  But I reiterate:  Sam still has rookie mistakes to make. . I would rather he make them as a rookie now, and not next year when we should be focused on wins.  As for a 3 pick, everything I hear is that the top players are D guys.  And there probably wont be a worthy QB for some team to offer us a trove of picks.  So I am not real  excited about picking high.

Just now, jack48 said:

If the purpose is tanking, it makes some sense.  But I reiterate:  Sam still has rookie mistakes to make. . I would rather he make them as a rookie now, and not next year when we should be focused on wins.  As for a 3 pick, everything I hear is that the top players are D guys.  And there probably wont be a worthy QB for some team to offer us a trove of picks.  So I am not real  excited about picking high.

I get what you’re saying.  Goff only played part of his rookie year then got better with improved talent on his team and a better coaching staff

Bring in McCarthy and upgrade the talent around Sam he’ll be better next season

I agree. Sam is not Hackenberg and he is not Sanchez.  I am comfortable with that.  I just do not know what his ceiling will be.  He has been horribly coached this season.  Peyton threw a million INTs and won what, one game his rookie year.  Was he damaged for life?

On 12/3/2018 at 7:22 PM, kdels62 said:

Lol if not for that Calloway fumble, Baker leads the comeback. That’s what makes Baker special, your never really out of it with him back there.

Cute but if not for 3 first half INTs they dont need a comeback.  And nothing about his career up to now says no lead is safe facing him.  Thats fantasizing at its finest.

On 12/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, Pointdexter said:

Interesting take. I watched the 4th quarter today of the bills/dolphins and Allen was as dynamic and accurate as any rookie I've seen this year. It's interesting because it's as if this board isn't actually watching games or critically thinking on Allen, but rather just regurgitating the same tired arguments from pre-draft. Open your eyes, folks.

yeah.  mayfield was getting a bust in canton until the last game too.  all of these guys haven't shown much yet.  of the big four it's still mayfield and darnold one-two or maybe two-one.  allen is inaccurate and has been relying on his legs to make plays.  that will only work so far.

Am I the only one in this thread who knows Josh Allen's 90.6 QB rating the last two weeks is the best in the entire NFL? 

Hmmm, but keep telling me how awful he is, how ignorant I am for thinking he's good, and how we should rather have our crotch scrubbed with a herpes-infested wire brush. :-k

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Am I the only one in this thread who knows Josh Allen's 90.6 QB rating the last two weeks is the best in the entire NFL? 

Hmmm, but keep telling me how awful he is, how ignorant I am for thinking he's good, and how we should rather have our crotch scrubbed with a herpes-infested wire brush. :-k

lol

4 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

No you are not but thanks to you more people are aware of it. Living here in Buffalo I get a lot of info on Allen. The Bills love the kid and how he's progressing. They love his running ability but naturally are afraid if injuries because of it.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:21 PM, rangerous said:

yeah.  mayfield was getting a bust in canton until the last game too.  all of these guys haven't shown much yet.  of the big four it's still mayfield and darnold one-two or maybe two-one.  allen is inaccurate and has been relying on his legs to make plays.  that will only work so far.

I think with Allen he still cannot find more than his first read when he drops so he runs hoping someone gets open and he is so good at it he can keep running.  Doe snot mean he does not have a bright future.

Allen would be an absolute train wreck on this team. Josh McCown was pretty good last year, at least showed flashes, and this year he is terrible. Darnold's been up and down. This offense, with Bates at the wheel, has stalled hard and I'm not sure we'll recover, but for Darnold's sake, I hope we show something, anything.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:51 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Josh Allen is a poor thrower of the football. I prefer my quarterbacks to be good throwers of the football. I am happy that Josh Allen is not the quarterback of my football team. 

Josh Allen is a poor thrower of the football but Sam Darnold has a 55 % Completion rate and in his last 3 games his comp rate was 53,48 and 40 . Doesn't that make them both poor throwers of the football ?

Sam seemed to be regressing as the season went on something Jets fans have seen happen with every single QB that has played here in its entire history and yes that Includes Namath. So with history constantly repeating itself and with this team STILL dealing with poor management and equally poor coaching someone please tell me when this ends.

Does anyone here have any faith at all that we can get someone in here like a Sean McVay to right the ship and put our young QB on the right path ?

Does anyone have faith we will surround said QB with the skill players needed for a QB to succeed ? 

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

I think with Allen he still cannot find more than his first read when he drops so he runs hoping someone gets open and he is so good at it he can keep running.  Doe snot mean he does not have a bright future.

maybe.  roethlisberger is able to keep plays going with his legs so maybe allen will be better than what he has shown so far.  but i also see darnold and mayfiled being able to do the same thing.

41 minutes ago, Drums said:

Allen would be an absolute train wreck on this team. Josh McCown was pretty good last year, at least showed flashes, and this year he is terrible. Darnold's been up and down. This offense, with Bates at the wheel, has stalled hard and I'm not sure we'll recover, but for Darnold's sake, I hope we show something, anything.

Last year we had Morton this year we have Bates 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:22 PM, rangerous said:

ouch, but that also assumes mahomes is being coached by reid and has guys like kelce and the departed hunt to make plays.

Anyone who thinks Mahomes would have done here what hes doing in KC (where he has players running wide open all over the field ) is crazy . Mahomes would have been in a similar situation toi every Qb we have seen here in recent history

Archived