If Macagnan is smart...

Philc1

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s on the phone with Mike McCarthy’s agent tonight

Uhm, no. 

Packers fans have been looking to get rid of McCarthy for a while. He's underachieved with Rogers. I don't think he's a bad coach, but he's not some gem, either. 

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s on the phone with Mike McCarthy’s agent tonight

Would be great if Mac actually had any say in this.  

It would be WONDERFUL if the Johnson brothers made the call, since they seem to be running this joke of a franchise anyway.

I was shocked reading the scroll that Mccarthy got axed.  My first thought?   Even if he is not the first choice, we blew it by not firing Bowles after the Buffalo debacle so we could have the opportunity to at least talk to potential HC candidates.  This organization is a friggin' joke.

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Would be great if Mac actually had any say in this.  

It would be WONDERFUL if the Johnson brothers made the call, since they seem to be running this joke of a franchise anyway.

They can get ahead of the game and get McCarthy hired now, fire Bowles tommorow and let whoever be interim head coach last 4 games we lose

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I was shocked reading the scroll that Mccarthy got axed.  My first thought?   Even if he is not the first choice, we blew it by not firing Bowles after the Buffalo debacle so we could have the opportunity to at least talk to potential HC candidates.  This organization is a friggin' joke.

I think Bowles is getting another extension.  It was a close game today

I think McCarthy wore out his welcome in GB with a few sub par seasons and after X amount of years with the same team, the message starts to get lost.  The Jets should definitely kick the tires on him.  He's had way more success in the NFL than any other coach we can possibly bring in so let's not be so quick to dismiss him, regardless of getting only 1 Super Bowl ring with Rodgers.  I'm no, mathematician, but I'm fairly certain that is the same amount of Super Bowls that the Jets have won over the last 50 years.  Just sayin'.  

13 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Please explain how Todd Bowles still being here prevents them from talking to potential replacements. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

Please explain how Todd Bowles still being here prevents them from talking to potential replacements.  

I'm sure they're probably talking to people behind his back, but there's no downside to firing him and no upside to keeping him around while that's going on. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm sure they're probably talking to people behind his back, but there's no downside to firing him and no upside to keeping him around while that's going on. 

I agree. But I keep seeing posts on here about how keeping Bowles is somehow preventing them from talking to other coaches. That is false. They can't talk to coaches who are under contract with another team. But they can interview Mike McCarthy today, using Todd Bowles' office, with him standing in hall watching, if they wanted to.

14 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I wouldn't touch McCarthy with a 10 foot pole. He's had the best QB in the league and hasn't been able to win. Hard pass for me.

the packers also had some pretty bad drafts in recent years and don't exactly go after free agents.  they also lost some pretty good players so it's not all on mccarthy.  and as for not winning with rodgers, what's dan quinn or rivera or even payton's excuse over all the past years?  quinn and rivera may be launched and those guys have matty ice and superman.  payton had a few lean seasons with brees at qb.

Archived