Leonard Williams has turned into Mohammed Wilkerson

Kleckineau

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you really hate him when he sees what a pathetic disgrace this organization is? We embrace losing and he has always been a winner. He wants to get out and I cant blame him. Management has to prove to the best players that they want to change but they don't seem to want to? Sso why does this make Leo a bad guy???

For all of the talk of the team fighting for Bowles, the writing is on the wall. Players have either given up or are done being used incorrectly. Even Robby. Yeah, he is acting like a punk again, but this always happens more at the end of the season when the team and specifically the O is stagnate (crappy). I would rather have him act out then players just giving up. Hopefully a new coach can save more than one career.

37 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh. I can’t judge players too harshly anymore on this team with bowles. Bowles does nothing with talent to make them better. Adams career will be saved by the new change while it’s still early. 

100% correct. Good call 

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is on Bowles as well.  He merely watched as guys like mo wilk, revis and shelrich floated and nothing happened except they were praised by our fool coach.  For a Parcells 'disciple this guy is as far from that as you can get.

Mo and Sheldon watched Revis and Cro walk all over Bowles.

Darron Lee and Leonard Williams watched Mo and Sheldon walk all over Bowles.

sh*t is linear. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

What a bum he has turned into. He spent most of this game getting up off his back.

Official stat line?  1/2 tackle

Buh bye.

This is a low blow. If Wilkerson was here, he would be really insulted right now lol.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

He will be franchise tagged and get one more year to prove himself?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Jets already exercised the $14 million 5th-year option for 2019.  https://nypost.com/2018/04/21/jets-pick-up-fifth-year-option-on-leonard-williams-contract/

A franchise tag would be for 2020 and he is obviously nowhere near franchise tag worthy.  And it's looking like $14 million for another year isn't worth it.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jets already exercised the $14 million 5th-year option for 2019.  https://nypost.com/2018/04/21/jets-pick-up-fifth-year-option-on-leonard-williams-contract/

A franchise tag would be for 2020 and he is obviously nowhere near franchise tag worthy.  And it's looking like $14 million for another year isn't worth it.

That’s the beauty of the option. They can change their mind before the season starts. I’d trade him for anything because any team interested would know that he’s not worth that salary and that we’d probably cut him. Maybe we can get a 4th for him or something and not have his cap hit. I know we have cap space and wouldn’t mind overpaying a little but this guy has become garbage. 

As someone has already said, he was double teamed all game.  This is not an indictment on Leonard Williams, but an indictment on the fact that the other D-linemen are not good enough to double-team.  We need better corners, better middle linebackers, and a pass rusher who will allow Leonard Williams not to get double-teamed on every play.

16 minutes ago, Alka said:

As someone has already said, he was double teamed all game.  This is not an indictment on Leonard Williams, but an indictment on the fact that the other D-linemen are not good enough to double-team.  We need better corners, better middle linebackers, and a pass rusher who will allow Leonard Williams not to get double-teamed on every play.

I saw plenty of plays where he wasn’t. I think this excuse is way overblown. He gets doubled but who doesn’t? 3-4 D line is notorious for players getting doubled. 

I love the "he was double teamed excuse".  If you want to be great you will get double teamed, the top players still find a way to produce when double teamed.  I am not giving up on him, I think losing wears down players.  Remember how fat and lazy Mo Lewis got in the mid 90s then was rejuvenated under parcells.  Leonard needs a fresh start w/ a real HC.

This is a very poorly coached team. Leo doesn't use his hands well. Doesn't get low enough alot. Receiver spacing is terrible. They showed that yesterday. Bates is a horror show. The only coaches earning their money., is greene, and Boyer, the special teams guy. Maybe dennison, considering the talent level there.

Archived