Convince me on McCarthy.(And if you don’t like McCarthy then convince me on your most desired candidate)

Patriot Killa

Advocates of McCarthy...show me the light. Packer fans are telling me that he is too conservative and he’ll run on 3rd/10. They tell me he’ll try to force schemes on players that don’t fit and he’ll fail at it. They say he isn’t creative enough.

Some of them say he’s a good coach and had success but his play calling has been outdated.

use this thread to convince me that he’s the first guy you schedule an interview with this offseason. 

Edit:: And If you hate the guy as an option, convince me on your desired candidate.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCarthy not playing Aaron Jones when it was clear to the whole world that AaJo was the best RB on his roster, and with the whole world telling him as much, should make it clear that McCarthy is the wrong guy.

Not interested in coaches that can't figure out an obvious depth chart.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Proven commodity.  He put Roger's in a position to be successful.  I would buy into the notion he can do that for Darnold. Darnold could be a lot like Roger's given the right guidance.  

Have a lot of folks saying that Rodgers made McCarthy. So with that said — how would you distinguish and hand out the correct credit for the success Rodgers has had in GB?

what makes you say “McCarthy did this with Rodgers and this is what he’s great.”

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

Packers fire HC Mike McCarthy: A+ Grade
It's about damn time. The Packers finally fired one of the worst head coaches in the NFL. This is something that should've happened long ago, but better late than never.

This is one of the easiest grades I've ever had to make. Mike McCarthy is a horrible coach. He's been doing a poor job for years, and it's only because of Aaron Rodgers that he's been able to hold on to his job for so long. Rodgers, by the way, is the only reason why McCarthy has been able to establish such a great career record. He owes his career to Rodgers.

And yet, McCarthy hamstrung Rodgers with a 1990s offense. With the Chiefs, Rams, etc. running creative schemes, it's embarrassing that the Packers have been running stuff from the Stone Ages. They need a young, innovative mind to replace McCarthy. Or, really, anyone to replace McCarthy.

By the way, check out Kenny Ortiz's rant about McCarthy on the WF Podcast (47:45 mark). It's hilarious.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php#SgBqA3Z3myFZA5w8.99

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

Packers fire HC Mike McCarthy: A+ Grade
It's about damn time. The Packers finally fired one of the worst head coaches in the NFL. This is something that should've happened long ago, but better late than never.

This is one of the easiest grades I've ever had to make. Mike McCarthy is a horrible coach. He's been doing a poor job for years, and it's only because of Aaron Rodgers that he's been able to hold on to his job for so long. Rodgers, by the way, is the only reason why McCarthy has been able to establish such a great career record. He owes his career to Rodgers.

And yet, McCarthy hamstrung Rodgers with a 1990s offense. With the Chiefs, Rams, etc. running creative schemes, it's embarrassing that the Packers have been running stuff from the Stone Ages. They need a young, innovative mind to replace McCarthy. Or, really, anyone to replace McCarthy.

By the way, check out Kenny Ortiz's rant about McCarthy on the WF Podcast (47:45 mark). It's hilarious.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php#SgBqA3Z3myFZA5w8.99

Ewww Walterfootball is useless! But I’m also not saying that the write up is completely inaccurate. I just hate Walterfootball 

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Advocates of McCarthy...show me the light. Packer fans are telling me that he is too conservative and he’ll run on 3rd/10. They tell me he’ll try to force schemes on players that don’t fit and he’ll fail at it. They say he isn’t creative enough.

Some of them say he’s a good coach and had success but his play calling has been outdated.

use this thread to convince me that he’s the first guy you schedule an interview with this offseason.

Can't, won't, and have zero interest in listening to someone try, and convince me.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Have a lot of folks saying that Rodgers made McCarthy. So with that said — how would you distinguish and hand out the correct credit for the success Rodgers has had in GB?

what makes you say “McCarthy did this with Rodgers and this is what he’s great.”

I mean the proof is in the pudding, look at all the success his former OC's have had as HC's, oh wait.........................

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Amazing how McCarthy sucks but LaFleur barely beat a Todd Bowles defense today and that’s the guy people are salivating over

Is that the guy who was held to 2 FGs in the first half, then AFTER HALFTIME, Tenn MADE ADJUSTMENTS and ended up producing?:

NYJ     TN

Total Plays 65 60
Total Yards 280 403
Total Drives 13 14
Yards per Play 4.3 6.7
Passing 124 273

Rushing 156 130
Rushing Attempts 33 22
Yards per rush 4.7 5.9
Red Zone (Made-Att) 0-3 3-5

50 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because Rodgers didn't  come into the league  as a HOF QB and Favre wasn't  a guy he learned from. The styles are night and day. MM had to have some influence and surrounded him with good people.  

Not a fan of his nothing special hope we don't get him.  BUT, this poor little rogers bit is getting nauseating as well.  Every other Qb i the league including brady take flack when the team is not doing well but with Rogers it is all the coaches fault,

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not convincing you. I want this guy FAR away from the Jets. This guy is Todd Bowles level bad. If you go 4-7 with Aaron Rodgers on your team you deserve to be fired and never get a job again in the NFL. 

Edit: I'll give you my recommendation... It won't be liked much but Scott Linehan is my pick. I like what he has done with Dak in Dallas. I feel he could build a nice playbook for Sam and help Maccagnan (if he isn't fired) get some pieces around Darnold. No defensive coach is going to get my pick... Not in the 2018 NFL. Offensive wins games now, these defensive guys just look plain antiquated in todays NFL. I wouldn't be mad at Defilippo either, but Linehan has more experience. 

I want Mike Westhoff.

He's an OLD-School HARDASS that will hold his players accountable. If you don't TRUST him as a HC, then place him as the vaunted "FOOTBALL CZAR" that so many here are clamoring for and let him choose the "football people" from GM on down. 

I never wanted him as a HC in the past when he was a consideration, but at this point his sense of telling-it-like-it-is and holding people accountable would go a long way with the fanbase.

He's fiery and probably has a chip on his shoulder with something to prove. 

Than MAN HUNTS SHARKS WITH A TITANIUM LEG after having BEATEN CANCER with his BARE HANDS!

2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Not convincing you. I want this guy FAR away from the Jets. This guy is Todd Bowles level bad. If you go 4-7 with Aaron Rodgers on your team you deserve to be fired and never get a job again in the NFL. 

Edit: I'll give you my recommendation... It won't be liked much but Scott Linehan is my pick. I like what he has done with Dak in Dallas. I feel he could build a nice playbook for Sam and help Maccagnan (if he isn't fired) get some pieces around Darnold. No defensive coach is going to get my pick... Not in the 2018 NFL. Offensive wins games now, these defensive guys just look plain antiquated in todays NFL. 

It wouldn't be his first rodeo as a HC which goes a LOOOOOOOONG way with this fanbase and its impatience with rookie HCs

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I want Mike Westhoff.

He's an OLD-School HARDASS that will hold his players accountable. If you don't TRUST him as a HC, then place him as the vaunted "FOOTBALL CZAR" that so many here are clamoring for and let him choose the "football people" from GM on down. 

I never wanted him as a HC in the past when he was a consideration, but at this point his sense of telling-it-like-it-is and holding people accountable would go a long way with the fanbase.

He's fiery and probably has a chip on his shoulder with something to prove. 

Than MAN HUNTS SHARKS WITH A TITANIUM LEG after having BEATEN CANCER with his BARE HANDS!

That just can't happen... I mean I like the guy but he's 70 and being a head coach is very taxing. Good coaches are putting in over 60 hours a week. Let him enjoy his retirement. 

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It wouldn't be his first rodeo as a HC which goes a LOOOOOOOONG way with this fanbase and its impatience with rookie HCs

Exactly. His first stint was also with the lost St. Louis Rams without Kurt Warner. I think he deserves a second chance and with another young QB he can work with.

Archived