Boomer this morning...

NYallDay

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So let's hire Brian Billick or Gary Kubiak while we are at it. Is Barry Switzer still alive? 

It's as if some of you only watch Jets games. Why do you think the Packers fired mccarthy? Because he can't win with Rodgers. He sucks as a coach. 

77FF3F9D-7922-4F7D-9EC3-BDC26C43B3A7.thumb.jpeg.7f6f11d222f2263a92c6361a451177bc.jpeg

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So let's hire Brian Billick or Gary Kubiak while we are at it. Is Barry Switzer still alive? 

It's as if some of you only watch Jets games. Why do you think the Packers fired mccarthy? Because he can't win with Rodgers. He sucks as a coach. 

His treatment of Aaron Jones alone tells you that...No thanks.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ll believe it when I see it

Frankly I don’t know why everyone is saying no respectable coach would want to come here. The job security is f*cking fantastic. 

I don’t know why people just don’t live at the Motel 6. It’s cheap and the bedbug situation isn’t that bad in the winter.

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

His treatment of Aaron Jones alone tells you that...No thanks.

Early in the season every expert (not the idiots on TV but the analytics guys) were yelling for jones to play over Williams. Mccarthy refused until Rodgers opened his mouth and basically forced Mccarthy to do the right thing. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Early in the season every expert (not the idiots on TV but the analytics guys) were yelling for jones to play over Williams. Mccarthy refused until Rodgers opened his mouth and basically forced Mccarthy to do the right thing. 

Kinda hard to start Jones when he’s suspended 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not happening today.   Going to have to wait till after the season is over.  

It could happen if Bowles asks for it to happen. He’s got a future in the league and every day he stays on as Jets Coach, his reputation worsens. Might be wise to cut out, stay off the map a bit, then latch on as DC in Cleveland when they hire Arians.

Firing Bowles today sends the players a message. Look at Leonard Williams all he has known is 5-11 seasons and he is comftorable. Players need to know there are serious consequences to playing undisciplined stupid football. They are comftorable loosing and cashing those checks.

I think the Jets would be doing Bowles a favor in firing him immediately. The guy looked totally lost at his press conference and even admitted he doesn't know whats wrong OR how to fix it. Put Bowles and Jet Fans out their misery and just let the man go. He is done. D-O-N-E. Keeping him on only prolongs his agony and ours.

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

Firing Bowles today sends the players a message. Look at Leonard Williams all he has known is 5-11 seasons and he is comftorable. Players need to know there are serious consequences to playing undisciplined stupid football. They are comftorable loosing and cashing those checks.

This

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Kinda hard to start Jones when he’s suspended 

Comical. He was suspended only 2 games. When he returned he only averaged 8 carries a game for the first 4 weeks. Even after that he was completely misused. You have Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams and an emerging star in Aaron jones yet you can't win games. Sure, lets bring him to the Jets where we don't have a HOF QB, we don't have a top 5 WR and we don't have an emerging Rb like Jones. What could possibly go wrong?????

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It could happen if Bowles asks for it to happen. He’s got a future in the league and every day he stays on as Jets Coach, his reputation worsens. Might be wise to cut out, stay off the map a bit, then latch on as DC in Cleveland when they hire Arians.

Sure, if Bowles taps out then yes.  

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Coincidentally both “successful” runs the Jets have had under Woody were rosters built by guys capable of making adult decisions in Parcells and Mangini.

Yes.  Mangini was very adult.  The way he handled Pete Kendall screamed maturity.  Ignoring Shaun Rogers.  Quizzing guys on what special teams LBs were on the opposing preseason roster and w what quotes were written in the lccker room.   Give me a ******* break. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes.  Mangini was very adult.  The way he handled Pete Kendall screamed maturity.  Ignoring Shaun Rogers.  Quizzing guys on what special teams LBs were on the opposing preseason roster and w what quotes were written in the lccker room.   Give me a ******* break. 

Capable of making decisions. Mangini wasn’t a good coach and was a prick, but in terms of personnel people the Jets have had- him and Parcells were most responsible for the success the Jets have had under the Johnsons.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Why doesn't Todd Bowles just resign and scapegoat MM for supplying him a crappy roster. Bowles is a bad HC but I would have a little respect for him if he did this. Expose the Jets nothing to lose. 

Throwing your GM under the bus is a surefire way of never getting another HC job in the league. 

Quitting on your team is a surefire way of never getting another HC job in the league. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Comical. He was suspended only 2 games. When he returned he only averaged 8 carries a game for the first 4 weeks. Even after that he was completely misused. You have Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams and an emerging star in Aaron jones yet you can't win games. Sure, lets bring him to the Jets where we don't have a HOF QB, we don't have a top 5 WR and we don't have an emerging Rb like Jones. What could possibly go wrong?????

He was in a committee when he came back and got most of the touches. You act like Jones had Ladainian Tomlinson’s resume before he got suspended 

Thanks for playing tho

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He was in a committee when he came back and got most of the touches. You act like Jones had Ladainian Tomlinson’s resume before he got suspended 

Thanks for playing tho

Thanks for playing? Did you not watch Jones play last year? He should have started the week after his suspension. He is an explosive dynamic player. Again, you're a Jets fan that watches highlights of other games on NFL Today or NFL Primetime. No real understanding of the game, just falls in love with the names. Ooh look, a shiny Mike Mccarthy. I remember him winning a SB, let's hire him and ignore all his other failures as a coach. Maybe the Packers, who see him operate every day, are firing him to do us a favor because we all know that all the great head coaches always get fired mid-season. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Capable of making decisions. Mangini wasn’t a good coach and was a prick, but in terms of personnel people the Jets have had- him and Parcells were most responsible for the success the Jets have had under the Johnsons.

Eh.   I think people sell what Rex did short. His lunacy and inability to provide sustainable success kept him from the Baltimore job or getting interviews elsewhere, but I don't believe it was the roster that got them to those AFCGs.  There certainly was enough turnover -especially by 2010 which was a superior team. even without Jenkins. 

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.   I think people sell what Rex did short. His lunacy and inability to provide sustainable success kept him from the Baltimore job or getting interviews elsewhere, but I don't believe it was the roster that got them to those AFCGs.  There certainly was enough turnover -especially by 2010 which was a superior team. even without Jenkins. 

Core was all brought in by Mangini, save Leonard and Bart Scott, who to Rex’s credit we’re both good signings. I guess if you want to consider Holmes and Edwards too.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Core was all brought in by Mangini, save Leonard and Bart Scott, who to Rex’s credit we’re both good signings. I guess if you want to consider Holmes and Edwards too.

We had 9 different starters in 2009 including the quarterback

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

It must be brutal for him to go in to work every day in a place where you're clearly not wanted anymore. Everyone in the building knows you're done for. It must be humiliating. 

In some ways it's more cruel to keep him this last month than to just fire him now.

Maybe that’s why they haven’t fired him? ?

Archived