Boomer this morning...

NYallDay

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Throwing your GM under the bus is a surefire way of never getting another HC job in the league. 

Quitting on your team is a surefire way of never getting another HC job in the league. 

Disagree this is the NY Jets the entire league knows the issues here and the losing culture it beats the best down. 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

It must be brutal for him to go in to work every day in a place where you're clearly not wanted anymore. Everyone in the building knows you're done for. It must be humiliating. 

In some ways it's more cruel to keep him this last month than to just fire him now.

The only hope that Bowles still being here gives me is that the Jets are going to do the right thing, and get rid of both of them, rather than the laughable mistake we're all expecting them to make, in giving Macc more time to take this team further than it's ever been from a being a competitor.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

The only hope that Bowles still being here gives me is that the Jets are going to do the right thing, and get rid of both of them, rather than the laughable mistake we're all expecting them to make, in giving Macc more time to take this team further than it's ever been from a being a competitor.

This makes perfect sense fire them both together on Black Monday.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks for the heads up like Boomer Esiason, he has been spot on throughout this season. 

Let's hope by 4pm today we have an interim HC and TB is history. 

He was wrong about Chandler Jones trade. I hope hes right now though

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Same here. I’m pulling hard for Bowles to finish out the season, because it’s the only hope we have of a clean sweep.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.   I think people sell what Rex did short. His lunacy and inability to provide sustainable success kept him from the Baltimore job or getting interviews elsewhere, but I don't believe it was the roster that got them to those AFCGs.  There certainly was enough turnover -especially by 2010 which was a superior team. even without Jenkins. 

My favorite thingy ever invented by Jets fans.  It was Mangini's teams, besides the 11 new starters Rex brought in. 

And I'm sure Mangini truly appreciated the thank you card from Rex for leaving him Kellen Clemens, Thomas Jones and Chansi Stuckey!!!!

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Same here. I’m pulling hard for Bowles to finish out the season, because it’s the only hope we have of a clean sweep.

don't have to fire them both at once.  if it seems like bowles has lost the team, get rid of him now, then figure out if you're keeping the gm.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

My favorite thingy ever invented by Jets fans.  It was Mangini's teams, besides the 11 new starters Rex brought in. 

And I'm sure Mangini truly appreciated the thank you card from Rex for leaving him Kellen Clemens, Thomas Jones and Chansi Stuckey!!!!

We went from a HOF qb in Favre to Mark Sanchez who had 11 starts in college

Just now, Augustiniak said:

don't have to fire them both at once.  if it seems like bowles has lost the team, get rid of him now, then figure out if you're keeping the gm.

I guess it’s possible, but firing Bowles in-season would seem to me to be a sign that Maccagnan is staying.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I guess it’s possible, but firing Bowles in-season would seem to me to be a sign that Maccagnan is staying.

for most teams but not necessarily this one.  

i think there has been some experimentation by playing mccown the past few weeks to see how much of the offense's failures could be blamed on darnold.  now that it's clear the problems go way beyond him, another question that can be answered is, what happens to the team's performance and morale if they get rid of bowles?  truth, the jets have a few winable games left.  the bills and packers games can be won.  it would be interested to see how the team plays if bowles is not the coach.  

1 hour ago, NYallDay said:

“Watch the Todd Bowles situation today...”

He didn’t elaborate but I know he gets insider info. Just wanted to let everyone know who didn’t hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"So you're saying there's a chance the Jets job could open up again?"

rexy.gif.8148c160ccca14adaeb87190e407b121.gif

Everyone in the Football World knows Todd is done....The fans, the media, the players, the coaching staff and Todd himself. The Jets think they are doing the right thing by letting him finish the season but he needs to be put out of his misery already. Why trot him out in front of the media for 4 more games to answer questions he doesn’t have the answer to? 

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Everyone in the Football World knows Todd is done....The fans, the media, the players, the coaching staff and Todd himself. The Jets think they are doing the right thing by letting him finish the season but he needs to be put out of his misery already. Why trot him out in front of the media for 4 more games to answer questions he doesn’t have the answer to? 

Agree this entire situation is hurting his chances of ever landing any job in the NFL. 

Resign already. 

NFL Network just said: A lot going on with those Jets might be some furniture moving, 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

It must be brutal for him to go in to work every day in a place where you're clearly not wanted anymore. Everyone in the building knows you're done for. It must be humiliating. 

In some ways it's more cruel to keep him this last month than to just fire him now.

Yup, a huge toxic mess the jets have created and it’ll leave a mark on players. No question. 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Dennison 

Make Dennison HC/OC. Either demote Bates back to qb coach or fire him too. Rodgers should go too obviously, maybe Green can be DC? Can't fire all the coaches now I guess. Although the local high school staff could do a better job than this sad bunch. 

Archived