Boomer this morning...

NYallDay

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Kinda hard to start Jones when he’s suspended 

he waited multiple weeks after the suspension was over using the terrible Jamaal Williams most of the time because he is allegedly slightly better in pass protection.  Meanwhile, the most productive offensive player on the team not named Rodgers or Adams was left rotting on the bench for most of the games as a back-up even though he had the best yards per carry in the league.  

If you listen to the consensus among Packer fans, they will tell you that McCarthy is TERRIBLE.  Go ahead and ask Packer fans if you don't believe it.  Just because he's not Bowles doesn't make him an acceptable choice forthe Jets.  

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He was in a committee when he came back and got most of the touches. You act like Jones had Ladainian Tomlinson’s resume before he got suspended 

Thanks for playing tho

Williams was the starter for multiple weeks after the suspension.  Jones did not get a lot of carries, certainly not as many as a #1 RB should get.  He had the best yards per carry in the NFL but McCarthy played him under 50% of the snaps for a couple of weeks.  Finally he acquiesced to starting Jones when the pressure from the rest of planet Earth finally cracked McCarthy's stubborn, thick skull.  He sucks.

2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

If the Jets fire Bulls now it's all because McCarthy got fired hence meaning that the Jets have no balls and they waited to see the reaction when another coach is fired midseason. This management cannot make decisions on their own they have to hire consultants in order to hire a head coach for them. The Johnsons can't make any decisions on their own they wait and see and react based on what others around them do. 

Browns fired their head coach a month ago and played better afterwards/

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fire Bowles, Bates, Kacy Rodgers. Make Greene head coach, Mike Caldwell DC, and let Karl Dorrell call plays. Roll some bones here.

Yes. Make a strong statement for once and just do what needs to be done now. Hell, the Packers don't even HAVE an owner an managed to pull off an in-season firing.  Of course it'll never happen, but it's something a legitimate organization would do. Enough is enough.

34 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Make Dennison HC/OC. Either demote Bates back to qb coach or fire him too. Rodgers should go too obviously, maybe Green can be DC? Can't fire all the coaches now I guess. Although the local high school staff could do a better job than this sad bunch. 

The ilb coach has the title of asst. Head coach.  how bad can he be?

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

???????

Don't question it.  Just count your blessings. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Pouha was inherited, Shepherd wasn’t a significant playe, Stuckey was Mangini

Strongly disagree that Sheppard wasn't signifcant.  He was a starting CB and I think his being dinged against the Colts, together with Strickland tearing his groin caused the Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon show in the playoffs.   Strange to see Pouha who was already 30 but had sucked under Herm and Mangini listed.  Same with Stuckey who was drafted in 2008 and traded after the 1st 4 games under Rex for Edwards.  IMO Marques Douglas was also significant, but by your definition, probably not 

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he waited multiple weeks after the suspension was over using the terrible Jamaal Williams most of the time because he is allegedly slightly better in pass protection.  Meanwhile, the most productive offensive player on the team not named Rodgers or Adams was left rotting on the bench for most of the games as a back-up even though he had the best yards per carry in the league.  

If you listen to the consensus among Packer fans, they will tell you that McCarthy is TERRIBLE.  Go ahead and ask Packer fans if you don't believe it.  Just because he's not Bowles doesn't make him an acceptable choice forthe Jets.  

Eagles fans warned us about Kotite, but oh no, we wouldn't listen. 

46 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Browns fired their head coach a month ago and played better afterwards/

Do we actually want to play better?  It's not like the playoffs are in reach. I guess we can get our usual 5-11 and the 6th seed, but that is not a goal I aspire to reach. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Don't question it.  Just count your blessings. 

Strongly disagree that Sheppard wasn't signifcant.  He was a starting CB and I think his being dinged against the Colts, together with Strickland tearing his groin caused the Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon show in the playoffs.   Strange to see Pouha wwho was already 30 but had sucked under Herm and Mangini listed.  Same with Stuckey who was drafted in 2008 and traded after the 1st 4 games under Rex for Edwards.  IMO Marques Douglas was also significant, but by your definition, probably not 

Eagles fans warned us about Kotite, but oh no, we wouldn't listen. 

Do we actually want to play better?  It's not like the playoffs are in reach. I guess we can get our usual 5-11 and the 6th seed, but that is not a goal I aspire to reach. 

You are right on the 2009 Championship game.  we lost a ton of guys in the secondary during that game and that's when Indy took off.  People think we had a better D in 2010 b/c we added Crop but Cro wasn't very good most of that year and our 2009 D was far and away better than 2010.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fire Bowles, Bates, Kacy Rodgers. Make Greene head coach, Mike Caldwell DC, and let Karl Dorrell call plays. Roll some bones here.

Of course it's the number of decisions that would need to be made that is the reason they are doing everything possible to avoid making a midseason move.  I mean, who do you really think among the folks running this team would actually make all of those decisions (or, in reality, just more than one of those)?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Core was all brought in by Mangini, save Leonard and Bart Scott, who to Rex’s credit we’re both good signings. I guess if you want to consider Holmes and Edwards too.

Mangini was NOT the GM, he didn't bring anyone in.  Tannebaum was the GM and w/ Tannenbaum's teams Mangini couldn't win yet rex had us at the doorstep of the Super Bowl multiple times.

2009 key contributors brought in after Mangini left:

Sanchez, Greene, Braylon, Scott, Leonhard

2010 key contributors brought in post Mangini:

Sanchez, Greene, Braylon, Holmes, Scott, Leonhard(until he got hurt), LT, Slauson, Cro, Pool

Isn't it amazing how Mangini couldn't win w/ the group he left rex despite having a HOF QB, no Brady and a creampuff schedule in 2008? then w/ a rookie QB in 2009 the Jets lead in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Mangini was NOT the GM, he didn't bring anyone in.  Tannebaum was the GM and w/ Tannenbaum's teams Mangini couldn't win yet rex had us at the doorstep of the Super Bowl multiple times.

2009 key contributors brought in after Mangini left:

Sanchez, Greene, Braylon, Scott, Leonhard

2010 key contributors brought in post Mangini:

Sanchez, Greene, Braylon, Holmes, Scott, Leonhard(until he got hurt), LT, Slauson, Cro, Pool

Isn't it amazing how Mangini couldn't win w/ the group he left rex despite having a HOF QB, no Brady and a creampuff schedule in 2008? then w/ a rookie QB in 2009 the Jets lead in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game.

The 2009 and 2008 team had identical records. The core players were all drafted/signed while Mangini was the HC. Not debatable. Revis, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Faneca, Keller, Lowrey, Woody, Pace, Leon, Brad Smith, hell Eric Smith, Jones, Richardson- all during Manginis tenure. If you want to credit Tannenbaum that's fine, but the drafts went south once Mangini left as did the Jets record as the core got older. Tannenbaum has been awful in Miami as well on his own. 

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

“Watch the Todd Bowles situation today...”

He didn’t elaborate but I know he gets insider info. Just wanted to let everyone know who didn’t hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from his lips to God's ears.  It's time.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The 2009 and 2008 team had identical records. The core players were all drafted/signed while Mangini was the HC. Not debatable. Revis, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Faneca, Keller, Lowrey, Woody, Pace, Leon, Brad Smith, hell Eric Smith, Jones, Richardson- all during Manginis tenure. If you want to credit Tannenbaum that's fine, but the drafts went south once Mangini left as did the Jets record as the core got older. Tannenbaum has been awful in Miami as well on his own. 

The 2009 Jets played a tougher schedule, some guy named Tom Brady came back. Just because records were the same doesn't mean the teams were. The 2009 Jets would have won the AFC East  in 2008 and could have won the super bowl.  The 2008 Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2009.

Where were the great Mangini drafts without tannenbaum? Last I checked Mangini made it 2 more seasons with 2 losing records without tannenbaum and tannenbaum helped build another playoff team.  Also the last time I checked we haven't made the playoffs since tannenbaum was fired.

2006-2012 with tannenbaum: 3 playoff apps, 4 playoff wins, 4 winning seasons, 3 losing seasons

2013-current without him: ZERO playoff apps, 4 losing seasons, 1 winning season.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The 2009 Jets played a tougher schedule, some guy named Tom Brady came back. Just because records were the same doesn't mean the teams were. The 2009 Jets would have won the AFC East  in 2008 and could have won the super bowl.  The 2008 Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2009.

Where were the great Mangini drafts without tannenbaum? Last I checked Mangini made it 2 more seasons with 2 losing records without tannenbaum and tannenbaum helped build another playoff team.  Also the last time I checked we haven't made the playoffs since tannenbaum was fired.

2006-2012 with tannenbaum: 3 playoff apps, 4 playoff wins, 4 winning seasons, 3 losing seasons

2013-current without him: ZERO playoff apps, 4 losing seasons, 1 winning season.

If you're arguing Tannenbaum was probably better than Idzik and the current GM, I wont argue back. But Mangini was here while the core was buil(to say he wasnt involved in the draft isnt true as he ran the pre draft interviews) for the 09/10 teams and the roster drastically fell apart by 2012 because the Jets drafted terribly. That trend has continued till the present.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The 2009 had 2008 team had identical records. The core players were all drafted/signed while Mangini was the HC. Not debatable. Revis, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Faneca, Keller, Lowrey. Woody, Pace, Leon, Brad Smith, hell Eric Smith, Jones, Richardson- all during Manginis tenure. If you want to credit Tannenbaum that's fine, but the drafts went south once Mangini left as did the Jets record as the core got older. Tannenbaum has been awful in Miami as well on his own. 

So if you keep repeating this, do you hope one day Vernon Gholston will magically disappear from existence?  The entire argument of baselessly crediting Mangini for the work of others is dependent on dismissing him being here for the drafting of one of the NFL's all-time biggest busts.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, he couldn't win with Rodgers the last few years lets see what he can do without Rodgers....

Can we bring someone dynamic and not a guy that won off the back of a great QB that forced him out of a job because even Rodgers knew Mccarthy sucked. 

I get this argument but then you'd also be saying that you wouldn't hire Belichick. 

Archived