What will you do when you find out Todd Bowles will be back next season?

Philc1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bowles is back next year, I will not watch a single game.  Why would I?  For that matter, why would any sane person.  We are witnessing Bowles' peak as a coach right now.  Sure the talent could be much better (which is why we need to fire Macc), but even if we had the best team in football, Bowles would find creative ways for us to lose.  So yeah, I would skip the obvious 2-14 season.

Sure someone associated with the Jets PR department tracks fan reaction and support. Not so much for coaching and personnel decisions but too monitor market share of its fan base in order to grow it. They must be fighting a real up hill battle at this point to just find a way to keep the status quote.

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

He has no chance of returning. He has proven he cannot fix ANY offensive problem and he admitted so in his post game presser on Sunday. He said three words NO HC should ever utter, he said, "I don't know." when asked how to fix the offense.

He proved it last year when he gave up in the first half against the Broncos with 1:10 left in the half.  The blind squirrel found a nut week 1 this year in Detroit but then the universe quickly flipped back over into it's proper alignment and here we are.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

LOL

reminds me of a story

a certain poster would come to the old stadium every week and party.

(this is a real person, some definitely remember. Im not going to name names. But it's not Ham). 

Anyway, the Jets would lose, he'd go home and break some of his belongings. One week it was the TV. the next it was his chair.

over the course of the season (it may have been during a Pennington injury year) the Jets were so bad, that by the end he was tearing out the linoleum floor in the kitchen with his bare hands, because there was nothing left to break. 

untitled-222.gif

I must know.

The rest of these people ain’t gonna do sh*t. They’re just happy to be here. Like the guys on the team are. Like the Johnsons are just happy to own an NFL team. Like Bowles is just happy to coach one. And who the **** can blame them, right? I mean they’re the ones cashing in on this pyramid scheme. The ones who are footing the bill are another story.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hardly a Shermanesque statement. You can't deny the mob. @Maxman will buy you a professional microphone from all his Russian advertising revenue.

I spend the great bulk of my time on this earth trying not to listen to my thoughts. Why the hell would I subject anyone else to them?

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Nothing is a better option if Bowles is still here after this season. He is a coaching nightmare and deserves to be canned. 

Nope. He and Macc are a package deal, if he goes Macc goes, if Macc stays Bowles stays. So you either give them a chance to right the ship or you let them both go.  

3 minutes ago, August said:

Nope. He and Macc are a package deal, if he goes Macc goes, if Macc stays Bowles stays. So you either give them a chance to right the ship or you let them both go.  

I don't know if this is going to happen. Bowles is 100% gone and I would say Macc is 50/50. 

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I spend the great bulk of my time on this earth trying not to listen to my thoughts. Why the hell would I subject anyone else to them?

Same reason you fart in an elevator, much more dangerous to hold it in.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

After watching his defense fail for multiple seasons why on earth would anyone want this guy as a DC??

But then again this is the Woody & Chris show so ............

Arians teaching Sam outweighs the stench of Bowles sticking around

13 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I must know.

The rest of these people ain’t gonna do sh*t. They’re just happy to be here. Like the guys on the team are. Like the Johnsons are just happy to own an NFL team. Like Bowles is just happy to coach one. And who the **** can blame them, right? I mean they’re the ones cashing in on this pyramid scheme. The ones who are footing the bill are another story.

losing games makes a team just as much money as winning games. the johnsons don't want to spend money

There is no way Bowles is back next year.  Along with Bowles deserving to be fired, there are politics involved and Public Relations as well.  

The ownership of the Jets understand that basically every single fan is desperate for Bowles to be fired, and the fans are the ones paying for the tickets and supporting the team.  For this reason alone, Bowles is a goner.

Politically, players will not want to come to the Jets, and current players will want to leave the Jets.  It will be hard to build a winning team with players that don't want to come to NY or stay in NY and play for a coach that obviously has lost the respect of the players.  The ownership of the Jets must understand this as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 2:18 PM, rangerous said:

i don't see him coming back as hc.  at best, he could be dc.  even though his defense is giving up a ton of yards these days he still might be a decent dc if he didn't have to be distracted by being the hc.

Ariens goes to Cleveland and takes TB with him.

Archived