Bills Release WR Kelvin Benjamin

joewilly12

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

The last time this happened because @T0mShane and I made fun of his tailgate shoes. Someone obviously told him his shoes were ugly today and Gas doesn’t take too kindly to that.

+1

AND SOME @$$HOLE DID STEP ON MY WINGTIPS TODAY ON THE 1 TRAIN!

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Revis was my favorite player. It’s fact that he went out in a sour/greedy/self absorbed note and deserves the criticism. 

Fine but for that to be basically the only thing many talk about is ridiculous. Fenway even had a Bill Buckner Day. He’s more fondly remembered by Sox fans and he cost them a championship. Mommas don’t let your sons grow up to be Jets players.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I was a Keenan Allen guy, that’s how you play this game right?

Eh.  Not really.  Allen was the year before.  Who did you pick to defend your title? @Villain The Foe often has favorites.  Sometimes they are hits (Alshon Jeffery) sometimes less so (Mike Glennon).  I think that Jordan Matthews was his guy that year and if I remember he was pretty vocal.   I think he was also very high on Jarvis Landry.  I tend to like size/speed guys and thought that Moncrief was a beast, though I doubt I really mentioned it.  Figured he wouldn't bust and was value in the third.  It is why I was high on guys like Chris Conley and Robert Meachem.  They rarely bust because their athleticism keeps them relevant, but if I'd watched more college ball maybe I'd like them much less.  FWIW, we were all better than Idzik. 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Fine but for that to be basically the only thing many talk about is ridiculous. Fenway even had a Bill Buckner Day. He’s more fondly remembered by Sox fans and he cost them a championship. Mommas don’t let your sons grow up to be Jets players.

Well to be fair, it’s been too recent since all the bad stuff happened with him. That stuff will also never go away and possibly tainted his all time great/fan favorite status. It’s not like his career just declined.

He was notorious for holding out constantly, went to the F’N patriots and won a Super Bowl of all teams and when he came back, he clearly didn’t put the effort in that he used to because he was still relatively young compared to many corners and looked bad due to conditioning. 

Also, his fat/laziness was the point of topic and what I referred to since we were talking about Kelvin Benjamin. Benjamin was literally nothing to do with any of he great things that Revjs did. They have 2 things in common....fat and lazy career trajectory. This wasn’t  a Revis thing like at all. It was a joke. Now it’s abkut Revis. I hope you are happy!!!!

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well to be fair, it’s been too recent since all the bad stuff happened with him. That stuff will also never go away and possibly tainted his all time great/fan favorite status. It’s not like his career just declined.

He was notorious for holding out constantly, went to the F’N patriots and won a Super Bowl of all teams and when he came back, he clearly didn’t put the effort in that he used to because he was still relatively young compared to many corners and looked bad due to conditioning. 

Also, his fat/laziness was the point of topic and what I referred to since we were talking about Kelvin Benjamin. Benjamin was literally nothing to do with any of he great things that Revjs did. They have 2 things in common....fat and lazy career trajectory. This wasn’t  a Revis thing like at all. It was a joke. Now it’s abkut Revis. I hope you are happy!!!!

They have zero in common. Revis is an all time great and kelvin is a never was. That’s like comparing Dan Marino to Brooks Bollinger because they are both retired.

Just now, jgb said:

They have zero in common. Revis is an all time great and kelvin is a never was. That’s like comparing Dan Marino to Brooks Bollinger because they are both retired.

They have the fat/lazy label in common hence my ONLY reference between the too. It was a joke. I’m not sure why you are taking it so seriously. They were in TOTALLY different leagues as players. Yes I agree. Yes water is wet. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

They have the fat/lazy label in common hence my ONLY reference between the too. It was a joke. I’m not sure why you are taking it so seriously. They were in TOTALLY different leagues as players. Yes I agree. Yes water is wet. 

Uh who is taking what seriously I’m working on a turtle head killing time talking to you 

Just now, jgb said:

Uh who is taking what seriously I’m working on a turtle head killing time by talking to you 

Haha!!! Well you seemed really defensive about Revis and when I explained that I was ONLY referring to the fat/lazy thing, you seemed to continue to ignore that and what I meant. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Haha!!! Well you seemed really defensive about Revis and when I explained that I was ONLY referring to the fat/lazy thing, you seemed to continue to ignore that and what I meant. 

No I just think the jets have what 3 players in the HOF as jets and see no need to slam the 4th when he was a stud for a long time and gave a lot of great memories 

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

No I just think the jets have what 3 players in the HOF as jets and see no need to slam the 4th when he was a stud for a long time and gave a lot of great memories 

Well....you make the bed you lie in. HE did all those unlikeable things and I can’t say a disagree with the popular opinion of him.

To be the best the best coverage corner ever, even if for a short period, and to shut down LEGIT #1s/all time greats on a regular basis, is still the most impressive thing that I’ve seen in all of my years watching football. 2009-2010 was unbelievable and no on expected him to continue playing close to that level and that would have been fine.

All the negatives are not due to being too old and washed up as a player. They were voluntary on his part and this is the result. It’s an awkward love/hate relationship that HE created. The worst thing was flat out dogging it when he came back here. I’d say that was the Todd Bowles effect but he looked terrible in KC and whiffed on some key plays. 

Over time it may get better because of the legendary things that he did but people will also remember the negatives and it’ll probably always diminish his fan favorite status compared to guys like Mangold etc. 

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well....you make the bed you lie in. HE did all those unlikeable things and I can’t say a disagree with the popular opinion of him.

To be the best the best coverage corner ever, even if for a short period, and to shut down LEGIT #1s/all time greats on a regular basis, is still the most impressive thing that I’ve seen in all of my years watching football. 2009-2010 was unbelievable and no on expected him to continue playing close to that level and that would have been fine.

All the negatives are not due to being too old and washed up as a player. They were voluntary on his part and this is the result. It’s an awkward love/hate relationship that HE created. The worst thing was flat out dogging it when he came back here. I’d say that was the Todd Bowles effect but he looked terrible in KC and whiffed on some key plays. 

Over time it may get better because of the legendary things that he did but people will also remember the negatives and it’ll probably always diminish his fan favorite status compared to guys like Mangold etc. 

Being hated mostly for getting old and not being able to do it any more iis the strange one.  Happens to every player, Jet fanbase hates their best for it.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Being hated mostly for getting old and not being able to do it any more iis the strange one.  Happens to every player, Jet fanbase hates their best for it.  

If "getting old" was all it was, that would be more than forgivable.  Revis was 30 when he returned for his 2nd stint with the Jets.  He'd just won a Super Bowl with the Patriots.  He was very clearly still physically able to play the game at a high level.  But he very clearly dogged it with the Jets.  That's the part that is unforgivable. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

True Jets Fans love all Jets players, no matter how old or terrible they are, including those that dont even play for the Jets anymore

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe you misunderstood me. Getting old and not being good anymore is not an issue at all. It’s normal and to be expected. In my opinion, Revis rapidly declined starting at 30-31 and it didn’t seem like it was due to age. It was so drastic and there were reports about him being heavier and clearly lost a step. It seemed conditioning related and not due to age.

I realize players can decline after 30 but someone as skilled as him does not decline THAT much in the very beginning of his 30s when CBs can still play. This seemed like lack of effort, caring and conditioning. 

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You were a Jordan Matthews guy, IIRC.  Both fairly disappointing with flashes.  I liked Moncrief as a value guy, and he has kind of sucked too. 

You remember correctly, though Jordan Matthews wasnt touted as highly as Kelvin Benjamin coming out of college. 

Matthews ripped up his knee and really hasnt been the same guy. He had a nice 3 year start to his career though before being traded up north to the Bills. 

Things fell apart after that. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You remember correctly, though Jordan Matthews wasnt touted as highly as Kelvin Benjamin coming out of college. 

Matthews ripped up his knee and really hasnt been the same guy. He had a nice 3 year start to his career though before being traded up north to the Bills. 

Things fell apart after that. 

Benjamin’s problem has been attitude

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

And his hands. I was watching those Jameis Winston Florida St. years, and Kelvin Benjamin was just a big dude at WR, but he never had WR hands. 

I still think the jets should sign him.  The Jets are putrid at WR

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Exactly, you have to keep losers like him away from a young QB. Good move by Bills. Remember, the Giants jettisoned Shockey to get him away from Eli, and they never looked back.

But we have no better options.  Years of whiffing on the Devin Smith’s, Stephen Hills, Chad Hansen’s and Ardarius Stewart’s have come home to roost.  Sam will not get better unless we get him receivers 

Benjamin half assing it has had a statistically similar year to Robby Anderson 

Archived