Jump to content
playtowinthegame

Official Countdown Till Jets Fire Maccagnan and Bowles

Recommended Posts

The group of jackals calling the roster a train wreck sound like scorned teenage girls.  It's a better roster than the last 2 teams we lost to on both sides of the ball.

A good coach has this team 7-6.

Maccnificent isnt getting fired..  very excited to see what he has in store the next few months.  Rejoice jet fans!  Bowles will be gone soon.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with others, I don't think Mac goes too unless there is somebody they desperately want and/or the HC candidates won't come here. I am not defending Mac, just don't think it is in the plain. I also, do think money has anything to do with it. The Jets are worth way more now than when they were bought, and I think I read somewhere that they are cash flow positive. Also, the team would be worth way more if it was winning (tickets, parking, jersey sales, etc.).

I hope that a new CS is enough to turn this team around and make watching them fun again. Or, it is going to be a few more long years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets should do what they did with Terry Bradway when they demoted him and promoted Tannenbaum from within. Just promote Hermandinger and hope the awful draft picks were because of Maccagnan.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, this roster is not good, but I think there is a relative scarcity of talent in the NFL.  

Its not like all of the 8 losses were blow outs.  The Jets blew leads or underachieved in most of those games.  With better coaching, this team could be 5-6 or 6-5.   That is not defending Mac, but the coaching is worse.

Mac had more than one bad draft pick-bad not being the player did not work out-that is common.  Bad is "what were you thinking, the rest of the league knew this player would never work out."  I would put Harrison, Hack, Stewart, Hansen, possibly Leggett, Donahue and possibly Shepherd in that "bad draft pick, like Saunders/Evans bad got Idzik fired, category."

The way the Jets value draft picks is clearly flawed.  They do better on the pro personnel, which is what makes their roster bottom 6, not bottom bottom.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

What no one seems to care about is that a GM can't coach the players.

lol, everyone understands this.  The problem with this mentality is people see what's going on on the field, and are quick to say the coach is 100 % to blame.  It doesn't take into account the "bigger picture", which suggests ANY coach would fail with this roster. 

We went 5-11 the 2 seasons before this one.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

We have no pass rusher on the roster capable of shedding blocks or making a move to get to the QB.  Thus we make sh*tty QB's look elite because they have all day to throw.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Our 2 best receivers are both always getting hurt, and one of them is limited in the types of routes he can run.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

We have only one impactful defensive player on the field.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Our offensive line is well below average.  Our starting Center, one of the biggest offseason pickups, couldn't even snap the ball effectively.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Bowles sucks.  This is indisputable.  But handing this roster Macc built onto a new HC, without replacing the GM himself, won't fix any of our problems. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's not going to happen but I wonder how much loot it would take to get B.Cowher into the building in a Director of All things capacity....let this guy take the bull by the horns and set things "right" ... and from what I have read he's pretty much a full time New Yorker and his wife is a fan of the team.

 

Things could get interesting if the proposed check had enough zeroes on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reynolds1029 said:

What no one seems to care about is that a GM can't coach the players. Week in and week out we see plays CONSISTENTLY underperforming. We have seen flashes of great play from this team all to be ruined by some dumb mental error or just some player saying fu@k it and packing it in. 

Todd Bowles has been the problem, Macc's drafts have been very average which I'm fine with since this was his first time as a GM. 

It's like everyone here expects every pick to be the next HOF player no matter who the GM is. But in reality every GM misses and the ones who miss a lot get fired. I wouldn't say Macc misses so much (John Idzik level) that he deserves to be fired. 

He made ONE horrible pick in Hack. Which if you look at the bigger picture it really was not even that terrible. If I was Macc and worked with Bill O'Brien and scouted Hack in his freshman year I'd be worried Bill would pick him in the 3rd round like the Redskins did with Kirk Cousins. He took a risk on a guy who he thought could be coached into being a successful QB.

I'm honestly more mad at Bowles for never playing him in at least ONE game. I don't care how bad Todd thought he was, the guy being a second round pick deserved just ONE game. Even if it's bad like Nathan Peterman at least you know. 

Overall, this roster is better than the pile of sh!t he started with. I really think with a good coach this team would be in playoff contention. 

One horrible pick?  What about Devin Smith? Lorenzo Mauldin?  Jarvis Harrison?  Ardarius Stewart?  Chad Hansen?  Dylan Donahue?  And that's just a quick list of guys who are all already out of the league, which includes nearly ever mid-round pick Macc has ever made, including 2 that only lasted one year.

Why in the world should Bowles have wasted his, or anyone else's time with Hackenberg?  You're claiming that all of Macc's incompetencies should be blamed on Bowles, yet think it totally reasonable that Bowles should have had the entire team be at the whims of Macc's idiocy about a player that Bowles clearly knew better, and literally the entire NFL disagreed with Maccagnan on?

Bottom line, for how much you want to blame Bowles for Maccagnan failing to put together an even slightly competent roster, it all boils down to one question:  can you name even one single player acquisition made by Maccagnan, be it draft pick or free agent, that has gone to have greater success after leaving the team?  After all, if it's Bowles holding down the endless stream of talent acquired by Maccagnan, there should be a very long list of examples that would support this cause, considering what a large volume of Macc's FA signings and draft picks have been cut by the team.  Of course, the truth to that is that there is absolutely no single example that exists, because this team has been saddled with crap for the past 4 years.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

yeah totes magotes dude

Ok real question.  Did you get totes Magotes from something?  I say that all the time to my kids and I don't know if I just lifted it from somewhere or what.

I say a lot of weird things though, so if we both independently came up with the same dumb goofy saying, I like your style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Ok real question.  Did you get totes Magotes from something?  I say that all the time to my kids and I don't know if I just lifted it from somewhere or what.

I say a lot of weird things though, so if we both independently came up with the same dumb goofy saying, I like your style.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both need to be let go. Any good coach is not coming here with a lame duck GM. Do you really trust Mac with the highest cap space, a high draft choices, to pick the right coach? He's having a hard time just picking the right players. Start over! Hate to see it but its not going to get better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

You fire Bowles, hire a President of Football Operations and let him handle Macagnan's fate.

This should be the plan moving forward. I wish it was the plan 10 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

One horrible pick?  What about Devin Smith? Lorenzo Mauldin?  Jarvis Harrison?  Ardarius Stewart?  Chad Hansen?  Dylan Donahue?  And that's just a quick list of guys who are all already out of the league, which includes nearly ever mid-round pick Macc has ever made, including 2 that only lasted one year.

Why in the world should Bowles have wasted his, or anyone else's time with Hackenberg?  You're claiming that all of Macc's incompetencies should be blamed on Bowles, yet think it totally reasonable that Bowles should have had the entire team be at the whims of Macc's idiocy about a player that Bowles clearly knew better, and literally the entire NFL disagreed with Maccagnan on?

Bottom line, for how much you want to blame Bowles for Maccagnan failing to put together an even slightly competent roster, it all boils down to one question:  can you name even one single player acquisition made by Maccagnan, be it draft pick or free agent, that has gone to have greater success after leaving the team?  After all, if it's Bowles holding down the endless stream of talent acquired by Maccagnan, there should be a very long list of examples that would support this cause, considering what a large volume of Macc's FA signings and draft picks have been cut by the team.  Of course, the truth to that is that there is absolutely no single example that exists, because this team has been saddled with crap for the past 4 years.

Dylan Donahue was his own worst enemy, injured and arrested Macc can't help that.

Chad Hansen, just a 4th round pick and is currently a Denver Bronco.

Ardarius Stewart got himself suspended and cut, his problem not Macc's. 

Jarvis Harrison didn't pan out, not all of them do especially in the 5th round

Lorenzo Mauldin again couldn't stay healthy and got assault charges. He was here for 3 years and sat out for 2017 and couldn't stay healthy in 2016 but did have a promising 2015 before the injuries. 

Devin Smith also couldn't stay healthy. He showed a lot of promise but then Robby Anderson happened and really replaced his role as he was injured. Not only that Fitz was QB at the time and couldn't sling it deep to him. 

The really one horrible and awful pick was Hack. I put blame on Bowles for it too because even if he was bad there was an opportunity a few times for him to play one game and see what he has. Bowles never allowed it. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will believe it when I see it. I've been watching this team make the same mistakes under different owners/regimes etc. Nothing is set in stone when it comes to the Jets. We would all do well to remember that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need the 25 day Todd Bowles Firing advent calendar.

Behind each door a fun "Todd" related action. Like "let's punt down two scores with under 2 mins to play!" Or "No halftime adjustments"

 

 

 

IMG_2214.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KRL said:

People are going to be disappointed because I don't think Maccagnan is going
anywhere.  His drafting hasn't been good but I believe the way he attacked
the QB position last year and lucked into Darnold will save him.  Add in a 
couple of other factors:

- Chris Johnson is a "newbie" owner so I don't think he's going to be comfortable
doing a GM and a HC search

- Maccagnan hasn't done a good job but I believe the 3-9 record lays more at the
feet of Bowles.  This team should be 7-5 or 6-6 at worst if the coaching staff
was decent:
 * CLE 
 * Second MIA game
 * BUF
 * TEN
The roster isn't elite but you mean the coaching staff had nothing in their "bag
of tricks" to get the team home against average competition?  It's not like we
were playing KC, NE, PIT or LA

All great points but IMO Chris isn't canning anyone without Big bro Woody's blessing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Hope all fans boycott jets in 2019, and until mac is fired. Which will be 2020 if fans stick to that threat..

Not gonna happen.  Fans will still show up to the remaining home games this season... even if some of us wish they wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Dylan Donahue was his own worst enemy, injured and arrested Macc can't help that.

Chad Hansen, just a 4th round pick and is currently a Denver Bronco.

Ardarius Stewart got himself suspended and cut, his problem not Macc's. 

Jarvis Harrison didn't pan out, not all of them do especially in the 5th round

Lorenzo Mauldin again couldn't stay healthy and got assault charges. He was here for 3 years and sat out for 2017 and couldn't stay healthy in 2016 but did have a promising 2015 before the injuries. 

Devin Smith also couldn't stay healthy. He showed a lot of promise but then Robby Anderson happened and really replaced his role as he was injured. Not only that Fitz was QB at the time and couldn't sling it deep to him. 

The really one horrible and awful pick was Hack. I put blame on Bowles for it too because even if he was bad there was an opportunity a few times for him to play one game and see what he has. Bowles never allowed it. 

Defending worthless draft picks?   I am  almost speechless...

Worst post of the week. 

One more thing... "Devin Smith showed promise?"   I can't even imagine what you watched...

Most inaccurate statement of the year.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

 

This money angle is important to you.

everything in life is always about money 

I assume that and go from there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, varjet said:

Yes, this roster is not good, but I think there is a relative scarcity of talent in the NFL.   

 

yeah all the talent is on the other teams and the Jets are 17 mil under the cap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

everything in life is always about money 

I assume that and go from there 

If that's your thing, cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Not gonna happen.  Fans will still show up to the remaining home games this season... even if some of us wish they wouldn't.

this season. No point in firing mac now. But if the Johnsons do not, they need to feel it next yr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

This is not a 7-5 or 6-6 roster.  I'd say 4-8 or 5-7 is fair, but that's about it.  And if we're good with a 5-7 team four years into Macc's tenure, we need to seriously raise our expectations. 

I love when we play this game, we only count the games we "should have won" and ignore games we narrowly won, or likely would be very different if played again.  Like, all three of them.

This is one of the worst rosters in the NFL.  The proof is in the outcome.

Macc may not get fired, but he sure should.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Yes because firing the GM every 3 years always works out!! 

I also totally trust our dipsh$t owners to pick the next genius Director of Pro Scouting and that guy will just be instant plug and play drafting gold!!

How could it get any worse?  Honestly...

We have one player on this roster who we can unequiocally say is "good."  And that player doesn't play an impactful position.  The second player we can point to wasn't even brought in by this GM, and is always hurt.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

We have seen flashes of great play from this team

When?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

It's like everyone here expects every pick to be the next HOF player

No.  We expect not to be dead last in players drafted who are still in the NFL.  But, we are.  Last.  Macc has drafted the least amount of current NFL players of anyone over these past 4 years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pac said:

The group of jackals calling the roster a train wreck sound like scorned teenage girls.  It's a better roster than the last 2 teams we lost to on both sides of the ball.

A good coach has this team 7-6.

 Maccnificent isnt getting fired..  very excited to see what he has in store the next few months.  Rejoice jet fans!  Bowles will be gone soon.

Do you even watch football?

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macc is getting a shot to pick his own coach, hopefully we don't repeat the executive consultant nonsense when he gets canned in 2-3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

When?

Forget it... This Reynolds guy sees something different then the entire world.

Why argue?  No point...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Only 25 days and 4 games of misery left. Can't wait to start over fresh in 2019. New GM, new head coach, top 3 pick, 2nd most cap space in NFL, and new unifirms.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals. 

Can we add a new buyer for the team?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Dylan Donahue was his own worst enemy, injured and arrested Macc can't help that.

Chad Hansen, just a 4th round pick and is currently a Denver Bronco.

Ardarius Stewart got himself suspended and cut, his problem not Macc's. 

Jarvis Harrison didn't pan out, not all of them do especially in the 5th round

Lorenzo Mauldin again couldn't stay healthy and got assault charges. He was here for 3 years and sat out for 2017 and couldn't stay healthy in 2016 but did have a promising 2015 before the injuries. 

Devin Smith also couldn't stay healthy. He showed a lot of promise but then Robby Anderson happened and really replaced his role as he was injured. Not only that Fitz was QB at the time and couldn't sling it deep to him. 

The really one horrible and awful pick was Hack. I put blame on Bowles for it too because even if he was bad there was an opportunity a few times for him to play one game and see what he has. Bowles never allowed it. 

When you think about it, these in facts were good picks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...