Official Countdown Till Jets Fire Maccagnan and Bowles

playtowinthegame

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, they don't understand money.  Yet the team has increased in value from the $635M they paid for it to $2.85B.  I am quite sure they don't understand finances at all.  

Dumb. They had nothing to do with the increase. They were born, inherited a boat load of money, got bored, and bought a football team that they have done nothing with. Failed to get a West Side NY Stadium, ended up sharing a crap Giants Stadium 2 in the swamp, botched season ticket pricing and still managed to increase, owed to the growth of the league. They won the lotto again. They didn't actually DO anything. Name one thing they personally did to improve the franchise. We'll wait.

4 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Dylan Donahue was his own worst enemy, injured and arrested Macc can't help that.

Chad Hansen, just a 4th round pick and is currently a Denver Bronco.

Ardarius Stewart got himself suspended and cut, his problem not Macc's. 

Jarvis Harrison didn't pan out, not all of them do especially in the 5th round

Lorenzo Mauldin again couldn't stay healthy and got assault charges. He was here for 3 years and sat out for 2017 and couldn't stay healthy in 2016 but did have a promising 2015 before the injuries. 

Devin Smith also couldn't stay healthy. He showed a lot of promise but then Robby Anderson happened and really replaced his role as he was injured. Not only that Fitz was QB at the time and couldn't sling it deep to him. 

The really one horrible and awful pick was Hack. I put blame on Bowles for it too because even if he was bad there was an opportunity a few times for him to play one game and see what he has. Bowles never allowed it. 

So if a player is so terrible that they are not even good enough to be another team's backup, the GM who selected that player is just a poor innocent victim of it all?  By that logic, what's the point of even having a GM?  Sounds like a complete waste of money.  Might as well just pick names out of a hat and hope those players decide not to suck.

After all, it's not like the entire reason GMs are paid millions upon millions of dollars is solely for the purpose of predicting the future success of their selections and signings, in order to maximize the return, right?  Maybe Maccagnan can do me a favor and take me with the Jets first round pick.  I'd be more than happy to take the blame while getting paid millions for Maccagnan's mind-numbing stupidity.  Besides, the next head coach clearly should have coached me up to my potential.

29 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So if a player is so terrible that they are not even good enough to be another team's backup, the GM who selected that player is just a poor innocent victim of it all?  By that logic, what's the point of even having a GM?  Sounds like a complete waste of money.  Might as well just pick names out of a hat and hope those players decide not to suck.

After all, it's not like the entire reason GMs are paid millions upon millions of dollars is solely for the purpose of predicting the future success of their selections and signings, in order to maximize the return, right?  Maybe Maccagnan can do me a favor and take me with the Jets first round pick.  I'd be more than happy to take the blame while getting paid millions for Maccagnan's mind-numbing stupidity.  Besides, the next head coach clearly should have coached me up to my potential.

Can you snap a football? If so.... 

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Is there a better way for Mr. Johnson to select his GM?

Of all the things I can fault Woody for, how he leaned on experienced Football people to help him is not one.

Didn't work out, but the idea was a good one.

How do you think he should hire the next GM Bit?

If he can identify which experienced Football people to go to for advice why can’t he identify the experienced Football people to run the team?

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We went 5-11 the 2 seasons before this one.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Yes, because Bowles has lost us many games along the stretch due to poor in-game management, poor play calling and poor execution which after it happens more than once IS the COACHES fault. None of these teams were 5-11 because they were devoid of talent. Bowles lost the locker room in 2016 to a team that went 10-6 prior. Why? Because he sucks at coaching and dealing with veteran players.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have no pass rusher on the roster capable of shedding blocks or making a move to get to the QB.  Thus we make sh*tty QB's look elite because they have all day to throw.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Again Bowles was given multiple top draft picks and multiple talented defensive lineman. What happened? He never knew how to use those guys to their strengths. NEVER put them in a position to succeed and put ShelDumb at OLB for god's sake. 10/10 WOULD COACH DRUNK AGAIN. He was given Lorenzo Mauldin, Darron Lee and 4 great lineman. He did nothing with them and one even gave up. He sucks. Rodgers sucks even more for this.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Our 2 best receivers are both always getting hurt, and one of them is limited in the types of routes he can run.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Again a good offensive mind knows how to use the talent he has. This offense actually looked decent under John Morton. Bowles being Bowles fires him because he knows John Morton was going to replace him this year if he was kept on the team. Bowles then puts the unqualified Jeremy Bates in and the offense collapses. We weren't complaining about our receivers until Jeremy Bates happened. In fact that was our bright spot on offense. The only thing changed is the coaching

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have only one impactful defensive player on the field.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Yes. Also Marcus Maye was good before he got hurt. There is no excuse except for bad leadership and coaching when other players quit. Or not being utilized properly. 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Our offensive line is well below average.  Our starting Center, one of the biggest offseason pickups, couldn't even snap the ball effectively.  Does all of that blame fall on Bowles?

Well the ball snapping problem is absolutely on Bowles. It was evident that he should not be playing after about one quarter. I also wouldn't count out a center that played injured and played terribly. I think he'll turn it around when healthy 

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

You have to be a homer of the highest degree, we're talking a love child (or bastard) created by RayRay and WhoFans, to think that this roster even approaches below average to decent.

It’s horrendous on every level except the secondary. 

Ah come on the punter is pretty good.

16 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Hope all fans boycott jets in 2019, and until mac is fired. Which will be 2020 if fans stick to that threat..

I hope Todd and Mike decide to go on a team building trip.

They will team up and prepare to go sky diving.

The flight will be great, no clouds , and they make a successful jump.

Conversation ensues about how great this is and then...

They pull the cord in unison.

Nothing.

"I thought you packed it" both exclaim.

They hug each other.....

Thud.

The Johnson's have to sell the team to cover the lawsuits from the families.

The Jets become a perennial playoff team.

21 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Only 25 days and 4 games of misery left. Can't wait to start over fresh in 2019. New GM, new head coach, top 3 pick, 2nd most cap space in NFL, and new uniforms.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals. 

Well at least you're half right.

Some people fall into the age old trap of "Since the coach is so horrific the gm cannot be horrific."  or visa versa

Actually yes, both the coach and gm can be pure awful.

I also love the logic of we have to keep a guy one because other teams have long term coach and gms and it works for them.  They would rather keep an awful franchise killing person than can him and start again.

Four drafts is plenty of time to judge a GM, if you think not then John Idzik should still be the Jets GM.

16 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Dylan Donahue was his own worst enemy, injured and arrested Macc can't help that.

Chad Hansen, just a 4th round pick and is currently a Denver Bronco.

Ardarius Stewart got himself suspended and cut, his problem not Macc's. 

Jarvis Harrison didn't pan out, not all of them do especially in the 5th round

Lorenzo Mauldin again couldn't stay healthy and got assault charges. He was here for 3 years and sat out for 2017 and couldn't stay healthy in 2016 but did have a promising 2015 before the injuries. 

Devin Smith also couldn't stay healthy. He showed a lot of promise but then Robby Anderson happened and really replaced his role as he was injured. Not only that Fitz was QB at the time and couldn't sling it deep to him. 

The really one horrible and awful pick was Hack. I put blame on Bowles for it too because even if he was bad there was an opportunity a few times for him to play one game and see what he has. Bowles never allowed it. 

This would all be acceptable if Mac hit on his other moves. He hasn’t. Look around the league and look at the number of young, emerging players who’ve been drafted from rounds 2-5 in the last four years. Our roster has none of them.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well at least you're half right.

I like my chances being 100% right in 24 Days. Though I could be wrong regarding the timing...Mac and Bowles might get fired sooner than expected. Maybe after Deshaun Watson's Texans win at MetLife and the Jets are losers of 8 straight and 3-11.

11 hours ago, shuler82 said:

This would all be acceptable if Mac hit on his other moves. He hasn’t. Look around the league and look at the number of young, emerging players who’ve been drafted from rounds 2-5 in the last four years. Our roster has none of them.

But it's hard to really evaluate these players with this coaching staff. 

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

3 weeks until bowles gets fired

4 years and 3 weeks until mac get fired

If that happens none of the top candidates are coming. We'll be interviewing the desperado candidates. Scroll down to see your next Jets head coach.

fisher.jpg

On 12/5/2018 at 12:28 PM, playtowinthegame said:

So your solution is to keep on spinning our wheels in the mud with Mac. It's pretty obvious the Jets are not making progress with Mac as the architect. Lucking into Darnold isn't enough to save his job, but I'm sure that's how he and his supporters/apologists feel.

It is looking more and more like Mac will be retained and probably pick the next head coach, so we will have to accept it regardless of what expectations there are. If that ends up being the case then we have to hope Mac improves at his job and see if the new path he must take i.e building the team properly around Darnold, works out and our Jets make progress. We have no other choice.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:21 AM, playtowinthegame said:

06F.jpg

The clock tick ticks

22 Days till Mac-N-Bowles

Hit the Bricks!!!!

Mac-N-Bowles, sounds like one of the combined food meals they sell in the store. That's funny. The way they have meshed it would have been a meal you have to choke down at best, at worst starve.

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

It is looking more and more like Mac will be retained and probably pick the next head coach, so we will have to accept it regardless of what expectations there are. If that ends up being the case then we have to hope Mac improves at his job and see if the new path he must take i.e building the team properly around Darnold, works out and our Jets make progress. We have no other choice.

I would almost be shocked at this point if Macc were fired.  I almost wonder if the Johnson family extended them both last year because they don't want to have to go through a search process again.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they're going to retain Macc plus let him pick the next HC.  But who knows.  I was certain Bowles would be fired a couple of weeks ago.  Now I feel a little less sure.

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would almost be shocked at this point if Macc were fired.  I almost wonder if the Johnson family extended them both last year because they don't want to have to go through a search process again.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they're going to retain Macc plus let him pick the next HC.  But who knows.  I was certain Bowles would be fired a couple of weeks ago.  Now I feel a little less sure.

It's so odd to me the way Jet fans hate Woody.  all offseason we heard how great Chris Johnson was doing and how they were glad Woody was away.  Chris was taking bows, holding press conferences and Jet fans ate it up, now we have a disastrous season(3rd straight losing season and 2nd straight under the "leadership" of Chris Johnson- by the way, when Woody was around we never even had 2 straight losing seasons) and it's "the Johnsons" not Chris Johnson. 

I wish Woody was back from his current job overseas, he was far from perfect but he did his best to help this team win and Chris Johnson has been a disaster. 

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It's so odd to me the way Jet fans hate Woody.  all offseason we heard how great Chris Johnson was doing and how they were glad Woody was away.  Chris was taking bows, holding press conferences and Jet fans ate it up, now we have a disastrous season(3rd straight losing season and 2nd straight under the "leadership" of Chris Johnson- by the way, when Woody was around we never even had 2 straight losing seasons) and it's "the Johnsons" not Chris Johnson. 

I wish Woody was back from his current job overseas, he was far from perfect but he did his best to help this team win and Chris Johnson has been a disaster. 

I was never a fan of either of them (though I think I dislike Woody more than Chris because he seems more political).  I don't see how Woody was better than Chris btw.  They were 5-11 under Woody and they'll likely end up with 4-5 wins this year under Chris.  

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was never a fan of either of them (though I think I dislike Woody more than Chris because he seems more political).  I don't see how Woody was better than Chris btw.  They were 5-11 under Woody and they'll likely end up with 4-5 wins this year under Chris.  

They never had back to back losing seasons under Woody. 

Archived